FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Member From the Bay Area, CA

+6
Casting Call
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
fishinelectrician
dosomedirt
Dex
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:53 am

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hello guys. I'm in the process of getting into float fishing for the first time and I'd like some of your opinions.

I can't decide on what tube to buy. I have it narrowed down between 2 tubes, the Fish Cat 4 and the Cumberland.
If anyone has expireance with these tubes I'd like to hear your pros and cons of each. I'd like to decide on a tube soon so I know what tube to ask "Santa" for.

Thanks in advance for all your input, and I cant wait to get out on the waters.

Dex

2New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:30 am

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the forum you've found the right place for info and opinions on what works for almost all bodies of water. I personally have the Cumberland tube and to be honest I have no complaints about it at all. I can fish for about 8 hrs with no discomfort except for the occasional restroom break still haven't figured out that situation.

3New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Welcome Dex ,

If you do a search on the forums you will see many reviews on both those tubes and even comparisons . You will find that there is a Mini Army here of Cumberland owners as they offer a lot of room and fit the larger guys very well .

Wes

4New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 am

fishinelectrician

fishinelectrician
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

yaaaaaaaaay areeeeeeaaaaaa!

Welcome to the board bro. Im new here myself but these guys make u feel like youve been here for decades. Hope u find the help u seek and gain knowledge u didnt have before on this great sport we all share a passion for.

what part of the Bay u from? and more importantly u arent a giants fan are u??? Lol just kiddin bro. Take it easy and welcome once more

5New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome Dex I sport the Cumberland and no complains here at all, well one complaint I don't fish as much as I should but thats my issue, welcome

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:57 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Hey Dex! Welcome sir!!! lots of cool peeps and knowledge here, youll find your answers, enjoy your stay!!!!

and i rock the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe u can see it in my avatar....wouldnt change it for anything....oh and its my favorite color so couldnt go wrong with my buy!

Wes little by little the Outcast army will grow!! Twisted Evil

Tony G

7New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:58 am

Casting Call

Casting Call
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome Dex, I grew up in the East Bay, Union City. And worked at the Fishing Dept at Tri-City Sporting Goods before they closed.

My stomping grounds was San Pablo Reservior and Del Valle (where I caught my pb trout). I cant help you much with a float tube, as I dont have one. Just get a toon! lol

8New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Dex, two great choices!

I think the FC 4 is better built and better looking than the Cumberland as I really like the PVC on the ends. The Cumberland is a little bigger in size and storage area than the FC 4. I weigh 200 pounds even and the Cumberland floats me great, but if you weigh 175 or less the FC 4 will float you as well.  End the end I chose the the Cumberland because I got such a great deal from Cover Bonanza, it was  $185 then.

If I weighed 170 pounds, and price was not an issue, I would buy a FC 4 and scale down the amount of crap I bring. If price was not an issue I would buy the Fat Cat truthfully.

I will add that the customer service from Classic Accessories is second to no one.
Check this out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

9New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty welcome Dex Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:29 pm

billadk

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Welcome Dex to the forum. I notced you are in fermont we are starting a norcal chapter up here to do some fishing together. Do you want to bass fish with your tube when you get it? I am going to be the contact up here so if you would like pm and I can give some more info

10New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 pm

billadk

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dex you can also check out the ftff chapter decussions for the norcal chapter info the post is calling all nocal float tubers

11New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks so much for the warm welcomes everyone. I'm looking forward to getting my tube real soon.
"Santa", AKA the wife, has been given all the details on what to purchase for christmas. Im going with the Cumberland.
Seems like it's a big hit with many members on here.

Billadk, Yes I am interested.... Ill send you a pm for more info.

12New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:11 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Welcome to the forum Dex, well as for myself I own a OUTCAST SUPER FAT CAT Cadillac of float tubes. In my opinion comfort is priority with its weight capacity. When I fish freshwater, I'm in my float tube up to 10 hours. There are many float tube companies out there, I suggest to look for these features ....

weight load capacity..
comfort..
storage bags..
cup holders..
thickness of float tube..

What ever float tube you decide to go with I wish you luck.

13New Member From the Bay Area, CA Empty Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome man, and i've used a cumberland and i have a odc420 i like it a lot holds me well and lots of space. but i come from a pontoon before floatube. so...in the long run i say go pontoon loloolol i own both both for different types of fishing. but i want a fish cat 4 deluxe son soooo bad but pricey

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum