FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by Ogurr38 Today at 4:42 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi there from the SF Bay Area

+2
jeffcpr
A-Rod
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Hi there from the SF Bay Area Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:25 pm

A-Rod

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey Float Tubers,

Just a quick introduction. I'm so new to float tubing that my very first FT has not yet shipped from Amazon. After a little research here and elsewhere, I went with a Cumberland.

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay) and look forward to float tube fishing all the local lakes, the bay, delta, and everywhere else with my new toy. I hope to learn from, share with, and educate others on this site.

BTW, I'm not a fan of the Yankees or Alex Rodriguez. My first name is 'Rod,' hence the username 'A-Rod.' Hope to see any of you on the water.

A-Rod

2Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey A-Rod welcome to the darkside you are going to love this sport. Feel free to check out the site and ask any questions you have. We will help out how ever we can and we look forward to your reports in time.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome aboard Sir!

Hey A-Rod,
I look forward to; learning your area thru, your shared fishing reports w/ pic's. Thumbs Up
Do you have the opportunity to FT fish after Stripped Bass?

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:33 am

A-Rod

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi SP Dan,
I’m fairly new to striper fishing. I’ve dunked bait on the Delta from a boat and the shore and landed a few keepers, but mostly shakers.
If I could find somewhere with some slow moving water I plan to target more stripers (careful, autocorrect wants to insert ‘strippers’, lol) from my tube, even venturing into some fly fishing for the first time. Any suggestions for fishing stripers would be greatly appreciated.

5Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:26 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum A-Rod!

I am pretty certain you will be happy with the Cumberland. It is a best value on the dollars spent for sure. I hope to see some reports from the East Bay soon.

6Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:20 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard A-Rod........u can't go wrong for a first with the Cumbie..........hope to see pics and reports from the bay.........GT

7Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:13 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard! I used to live in sf so I am very familiar with the areas. If you want to try for legal stripers, I suggest go further towards whiskey slough. Beware of speed boaters though. Franks tract and disco bay are also areas, but very be careful of wind/tides.
If you are banking it, I say Clifton court forebay is pretty good. Got into some real good topwater bites. If you want bass lakes, I got suggestions as well. Being located in the eastbay, you got good choices such as Lafayette and del valle. Los vaqueros is awesome, but no body contact so try to rent a boat. You also have endless opportunities in the duct as well. Whatever it is, ask us! We are all here to help.

8Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:36 pm

A-Rod

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you all for the warm welcomes!

I'm stoked! My 'Cumbie' should arrive tomorrow, and I'll start over the weekend on a few mods that I've been thinking about for several days now. I'll share them if they turn out as good as I think they will be. Lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: Thanks for the striper tips and locations. I'm gonna try really hard to avoid those areas with high speed boater traffic. Do you have suggestions specific to Float Tubing for stripers as well? I work near Lafayette Reservoir and live near Lake Del Valle (San Ramon). Los Vaqueros gets too windy at times. My fishing hangout as a kid was Lake Chabot in San Leandro. Can't wait to hit all of those spots again, but this time on my Cumbie.  Cool  

BTW, since FTs are technically fishing vessels of sort, do any of you name your FT? If boaters and kayakers can name their vessels, why not FTubers. Razz

A-Rod

9Hi there from the SF Bay Area Empty Re: Hi there from the SF Bay Area Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The tricky part about the delta is avoiding the boaters. They seem to be everywhere at times. I suggest disco bay, bethel island/franks tract and big break in that order. Frank's has a lot of boaters, but if you stick to the inside along the break wall and the island , you should be fine since it's a 5mph zone. Big break has the size of fish, but dicey when the wind picking up, look into an anchor too. Disco bay is consistent, work the mouth near the park. I'm not sure of shore access though, been a while, but I hear they are really limiting where you can park all over the delta.
Closer though, del valle has stripers. Trout season brings the larger ones up to feed. Lafayette is a great place. Good trout action, small and perfect to get use to your tube.
My personal favorite is arroyo del valle behind shadow cliffs. A lot of bass there and a tubers paradise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum