FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday

+2
bigfish
Markiemark9
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:51 am

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hi all,

Inviting any and all FTFF members to join me Saturday morning to fish Louisville SRA, pits 2 and 2A. Details below:

• I'm planning to arrive and begin fishing at sunrise (Between 5:30-6am) until I'm/we're ready to leave. Likely won't go much past lunch-time.
  • Since this is a State Recreation Area, an either annual or daily permit is needed to park. $5 for daily and $26 for annual (Buy them here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • I want to focus on pits 2 and 2A as those are forecasted as the best bass producers per the 2016 Nebraska Fishing Forecast ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])
  • Directions (heading East): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
  • Directions (heading West): [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Map of meeting area:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hope to see lots of folks on Saturday!

2Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:33 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Looks like a great destination! Pit 2A has some nice shoreline structure. I like how they still call them pits. Even has a nice Bait Shop! I would bring the RV if I had it ready to go. I'm just too busy to prep it for the weekend.

I'll alert the Chapter so they'll be aware. You can count on me unless something comes up. The company is in the peak of it's season and thus becomes more demanding every day. So much for retirement.

Meet-up on the edge at sunrise sounds great!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:20 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Good luck out there boys!
It's a 22 hour drive from here so I'll just look for the report.
Smile

4Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:43 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

22 hours thats all maybe we can carpool LOL

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:51 am

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Looking forward to seeing you BigFish and to you So. Cal. boys - Where's the commitment level?!?! cheers

6Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:06 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:22 hours thats all maybe we can carpool LOL

Seriously!?

You drive that far for a fishing trip and I'll pay for half your gas! And put you up in a bed! Heck, I'd even feed ya!

Oh well...we'll all get together one day.

7Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

What a fun day yesterday! I arrived around 5:45am just as daylight was beginning. Unfortunately there was some lighting in the distance so I took my time getting there and getting ready. Shortly before 6am, the lighting stopped, the clouds began to thin and I was heading out on the water.

While kicking across the Pit 2 trolling my popper, I got a soft hit that I missed and knew it was going to be a great day. I made it across the pond and began working the shoreline. I saw BigFish pull up and begin getting ready around 6:30am-7am. I caught 4 small LMB (<8") in between some light drizzle showers.

BigFish was in the water working the shoreline behind me and I worked my way down the shoreline catching 2-more 10'"-12" LMB.

I got to the end of Pit 2 and transferred over to Pit 2A having caught 6 LMB. I quickly got into 2A and on my first cast missed a hit. Cast again, missed again. Cast #3 and nailed a 12" LMB. After releasing that one, the drill repeated exactly. 2A was on fire!

In the end of working my way around the entire shoreline of 2A, I had landed 27 LMB all around 10"-12" and fun fishing fish on my 6 weight fly rod and popper!

I transitioned back to Pit 2 and caught back up with BigFish. Once we met up, he hauled in a nice 13-14"" LMB. On his way in, he repeated finishing with 2 nice fish!

All in all a fun and VERY productive day, even if they were all young fish.

Final Numbers:

• Mark - 33 LMB
    BigFish - 2 LMB
    Total: 35 LMB

Below is a fun video I made of a catch:

Looking forward to going out again!

8Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wow! great video and I like that song.
I have never had a 30 bass day and that sounds fun.

Thanks for sharing.

9Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:44 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great video and day of fishing. Well done fella's!

10Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

wow, AWESOME JOB, 35 bass, holly molly! very cool....way to lay the wood. Thumbs Up

how many cameras do you have on your tube by the way? or was that just one....cool footage...

Tony G Fishing

11Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Empty Re: Fishing Louisville SRA Saturday Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:51 am

Markiemark9

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:how many cameras do you have on your tube by the way? or was that just one....cool footage...

Tony G Fishing

Thanks Tony! I only have one camera that I was able to maneuver around a lot. BigFish runs quite a few tho.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum