FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Umbrella rig
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:49 pm

» Pre rigging stinger hooks
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:08 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:27 pm

» LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
by Troutbum Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:52 pm

» Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
by jeffcpr Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:02 pm

» LA Harbor 3/10/24 ghost town
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:54 pm

» Float tube Storage
by BigMaxFloats Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:50 pm

» The Pacific Coast Sport Fishing Show
by Jerdon Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:12 pm

» Lake Havasu Fishing
by Troutbum Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:12 pm

» These just showed up at home today
by jeffcpr Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:57 am

» An idea worth looking into
by jeffcpr Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:51 pm

» I think I am obsessed.
by Jerdon Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jmytuna in LA Harbor 3/12, 3/15
( 4 )

» Post by jeffcpr in Gathering at Puddingstone April 6th
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Stellar day today! 2/23/24
( 3 )

» Post by SteelersFan4Life in The FTFF Gathering Feb 17th
( 3 )

» Post by BobBfishin in Lake Havasu Fishing
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Empty Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

At the saltwater get together I was lucky enough to test drive the XPW-239. The first thing I noticed was the size, this thing is nearly 8 feet tall and it is 4 feet wide. The material feels very tough compared to my Cumberland and the construction looks top notch. I am unfamiliar with the material used but it seems nearly bullet proof. I also noticed that once inflated it did not seem to shrink in the cool water or swell up sitting in the sun and it was rock solid at all times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jeff showed me how to carry it by standing inside and using the foot bar as a lever to balance it. I was surprised how light this thing is; it really felt like a big balloon. The advertised weight is 35 pounds but it felt lighter like 20 or 25 pounds. The kicker is the size; there is just no comfortable way to grasp this thing. With all the attachment points I am sure there is a way to rig a comfortable carry strap or sling.

Stepping into or getting out of the XPW_239 is a little awkward because of the enclosed shape. Sitting in this tube is just as comfortable as my Cumberland, it feels light on the water, and it floated my 200 pounds easily. I can see fishing 6 or more hours on the water with this machine.  Kicking the XPW-239 is very easy and it is the most stable tube I have been in. The seat is slung low, right at water level, so my butt would get wet, but not my knees or thighs. I believe the low seat height is what makes the XPW-239 so stable when kicking or rowing. As far as kicking I found it used no more energy than kicking around in my Cumberland. The size of the XPW-239 required some adjustment when I was moving around the docks, and under the piers, but the tube felt quite agile.  It will spin around just as easy, and possibly easier, than a much smaller tube. It seemed I could spin around the centerline as opposed to turning on a radius, this thing floats great. Also, the size makes this thing feel ultra stable and I really felt I was suspended below the center of gravity, so there is no feeling of being able to tip it over no matter how far you reach out to either side.

Rowing the XPW-239 is certainly faster than kicking but not in the same speed league as a kayak. I did notice I could fight the current in Newport Harbor better than the float tubes, but I was straining at the oars after a short time. I can see how rowing the XPW-239 could be advantageous in windy conditions and experienced the advantage in heavy current at Newport.

To summarize, the XPW-239 is a comfortable tube, it is a fantastic fishing platform, and exceptionally light feeling especially considering the size. The size of the tube makes it cumbersome to carry and that may just take some practice to figure out. The slightly awkward entry was forgotten as soon as I started kicking. The tube felt incredibly stable and solid for an inflatable toy. For me it would need a few tricks and accessories to make it an awesome fishing tube. In fact, I think with a little tweaking in the rod and tackle storage department this could be the ultimate fishing tube. The $700 price tag is a bit of an obstacle, but the bladderless design of the material makes this thing very light and tough.

2Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Empty Re: Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Maxxon XPW 239. Sometimes I think it is better to hear others thoughts on new products other than myself. Also, there were some good shots of the boat and a view from the boat which is the first I have seen. Thanks for asking to use it, guys just ask I have plenty of float tubes to test.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Empty Re: Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:52 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

That was a great trial run with well written review Jerdon! Thumbs Up

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Maxxon XPW 239,

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Empty Re: Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Big Jake

Big Jake
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Outstanding review. I like the concept of this boat. Looks super comfortable. You covered any questions I may have had on it. Thank you.

https://jkarasch75@gmail.com

5Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Empty Re: Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Big Jake wrote:Outstanding review. I like the concept of this boat. Looks super comfortable. You covered any questions I may have had on it. Thank you.

Cool glad I could help so you know I have one for sale here currently and can make a pretty good offer at 50% off. Just so you know we also have Seven Bass boats for sale shipped from the company.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Empty Re: Maxxon XPW-239 Test Drive Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:11 am

Big Jake

Big Jake
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I'll check em out.

https://jkarasch75@gmail.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum