Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Salt water Fishing tips and tricks » Salmon Shark Fishing!

Salmon Shark Fishing!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:42 am

xHGxNicholas

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Hey everyone, I'm new here, and I would like to ask if anyone here knows what gear I need to fish for a salmon shark this season. I know it's a bit far away, but I'll be able to fish for one of two of them in July I believe. Thank you for your help!

2Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:32 am

kin

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
I assume you'll be Alaska for that? I remember reading somewhere that they are one of the few sharks that you can actually target on the fly...crazy stuff. Look at using large tuna gear. I'm talking about 50lb setups at the very least....I'd imagine marlin tackle is much more adequate though.

3Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:53 am

xHGxNicholas

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Yes, I will be in Alaska for this. I'm looking at these items so far. The ugly Stik Big Water Casting Rod 120 with the Avet HXJ 5/2 two-speed lever drag casting reel, If you have any suggestions on what I should use I'll take a look at them. I will only have about $700 to spend.

4Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:25 am

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Ask some of the fishing charters up there. They should know best and I'm sure they would be glad to help.

5Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:05 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Welcome to the board xHGxNicholas goof luck in Alaska and let us know how it goes.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:44 am

xHGxNicholas

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I will let everyone know when I catch one. If I don't catch one then I'm going to be one depressed fisherman

7Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:49 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing
Welcome Nicholas!!! enjoy your stay!

i wish i could help out..either way, best of luck out there in July!!! report back!

Tony G

8Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:03 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Welcome to the forum xHGxNicholas!
This sounds like a fun trip and let us know how you do.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

9Salmon Shark Fishing! Empty Re: Salmon Shark Fishing! on Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:15 am

xHGxNicholas

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I'll let you all know how it all works out. This is going to be in July so I'll post a new posting when I go out and fish. Thanks!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum