FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Possible live well
by jeffcpr Today at 8:05 am

» Let all of us remember the fallen this weekend!
by Jerdon Sun May 26, 2024 7:57 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay June 8th
by jeffcpr Sun May 26, 2024 1:39 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by BigMaxFloats Sun May 26, 2024 11:19 am

» Looking to do some hats
by BigMaxFloats Sun May 26, 2024 11:10 am

» Some good growth.
by Jerdon Mon May 20, 2024 12:47 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 am

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Let all of us remember the fallen this weekend!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in What the Heck is going on here?
( 2 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Classic Accessories Still Selling
( 2 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass

+2
Enrique
Ornery Bob
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I got in the water Thursday morning with the sunrise. I couldn't have asked for a nicer morning; no wind and glassy water the whole time.

The bite shut off after high tide, but I caught a dozen fish and it was fun!

I'm trying to make more "how to" videos, so I decided to make this video about the techniques I'm using.

I'm not doing anything new or different, but I get questions from new fishermen and I'm happy to explain the strategies I use to catch fish.

Happy Fishing! Very Happy

2Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Awesome work Ornery Bob! I've watched all you're videos and find them very informative!

Sent from Topic'it App

3Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 pm

Wonka Weeyaga

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice video Bob. Is it generally during a high tide when you find them venturing into the channels and away from the docks?

4Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:42 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Another nice video Bob...........I will be fishing the flats, Anaheim Bay and the Los Patos Bridge Thursday. Will be launching from the boat launch at the end of Edingger street, Hunt. Harbor at 0530. Join me..............GT

5Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:13 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice video Bob.
Maybe a close up of the rigs you are using as well.

Thanks for sharing.

6Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Wonka Weeyaga wrote:Nice video Bob. Is it generally during a high tide when you find them venturing into the channels and away from the docks?

Not really. In fact, high tide tends to push fish shallower into spots not normally underwater. Honestly, I just always try everything and go with what seems to be working that day.

Maybe a close up of the rigs you are using as well.

Jerdon, thanks for the suggestion, an excellent idea and the perfect theme for my next video.

Last edited by Ornery Bob on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total

7Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:48 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

GT wrote:Another nice video Bob...........I will be fishing the flats, Anaheim Bay and the Los Patos Bridge Thursday. Will be launching from the boat launch at the end of Edingger street, Hunt. Harbor at 0530. Join me..............GT

Thursday the 22nd? I can do that! I know the boat ramp, no problem. Tide moving the right way for the bridge and back, but it looks like it's going to be an early bite. I'm in.

8Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:40 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

See you there Bob............GT

9Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Wonka Weeyaga wrote:Nice video Bob. Is it generally during a high tide when you find them venturing into the channels and away from the docks?

I'm not disagreeing with your well received words of experience ...

I'm just saying that I don't necessarily head to deeper water at HT ... because it's already deeper every where.

I've come to realize and have experience that at High tides I find that the predator fish tend to push the bait fish against the shore line more and hold them there while feeding, Halibut are especially notorious for this.

So, I prefer to fish the shoreline drop-offs and also deeper-back into the docks and the against concrete tidal retaining walls during the HT's.
There is still a lot of fish action going on back there in the structures in my personal experience.

I know that I don't have the same vast experience as others here on FTFF (only 140 sessions in 2017), so each time I go out for a session I attempt to fish the same AO's a bit differently than the previous sessions, expanding my skills and my abilities to be better at successfully hunting down and locating my targeted species.

So ... where ever it is that you choose to fish during the tidal swings ... I wish you all the success that Poseidon can possibly bring your way!
Tight lines!

Thanx for allowing me to piggy-back on your post Bob.

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

10Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Empty Re: Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 am

Wonka Weeyaga

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:

I'm not disagreeing with your well received words of experience ...

I'm just saying that I don't necessarily head to deeper water at HT ... because it's already deeper every where.

I've come to realize and have experience that at High tides I find that the predator fish tend to push the bait fish against the shore line more and hold them there while feeding, Halibut are especially notorious for this.

So, I prefer to fish the shoreline drop-offs and also deeper-back into the docks and the against concrete tidal retaining walls during the HT's.
There is still a lot of fish action going on back there in the structures in my personal experience.

I know that I don't have the same vast experience as others here on FTFF (only 140 sessions in 2017), so each time I go out for a session I attempt to fish the same AO's a bit differently than the previous sessions, expanding my skills and my abilities to be better at successfully hunting down and locating my targeted species.

So ... where ever it is that you choose to fish during the tidal swings ... I wish you all the success that Poseidon can possibly bring your way!
Tight lines!

Thanx for allowing me to piggy-back on your post Bob.

SP Dan     <"))><

I really appreciate everyone's insight.  I've only tubed the harbor twice, so I dont know jack Smile  Both times it's been during low tide, fishing both the channels and tight to the docks, and only finding them out in open waters.  All of my shore pounding  spots produce best during high tide, close in to shore and structure.  Pretty consistent with your observations.

Hope to see you out there some time and learn from your experience.  Tight lines!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum