FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lake Perris CA

+3
SP Dan
Jerdon
GT
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lake Perris CA Empty Lake Perris CA Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Has anyone fished Perris lately? Thinking about going tomorrow............GT

2Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I have not been on the water all year. Yuk, Yuk.
I may be able to get loose tomorrow, where were you thinking of launching from?

I have heard of trout caught near the boat launch but I have seen no reports of a trout plant.
The water level has been slowly rising each day for a month now.

3Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:43 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Boat launch most likely, kick my way to the island. It will be sometime after 0800' probably closer to 0900. I have a new bait caster that I want to tune in. Going to try my luck with Hookup Baits, 1/4 oz and 3/16 oz...........GT

4Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I've never fished Peris.

Who knows ..... maybe someday I receive an invite and an offer to show me how it's done on fresh water.

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

5Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

SP Dan wrote:I've never fished Peris.

Who knows ..... maybe someday I receive an invite and an offer to show me how it's done on fresh water.

SP Dan     <"))><

You missed nothing yesterday. We arrived to a light breeze that developed to a hefty wind. Skunks all around and a great workout to kick our self's home.

6Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I will second that..........it did get a little choppy bounce

7Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SPDan... Do you have any freshwater experience? Do you have any light Freshwater spinning outfits? 4 & 6 lb test line? I'll be out at Perris float tubing once the water there gets warmed up. I'd be glad to show you what I know and how I fish there.

8Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:13 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thanx Komori,

That offer makes the distance well worth it.

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

9Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm

bugger

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:

You missed nothing yesterday. We arrived to a light breeze that developed to a hefty wind. Skunks all around and a great workout to kick our self's home.

That sounds just like a regular day there for me. I actually tell people that I'm going kicking and not fishing so I don't feel so bad afterwords. lol!

How did the water level look?

I've just been checking online and it jumped up 2.2 feet in just the past week. You guys got your pictures yet? This may be the BIG fill:D

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:15 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Hey Bugger how are you?
Water level has been slowly rising since October or November. It looks like this is going to go till it fills.

Did you get this pic from the water? Lots of elevation changes and little rip raps right there.

11Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:04 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

All i am going to say is the water is coming in good and solid and it is not a rumor that the lake will be put to full pool , it is indeed a fact . remember that water has to come up 42 vertical feet , some places in the east end will be 51' at full pool Smile

1 hint most guys are fishing deep and it is a mistake , there are fish as shallow as 8' (Ned Rig ) all i will say and there are more then you think in this range . and yes trout have been being caught most reports and pictures are from the marina dock fisherman . nice pan size fish they are getting

Wes

12Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:05 am

bugger

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Jerdon wrote:Hey Bugger how are you?
Water level has been slowly rising since October or November. It looks like this is going to go till it fills.

Did you get this pic from the water? Lots of elevation changes and little rip raps right there.

I had to get out to take those. The road I'm standing on is just old lake bed but looks like a levee now since they excavated the other side.

You can see where I got out to take pics. The satellite image is from 10-2016 lake level 1547"
My tracks and pictures are from 12-2017  lake level 1555"
It was very tough getting out as all that shoreline is over grown and flooded. Lakes at 1558" now so it's even tougher to get out there. I just hope Google Earth updates their images before it fills so I don't have to walk out there a mark all that.

13Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bugger ,
your lucky my friend you where able to even get out  , I stepped foot on shore on that side last month  and was instantly approached by security that the area was Off Limits till water refilled ,  not mainly because fisherman will mark the area , but because people are already trying to vandalize the area and ruin strategic placements of rocks , concrete caves , other structure  by the biologist .

I will add that they have been also strategically placing a ton of brush again on main points .  we are going to see a ton of different species of fish moving around and i cannot wait again .

Also I will add it is is up for discussion again once the lake refills to put the limit on bass back too 12" and 5 fish which will be a very positive thing again for the lake . it will eliminate a ton of these smaller bass that are out competing these larger fish . Perris is over crowded with this size fish and the lake has had very successful spawns the last several years .

Get ready all you Perris regulars we are going to have an amazing season again and hopefully we will get back to the old fishery we used to have where catching 5-7# fish was very common and we where  considered a trophy bass fishery.

Tight lines all and see you on the water ,

Wes

14Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:03 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks Wes.....GT

15Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:55 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

GT wrote:Thanks Wes.....GT

No problem Robert  , in case you guys did not hear the lake has risen only 5' vertically so far and the full pool estimate is another 28'  so we have a ways to go boys . so hopefully by summer / early fall we will see full pool .

On a plus note if you did not hear like i stated earlier the magic number is 8' of water on the weed lines for the bass right now and there actually moving into the new flooded brush right now . a 12 , 8 and numerous 4-5# bass have been caught this past week .  on plastics mainly

Tip :  water is cool  slow down , if you are fishing a drop shot , jig  , texas rig or "Ned Rig " like you would in warmer water stop . no bouncing it .. drag it and when I say drag it, i mean drag it  a few inches and stop .  all these techniques are working right now at perris you will get bite !  it may not be a 30 fish day right now , but heck any tug is worth it  Twisted Evil

Wes

16Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the heads up Wes............as the lake fills I'm kicking around the thought of buying a yak............GT

17Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:43 pm

rucker

rucker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

someone needs to get gps cords of all thosr rock piles

18Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:59 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

GT : yes I agree when the lake becomes full pool again kicking to the island is a chore and the buoy line people are forgetting is going to be moved , people will be able to boat race around the island . during the summer time when that buoy line is moved almost a no fly zone kicking to the island lol .. kayak will be ideal

Rucker : agreed they will be posted soon , already quite a few in the water and some of the cement caving they made is under water

But on another side note if the reports are true the work that is being done to the bernasconi side is going to be amazing they are making that parking lot , camping and picnic area hugely accessible to all people , will not be a chore to launch there . but getting me off the east end of the lake will be tough , especially if it turns on like it used to be .. it will become a year round fishery again on a tube

19Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:39 am

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Little Update for all Perris Guys like myself .. due to not enough rain over the last year the lake has shut off the flow of water and will re evaluate the water situation further into spring or early summer . we may take a few years to get to full pool .. hopefully not , but there is so much structure they placed still out of water .

20Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I just drove by the lake and it is up close to 3 feet since the 15th. The East end looks great for the bass spawn.

21Lake Perris CA Empty Re: Lake Perris CA Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:09 pm

rucker

rucker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

i watch the water level on this [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum