FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newby to floating, WTB first FT / Toon.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newby to floating, WTB first FT / Toon. Empty Newby to floating, WTB first FT / Toon. Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:55 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

If $ were not a big factor to you ... and without buying the very best that money can buy .... which FT would you prefer to purchase for yourself for maneuvering around in the harbors and or lakes ... and why?
Your pros and cons on quality float tubes please.

I'm looking for hours of comfort and staying dry.

I hear and read a lot of positive about the Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe.
Any experience and knowledge to share??

I've been known to be an avid surf fisherman but there are times that protected waters are a better choice for when one wants to get on the chew elsewhere due to lousy surf conditions.

FYI ... I've already owned and sold a 2014; fully loaded for fishing, Hobie outback w/ FF and the mirage drive. It was way too heavy to handle out of the water but luved it while it was in the water.

Your experience and knowledge will be appreciated.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:26 am; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : sp, removed questions on toons)

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Welcome SP Dan!!! i see you all the time on FNN, welcome!!!! ive seen you keep saying you havent caught a spottie..every time i see that i cant believe it with all the fish you have caught now ITS TIME!!!! LOL, ive done the HG56 and 7, good times

I personally own a Outcast Fish Cat 4 deluxe...very stable you sit up high and dry...mine has the seat and back rest that are inflatable....cuts good through the water and like i said very stable..ive been out there when its pretty hectic...but feel safe on the outcast....

Im sure you will get lots more information from peeps here....we also have an army of peeps with the cumberland and lots of mods....

hopefully this made sense LOL

Im out every wednesday after work, off at 430 and on the water at 5pm....come on out and lets catch your first spottie....

Again Welcome!

Tony G enjoy your stay!!!!!

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Probably the Dave Scadden's Outlaw Fuzion, like the one from Jeff's previous post.
Looks like you get the best of both worlds. Sit higher than a tube, and get the stabillity and the ability to mount a trolling motor like a toon.

Ive never tubed but I really love my toon, but the biggest downside to it is the weight (transporting it from home to body of water is a pain).

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum SP Dan   !

We have had a few comparisons of Floattube vs Pontoon. You can do a search to read them. What it boils down to is Floatubes are more convenient to transport and store, while pontoons are bulkier and have more speed.  You gave up on a yak because of transport issues, so a tube is the easiest. Floattubes  weigh less than the gear I load them with .

I have the Cumberland and it is an inflatable recliner that I fish from comfort wise.  Six hour secession's are no problem at all.  And you don't hear the yak guys talk about comfort. I'll let the toon guys respond to comfort issues. The Outcast makes a great tube and Tony G has a fantastic example. Outcast does make the Prowler that is a little bigger if you want more size.

In kayaks and pontoons I hear they cover 8 miles and more. I never "plan" on covering more than 2 miles in my tube.

Ask yourself how far you are going to walk with the tube or toon on your back, or will you always have a boat ramp. How much water do you want to cover. And finally, how much comfort do you want.

I hope this helps.

SP Dan

SP Dan

SP Dan wrote:If $ were not a big factor to you ... and without buying the very best that money can buy .... which FT would you prefer to purchase for yourself for maneuvering around in the harbors and or lakes ... and why?

I've been known to be an avid surf fisherman but there are times that protected waters are a better choice for when one wants to get on the chew elsewhere due to lousy surf conditions.

FYI ... I've already owned and sold a 2014; fully loaded for fishing, Hobie outback w/ FF and the mirage drive. It was way too heavy to handle out of the water but luved it while it was in the water.

SP Dan     <"))><

I sent out quite a few PM's and private texts to no prevail ...
so went on eBay and purchased a brand new Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe-LCS. Arrives next week.

I still WTB Force Fins XL, Air pump and a PFD.
I still need a design for a PVC rod rack for my FT.

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

SP Dan

SP Dan

I sent out quite a few PM's and private texts to no prevail ...
so went on eBay and purchased a brand new Outcast Fish Cat 4 Deluxe-LCS. Arrives next week.

I still WTB Force Fins XL, Air pump and a PFD.
I still need a design for a PVC rod rack for my FT.

SP Dan <"))><

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Congratz on the Dan, I'm sure you will be happy in that tube.

If you are still in the "money is no object mode" go to
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and order what ever you like.

Otherwise Ebay has ForceFins at auction continually.
The XXL are hard to come by but the XL always seem to be available.
The fully adjustable "fishing" are rare.

SP Dan

SP Dan

SP Dan wrote:If $ were not a big factor to you ... and without buying the very best that money can buy .... which FT would you prefer to purchase for yourself for maneuvering around in the harbors and or lakes ... and why?

SP Dan     <"))><

Well ... I'm almost there folks!!!

I've asked all of you a lot of questions and you were all very generous with your sharing, your experiences and your knowledge with me, it was all really helpful to me in making up my mind on all of my final decisions!

I'm looking at making my maiden voyage within the next two weekends. Fingers are crossed!!

I am plan to "buddy up" with my good friend Jason, who has put up with my endless hours of texting and questions. He is also a very experienced tuber.

One of the nice things is ... that I've already owned a lot of the gear that I will be needing on the FT.
I knew that I bought all that stuff for some reason.
I just know it would be for Float Tubing at that time!

I'm getting all jazzed about it!

SP Dan    <"))><

Thanx for all your great feedback folks!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

You go SP Dan good luck so glad you are heading out with someone for your first trip. Make sure you gets some good pictures and report back to us we will be waiting to hear how it all went.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum