FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

More freshwater reports!

+2
jeffcpr
Komori Jeff
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1More freshwater reports! Empty More freshwater reports! Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I guess that there are more members here that live closer to the ocean than the lakes. Seems like it used to be more freshwater float tubing reports in this forum section than what it has today. Some of us never 'tube the salt! But I guess there are people along the coast that don't float tube in our lakes also.

2More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:57 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

We need more members involved again. We always go through lulls this one has been longer then normal. Where are those freshwater reports everyone show us your trips.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:34 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Just a reminder There is going to be a fish derby On November 10th at lake Gregory. I will be heading up there and would love to get together with a few members to learn. It looks like the starting time is from 7 AM to 2 PM. and sorry, The fishing this year was mostly shore fishing and boat. The tube only touched fresh water 3 times this year. I only do fresh. I like my toes. Smile

4More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:09 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm super new to float tubing, but I'll fish anywhere salt or fresh. I'm 33 and float tubing is becoming a great idea for those of us my age that want to be on the water, but don't have space for a boat. So positive signs for the future. I will do my best to bring others like myself to the group!

Sent from Topic'it App

5More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:21 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Blackninja wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I'm super new to float tubing, but I'll fish anywhere salt or fresh. I'm 33 and float tubing is becoming a great idea for those of us my age that want to be on the water, but don't have space for a boat. So positive signs for the future. I will do my best to bring others like myself to the group!

Sent from Topic'it App

That is cool thanks very much we need some new blood here, we have great members looking to share info just need the new blood. Thumbs Up

6More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:43 pm

Did I accidentally join a vampire group?!?! Lol, jk

Sent from Topic'it App

7More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:52 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

LOL lol!

8More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:17 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

We've had a bunch of FW anglers posting-up a lot of FW fish in all of the past tournaments ...
come on people ... we know that you are still out there landing fish ... would you please share some of your sessions with us.

We would luv to hear from you! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

9More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Jeff ,
We are still out there at the local lakes and catching fish . The people really figuring out our local lakes and on the fish are being a bit quite atm and patterns we used in the past are coming back , as well as new patterns we never fished before have come alive and I can personally say I am having a blast this yr . I have caught so many LMB over the 5# mark it is crazy . I look forward to seeing some on the water soon and we will catch up Smile

10More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Cool good to hear hope to get back some time soon.

11More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes of fresh water FT Bass fishing.
There you have it  Shocked  ... SP Dan is openly asking for a mentor.

I went SM and LM Bass fishing for the first time just over 2 years ago at Big Bear Lake and I landed 5 SM and 1 LM that weighed 5 lb 13 oz with a worm on the D/S rig. But that was just luck!

If you'd be interested in sharing your knowledge ....  Thumbs Up
It's time for me to expand my ponds ...

SP Dan     <"))><

12More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:32 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

SP Dan wrote:I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes of fresh water FT Bass fishing.

I went SM and LM Bass fishing for the first time just over 2 years ago at Big Bear Lake and I landed 5 SM and 1 LM that weighed 5 lb 13 oz with a worm on the D/S rig. But that was just luck!

SP Dan     <"))><

Hey Dan,
If you are catching 20 to 40 fish in your back yard why would you want to travel for an hour or more to catch 2 or 4 fish?

Anyways if you want to explore Perris text me and we can find a time.

13More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A 5 lb 13 oz bass is huge for Big Bear! Sounds like we need to listen to you!

14More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hey Jeff , 3# gill pulled out of the east end today at Perris

15More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

3lb gill thats a monster i wish i could hook into those someday.

16More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:06 am

Misfitdog wrote:Hey Jeff , 3# gill pulled out of the east end today at Perris

That's had to be one fun fight! Nice job.

Sent from Topic'it App

17More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:21 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Komori wrote:A 5 lb 13 oz bass is huge for Big Bear!  Sounds like we need to listen to you!

You'd be better off listening to anyone else rather than me when it comes to FW Bass fishing!  Very Happy Ha ha!
Thanks anyways for the undeserved complement Komori!  Thumbs Up

I actually paid a Bass guide at the lake to show me what to use and how to locate structure that jumped out from the rest of the shoreline. I shared with him that I wanted to come back to these areas and fish them on my float tube and he took me to places that I could reach on my FT.
I landed the large BM Bass while I was fishing with the guide on his Bass boat and afterwards was able to land 3-4 SM Bass while FT fishing on my float tube.

So, I'm still extremely inexperienced at FW Bass fishing and I was also extremely lucky at it at the time when I did finally land a few Bass on my tube!

The moral of my experience: "It does pay to listen to those that have gained the experience and the knowledge of their ponds when they share it."

I'm still looking forward to expanding my ponds as well.

SP Dan     <"))><

18More freshwater reports! Empty Re: More freshwater reports! Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:39 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:
SP Dan wrote:I'm looking for someone to show me the ropes of fresh water FT Bass fishing.

SP Dan     <"))><

Hey Dan,
If you are catching 20 to 40 fish in your back yard why would you want to travel for an hour or more to catch 2 or 4 fish?

Anyways if you want to explore Perris text me and we can find a time.

Hi ya Jerdon,
Recently I've returned back to work; last week on Wed 9-26-18, and so now I can only fish on the weekends again and due to it's getting darker so much sooner these days, it definitely cuts down on my opportunities for any sun-downer sessions.
So, landing 2-10 fish of a different species in a different pond and to hook up with others that I've only met here on FTFF sounds invigorating to me! Thumbs Up So, why not!

Four out of the five voices that I hear in my head tell me to .... "go for it"!!!   lol!

SP Dan     <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum