FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My "it's been a while" post

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My "it's been a while" post Empty My "it's been a while" post Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

so......I'm up to Mammoth Lakes for the Annual Half Marathon weekend and of course, had to squeeze in a fishing session. Was given a suggestion by a forum member to go try out Intake 2 but work kept me longer than planned so we arrived at the Condo way way later than expected. My iPhone alarm buzzed me up only after 2 hours of sleep and every ounce of energy and consciousness was telling me to turn it off and roll back over to get more zzz's.
So I rolled right off the bed and brushed up and headed out the door.  Didn't want to drive 40 miles back down to Bishop so decided to give Convict Lake a try. Short drive and in the water in about a half hour. Parking Lot was empty and right next to the Boat Launch which is where I launched out of. Kicked out and started rigging up. Left side rod holder was sportin' a Mice Tail (orange/green) and jigging a Mini Jig on hand. After 3 cast I get bumped but it was a short bite. Went around the rocks on the other side and worked that area for a lil bit. Then  after about 15 mins into it, I get my first! Whoo hoo!  No skunk!  Nothing to write home about in terms of size but still fun on 2 lb test. Worked along the right side tree lines as well and picked up another. When it wasn't producing much I worked towards the middle and caught 3 more, most of them on the bottom.
Water was cold but the outside temperature started getting warm FAST! Put in 2 hours and caught 5. Not Great but not bad either. I would've just been as happy if it was just one. That good ol' feeling when you first kick off the launch and hear the water splash. ......just Bliss. Very Happy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=https://servimg.com/view/19499550/9][img]

Last edited by Yellowrock on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Way too many duplicate pictures posted)

2My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:36 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Great report yellow rock, and thank for sharing so glad you found your way back to the FTFF. I really like the shot of your float tube waiting to get wet nice work. I hope you don't mind I saw you had a lot of double pictures and so I made an edit to thin it out to the 6 pictures you posted. Again nice to have you back sir.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Jeff. You saw that too huh! Haha. Yeah. I was trying to edit it as fast as I could but it's hard doing it on my iPhone while sunbathing by the pool.

4My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:54 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Great report! Thanks for the inspiration!

I haven't fished the Sierras in many years but now that I'm back into fishing, they are definitely on my "to do" list! I love that area and have many fond memories of trout fishing there with my dad.

You mentioned the water was cold, which is what I would expect. I'm guessing thermal underwear under waders is the way to go?

5My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:59 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hi Ornery Bob,
Yeah. Layer up a lil bit under the Waders or at least double the socks.
Wished I was up there longer than just a weekend.
My sister and her Fam are there now and spent 5 hours shore fishing for nothing other than seeing a deer up close and personal.

6My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 pm

tridao84

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Absolutely gorgeous looking place!

7My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:24 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

nice report! I have been itching to hit the sierras but something is always popping up. I think I need to just ignore some things and pull that trigger.

8My "it's been a while" post Empty Re: My "it's been a while" post Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:55 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That's right Chris. Just pack up the truck and start the drive. However tired you are and however long the "to-do list" is, it'll all pan out at the end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum