FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by jeffcpr Today at 11:05 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10

+3
Enrique
GT
SP Dan
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:33 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Does anybody out there know if the metered parking at Cherry Beach; just off Shoreline Drive, will accept credit cards or do I need to bring a pocket full of quarters to fish Isle Grissom?

I have  never fished there and so this will be a new fishing grounds for me and I was  curious if anybody else would like to join me in exploring Isle Grissom?

SP Dan   <“))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:09 am

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What day you going to launch?...........GT

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

SP Dan, let me know the details. I would like to join you!

Sent from Topic'it App

SP Dan

SP Dan

GT wrote:What day you going to launch?...........GT

Saturday and Monday GT

SP Dan

SP Dan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I plan to be there by 5:30 AM and kicking away from the beach by 6:00AM.

The parking lot is open to the public 24 hrs, parking cost is $1 per hour and the meter starts counting at 8:00 AM.
The parking meters will accept credit cards.

The law says that you are allowed to be on the beach one hour before sunrise.
The meters don't turn on until 8:00 AM but you can pay in advance.
So ... if you plan to get out at noon, you pay $4 for 4-hours (from 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM) of parking, even if you're there at 6:00 AM.

I drive a white Toyota 4-Runner, my name is Dan.

OPEN INVITE

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:36 pm; edited 4 times in total

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Sounds like a plan Dan! See you then!

Sent from Topic'it App

SP Dan

SP Dan

All right ... we are a group of 3- float tubers so far ... any more takers out there! Thumbs Up
It's GT, Enrique and SP Dan ... so far ...

Here's your chance to fish-in-some new waters so ... come-on-out, meet your fellow tubers and join-in on the fun!  Very Happy

A TOAD Sandy 4+ lb landed Tuesday this week.

SP Dan     <"))><

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Would love to; but since I chose a (heavy) kayak over a float tube, I don't think I could make it across that stretch of sand.  Besides a 'yaker might pollute the water, eh?

Sadly, I gave my Watermaster rowable/kickable inflatable to my grandson in N. Cal. when I came out from Va, because I did not think it would be usable out here.  Who knew?  Great fast water river boat.   He sold it, since he has multiple boats, and a guy drove down to the Placerville area from Oregon to pick up the used boat.  Guess that tells you how valuable they are.  (BTW, it was very close to one featured on this site--I forget the name.)

Let me take the opportunity to say that I really enjoy the forum, and have learned quite a bit--not enough obviously.  For some reason I am stuck in the 4-6 Spotty slot; although I have 3 Octopus, and two Rays,  painted on the side of the boat.  Ornery Bob led me  here, and I appreciate that.

As we used to say when I was in the effete fly fishing community, "tight lines" guys.  If you see an Octogenarian in a grey camo pedal drive who seems to have two or three lines tangled, or has just thrown his HUB onto the deck of a multi-mil $$ yacht say "hi".

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK, guys, I am a very long shot but if I can make it I will be there. either way, I am interested to see how the day goes for you. I agree sounds like some new fishable water could be a good place for a forum meet up as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] glad you find the forum useful that is our goal educate as much as we can. As we grow we get better and better at it. Hope you find your way back to a tube in time, for now, the yak will serve you well I am sure.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:16 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

All right ... we are a group of 4- float tubers so far ... any more takers out there!
Don't miss out on your chance to fish-in-some new waters so ... come-on-out, meet your fellow tubers and join-in on the fun!
GT, Enrique, Jeff and SP Dan so far ...

Who will make it 5 ????

11Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:43 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Are the crazy tides gonna carry us off to Catalina or will we be shielded by the island?

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

12Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:28 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Are you in or out?

13Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:37 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is right King tides right be careful guys.

14Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:04 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Yes ... It's a good practice to always practice safety on every float tube session!
Thank you ... great advice Jeff! Thumbs Up

15Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:09 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I had responded twice and neither are showing, bummer. I must have "crashed" with others while posting. I can't make it that early but was thinking about going and meeting up with you guys and seeing if I can catch up with you on the water.

Sent from Topic'it App

16Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:41 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

We’ll keep an eye out for you Alakai.

17Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:39 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

The site must be automatically blocking all of your cuss words.

18Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:38 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

It's true, potty mouth confirmed

19Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:04 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Lol, I’ve been having much difficulty in trying to post replies with my iPhone X as well and I’m not even using cuss words.
I look forward to fishing with you tomorrow.

20Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Sorry Dan, we literally just crashed just now as I was posting this. Sorry to disappoint you but I spoke to my dad and need to head down to FV tomorrow before 2pm with my son.

Hey all, I have to make it a short session tomorrow, then combined with my late arrival and concern about the king tides I think it's best for me to bow out and just head over to the LAB again. Hope to meet up with you all some other time.

21Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:43 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Ended up not being able to go at all, kid is sick this morning. Bummer

Sent from Topic'it App

22Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:50 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Great time out with GT and SpDan. Was limited to 3 fish, but had this all time best sandy.

Last edited by Enrique on Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

23Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Enrique wrote:Great time out with GP and SpDan. Was limited to 3 fish, but had this all time best sandy.

Sent from Topic'it App

Dude that is a beast bro totally worth the time and effort right.

24Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:52 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

THAT'S a TOAD Enrique!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrat's on your new PB Sandy Sir! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

25Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Empty Re: Isle Grissom OPEN INVITE Sat 12-22-10 Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:57 pm

Enrique

Enrique
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks Jeff & Dan! Yes it was well worth it and a hell of a fight! Cant wait for the next session.

Sent from Topic'it App

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum