FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by Troutbum Today at 9:42 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:03 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by KogaHead Sun May 12, 2024 12:58 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

newbe from Colorado Springs, CO

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Empty newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:32 pm

dbrown5042

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi all,

Just starting to think about tubing and found this forum which contains an incredible amount of information, knowledge, tips, humor, and probably even a little BS occasionally thrown in.  I'm leaning towards a Cumberland tube and am glad to see that a lot of folks have one and feel it is a winner.  I'm currently doing some warm water fishing from shore, and from January thru March do wade fishing in the Laguna Madre Bay in South Padre Island, TX.  Have thought that a tube would be a natural in the bay, but worry about the oyster shells.  Would hate to end up with a punctured tube.

Looking forward to learning a lot about float tube fishing from all you members.

Darryl B.

2newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Empty Re: newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Darrow B.
I have Cumberland and believe for the price it cannot be beat. I don't know anything about oyster shells so I can leave that to someone else.

3newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Empty Re: newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:56 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dbrown5042 welcome sir glad you found us. We do have a lot to share, and you are right the BS can flow freely from time to time.

I also have the Cumberland and it is a great long lasting tube. You cannot go wrong with it. Also there is a new company launching this month called. Seven Bass Design USA. The are a company in busniss in France for many years with some really cool ideas. You might want to check them out as well. You can fins them on facebook for now at the above title.

Here is my current tubes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sent from Topic'it App

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Empty Re: newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:38 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Welcome, Darryl!

Have thought that a tube would be a natural in the bay, but worry about the oyster shells. Would hate to end up with a punctured tube.

The Cumberland has a vinyl covered bottom and it also features two separate air bladders, so loss of one isn't going to sink you. If there's really no avoiding the oysters, you could add a layer of something like FlexSeal or FlexTape to vulnerable areas and beef it up as needed, but the tube as it comes from the factory will more than likely be fine.

I found this forum before I got my tube and it helped me get started, so I definitely know where you're coming from in that regard and please feel free to ask any questions you have, everyone here loves to help!

As soon as I got in the water with my tube for the first time, I loved it. I can barely imagine fishing any other way now. It's just completely transformed how I look at fishing and frankly, it's become orders of magnitude more fun.

When you're on the tube, you're never waiting for some action. You're always on the move, looking for fish, looking to create the action, not waiting for it to come to you. That more active role alone makes the time you spend fishing more interesting.

I hope you're able to get on the water soon! Looking forward to your catch reports Thumbs Up

5newbe from Colorado Springs, CO Empty Thanks from Newbe Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:17 am

dbrown5042

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks Jeffcpr and Ornery Bob and any others I missed for the welcoming messages. In looking over the forum I can already see how informative and helpful it will be. Looking forward to tapping all the experience and knowledge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum