FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boomarang Tool Company Cutters

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Empty Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:36 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I was at Island Tackle in Carson seeing my ol' buddy Sam at his new store and I purchased these braid cutters from him for $15 geeders
and they come with their own retractable cord and a split ring ta-boot.
I like how the cutting blades pull down and lock, in the closed position.
I was cutting-off tiny 1/6" and 1/8" snips off the 55# 8-carrier braid like it was warmed butter. I became sold on them ... right-then-and-there!
I just hope that they will hold up for many sessions and seasons as well.

They also sell a more $ expensive model that comes with it's own built-in LED light.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan     <"))><

PS .... In the near future, I will write a consumer report on this item.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Empty Re: Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:23 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great little cutter. 

Congratz!

3Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Empty Re: Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Once I realized my fingernail snips were worthless on braid, I bought some "Rapala Super Line Scissors" and they were less than impressive.

Then one day at the tackle store, they had the Boomerang snips by the cash register so I bought a pair. I've had them for about six months - and while they are not as incredibly sharp as when new, they are still miles better than the Rapala's.

One side has micro-serrations that grip the line and for me, they've been great little snips.

Oh yeah, I killed the spring loaded retractor in about a month. Didn't slow me down a bit, loved the snips so much I just clamped the line shut and keep using them.

I'll be interested to see if you have a similar experience.

4Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Empty Re: Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:04 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

OB ... did you give the cutting edges a light coating of sewing machine oil or some form of protection?
As we all know ... the SW environment is extremely harsh on everything that it makes contact with.

I thought that I saw some rust spots forming on your Boomerang cutters in the photo.

Thanx for sharing.

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

5Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Empty Re: Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I had a problem with the Rapala's in that the line wanted to squeeze out of them, so I've been leery of putting any kind of oil on these because I didn't want it to get on the cutting surfaces.

A little surface rust has developed on the "handles" and a small spot right at the very base of the blades, but I wiped that spot off with a scotch-brite.

To be honest, the cost was so low and because I always seem to lose or destroy stuff like this eventually, I pretty much consider these things disposable. I wouldn't personally try to sharpen them (no skills), so once they stop performing well, I will simply replace them.

6Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Empty Re: Boomarang Tool Company Cutters Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:04 am

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I love Boomerang scissors I have a couple of pair, I keep one in my kayak and one attached to my gear bag. The older pair is starting to dull but it is still effective.

http://bassinthehood.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum