FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays

+4
ed5000x
kin
spottedbay_310
SP Dan
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:06 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Which harbors are closest to you spottedbay_310?
Are you an exclusive weekend fisherman?
Do you enjoy fishing at night when it’s dark?
Are you retired?

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:26 am

spottedbay_310

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I recently moved to San Pedro so Cabrillo area is the closest to me SP Dan. Yes I have a little one so I fish once she’s goes to bed and sometimes weekends when I get the okay from the boss. Lol I’ve never fished in the dark in a float tube. And no I’m not retired, I have a long way to go only 23 here.

3Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:17 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

spottedbay_310 wrote:I recently moved to San Pedro so Cabrillo area is the closest to me SP Dan. Yes I have a little one so I fish once she’s goes to bed and sometimes weekends when I get the okay from the boss. Lol I’ve never fished in the dark in a float tube. And no I’m not retired, I have a long way to go only 23 here.

I heard someone say night creeping? I too have two little ones and don't got the cajones to go out on the tube at night...shoreline is a different story. Maybe one day we should have a night event? Welcome back to the sport!!!

4Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:28 pm

spottedbay_310

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@ Kin yes night creeping, I hit 22nd Landing we should meet I hate having to always look over my shoulders from the times I go. I would go night fishing on a float tube with a few people idk about by myself though. Especially at night at Cabrillo maybe slip in & fish the docs at 22nd would be cool.

5Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:13 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Night tubing is at first a little creepy but after a bit it becomes relaxing and peaceful. you can not see as well at night but if you fish in a place where you are uses to its a lot better. I have fish the LAB, Huntington harbor, Mothers beach (order pizza at pch bridge and they delivered to the rocks lol). But i like fishing at night and having company is a big plus. The scary thing that happen was a seal popped up next to me and you know when you shine a light at a cat and the eyes glow, well so do sea turtles. one bumped my tube at night and yes i got spooked but it was cool after i realized what happen. so like i said it dose take getting uses too but back then that was the only time i had free.

6Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:09 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I don’t care to night fish neither because of my fishing style
but if you’d like to hook up with a local for a day session give me a shout.

7Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:26 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

spottedbay_310 wrote:@ Kin yes night creeping, I hit 22nd Landing we should meet I hate having to always look over my shoulders from the times I go. I would go night fishing on a float tube with a few people idk about by myself though. Especially at night at Cabrillo maybe slip in & fish the docs at 22nd would be cool.

The only way that I’ve found to fish that area is to park at the Cabrillo Beach boat launch ramp and to kick around the jetty and into the 22nd St. Marina.
Did you find a way into the marina that is closer than the boat launch at Cabrillo?
I have not fished all the way up to the 22nd St YC Clubhouse wall as of yet and still plan to.
It would have to definitely have to be a 0 - 4 mph wind day at Cabrillo.

Give me a shout for a session

8Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:00 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

after float tubing in LAB a few times during the day time, then float tubing it at night..I haven't even thought about going out in the day again, plan all my trips at night. peaceful, less people and boats, i catch more fish at night and bigger fish. parking much better. I have gone with people and gone by myself. Both were fun and I have no issues in the Bay at night by myself. plus i can slid into places at night that i cant during the day.

9Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:53 pm

spottedbay_310

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@ SP Dan, yes once I get my float tube I will give you a message for a local session that would be fun. The only quicker way I know of to fish 22nd marina would to turn on via Cabrillo marina and the first parking structure park there and would have to slip through the guard rails and walk your float tube down the rocks. Also would have to pack lightly. Can’t wait to get my float tube!

10Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:06 pm

spottedbay_310

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

@ Ed5000x yeah man idk if I do fish night time on a float tube it would at least have to be me and another person if anything came up next to me other then fish on my line I would probably crap my waders lol.

11Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK here are my answers.

Which harbors are closest to you spottedbay_310? (Huntington Harbor, and Newport Harbor

Are you an exclusive weekend fisherman?I am an exclusive once and a great while fishermen, oneof the reasons I created the forum to live vicariously through your outings LOL

Do you enjoy fishing at night when it’s dark? I have to say I miss fishing at night and I was one that fished with Ed when he ordered some pizza that was a pretty cool night. It can be kind of creepy but it in the long run it can be fun. One of my favorite nights was at HH on a Saturday night fishing near the night clubs and restaurants. The music and night life made for a great back ground for the night and the fishing was great as well

Are you retired? No I am not but my body sometimes thinks that we are retired Razz

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I float tube fish nights all the time in hh And lab. I prefer it.

13Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:27 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

spottedbay_310 wrote:@ Ed5000x yeah man idk if I do fish night time on a float tube it would at least have to be me and another person if anything came up next to me other then fish on my line I would probably crap my waders lol.

Well maybe we should do s night run for a group so no one is a lone I am down for a night session

14Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:23 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sounds like a good idea we should plan it.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

15Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:33 pm

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fishing at night is fun, it can be a little creepy at first but it is all mental. Fishing mostly LAB the night boat traffic is better. It makes it easier to cross the channel and fish in open water. Plus the night bite is fun.

16Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:32 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:
spottedbay_310 wrote:@ Ed5000x yeah man idk if I do fish night time on a float tube it would at least have to be me and another person if anything came up next to me other then fish on my line I would probably crap my waders lol.

Well maybe we should do s night run for a group so no one is a lone I am down for a night session

Anytime. I'll likely be hitting it tomorrow night.

17Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:32 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Are you hitting-up the LAB tonight David?

18Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:50 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Floatingbassturd wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

Sorry i just saw your post Crying or Very sad

19Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:47 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

ed5000x wrote:
Floatingbassturd wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

Sorry!Very Happy .... I’m still stuck on ... lol
“ if anything came up next to me other then fish on my line I would probably crap my waders lol”. lol.

20Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
Floatingbassturd wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

“ if anything came up next to me other then fish on my line I would probably crap my waders lol”. lol.

So tonight is the night you want to go out

21Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:31 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

ed5000x wrote:
SP Dan wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
Floatingbassturd wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

Last night though slow wasn't too bad. What'd you end up with ed? I had 4 in the couple hours out there and missed/lost 4 others. That's not bad the way bite has been lately.

22Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:32 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Floatingbassturd wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
SP Dan wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
Floatingbassturd wrote:
ed5000x wrote:

Last night though slow wasn't too bad. What'd you end up with ed? I had 4 in the couple hours out there and missed/lost 4 others. That's not bad the way bite has been lately.
Yes was a great time and company.
I got 2 and i was good to get out there. cant wait for the next night session

23Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:09 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I have been recording all of my catchers and all of my sessions in a book since 2011.

A local fishing buddy just landed a 42” halibut three weeks ago here in LAH on his float tube during the daytime.

I have caught 36” & 37” Halibut (5 legal Hali’s last year) during the daylight and I have landed all my PB’s during the daytime and I have had a sessions with up to 50 fish during the morning hours. Never at night for me.

I could never say this about fishing at night is better. Fishing at night is not better, it’s just fishing at night in the dark ... and that’s it.

I have never had a night session that has ever remotely come close to what I can do during the early morning session hours.

I think that the topic “Night Fishing Is Better”! is “BS”!

Proving with pictures of their nighttime catches over people proving with photos of their daytime catches to see which shift is truly a better fishing shift.

24Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:07 am

f4mnect

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Just speaking about my limited 3 month run in a float tube, I have caught more fish at night and my biggest fish. Day time maybe better, I don't mind fishing in the day time, but fishing at night a lot more peaceful for myself. Plus after having skin cancer cut out of my face 5 times, night time a little safer for my white ass lol. Spring and summer coming, let's fish dan, I have no issue with u changing my mind. Sunday morning was fun

25Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Empty Re: Night Creeping the Saltwater Bays Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:37 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Cancer ....
Well then ...
May you have many large fish count and PB nights ahead of you! Thumbs Up

Got it. Yup ... they filleted me open and gave me a bunch of Frankenstein stitches on my chest last year as well, in order to remove the Squamish Cell cancer I had ... and believe me, I cover up now!

lol ok .... I’ll send pic’s of large fish and PB’s as they arrive during the gray light morning sessions. lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum