FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Caddis Sports Inc. Platinum Elite Hybrid Float Tube

+6
TobyB
GT
Jerdon
SP Dan
ed5000x
jeffcpr
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I just wanted to post this up and see what everyone thinks. Listed at $480 the Platinum Elite by Caddis Sports Inc. is pretty well priced. Here is what they have to say about there float tube.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Elite features unsurpassed welded PVC bladderless construction. This versatile tube features full rotation locking oars, allowing the angler the option to row or use conventional wading fins, to discover their next favorite fishing spot. Designed with comfort in mind, this tube has a inflatable drop stitch seat and plenty of storage for all your gear with two removable front pockets and rear storage space. Convenient carry handles for easy transport makes this tube a must have!

So has anyone had any experience with this tube and what do you think. Or is anyone out there thinking about maybe purchasing this Hybrid float tube just wondering.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice

SP Dan

SP Dan

Thank you for sharing this Jeff! Thumbs Up

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I don't see a lot of details on this. Are those the air inlet valves on the front?

SP Dan

SP Dan

After reading Jerdon’s question, I had immediately zoomed in on the front of the bladders and those absolutely look like Boston Valves on the ends of the air bladders. Huh?!

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Jerdon wrote:I don't see a lot of details on this. Are those the air inlet  valves on the front?

SP Dan wrote:After reading Jerdon’s question, I had immediately zoomed in on the front of the bladders and those absolutely look like Boston Valves on the ends of the air bladders. Huh?!

Yes guys those are the air valves in the front. There are tubes out there that are similar. I don't have much info on these yet as well. I only know of one or 2 people using them and so far they are happy not blown away but happy with them.

SP Dan

SP Dan

Still, a nice looking tube! Thumbs Up

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice tube, would not work for me, I like to stand up my tube on it's ends when packing it in or cleaning it. Valves on the ends, I'd break"m.............GT

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It looks like caddis is stepping up their game. Their bladderless tubes look nice. THey also make a flat one like hte Maxxon 240 and the flatform from sevenbass. I have always had good luck with caddis tubes. It woiuld be cool if they could put on a tryout for the forum.

Elee

FTFF Gathering Officer

My son is using the Caddis Platinum Elite tube. Although he loves it and prefer it over his old Savage Gear High Rider 150, I feel it lacks some quality features when compared to the Savage Gear tube.

Elee

FTFF Gathering Officer

twogap

FTFF Gathering Officer

Just picked this tube up from REI. I like it so far. I'll probably ditch the oars, but it feels solid.

mac_2_nite likes this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hey twogap welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Keep sharing others will want to know more I am sure of it.

AZ59apacheguy

FTFF Gathering Officer

First Post! LOL
I just bought one of these as well. I have had MANY float tubes over the years and this is by far my favorite. I sold my Caddis Inspire to get this one and have zero regrets. I sit up WAY higher in the inflatable seat opposed to the Inspire and move through the water faster. The only thing I do not like is how the front of the bladders Moved in and constricted my leg movement when sitting down. I have since fabricated “ stoppers “ on the stabilizer bar so it no longer does this. If I can figure out how to post pics, I’ll show what I did.

mac_2_nite likes this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

AZ59apacheguy wrote:First Post! LOL
I just bought one of these as well. I have had MANY float tubes over the years and this is by far my favorite. I sold my Caddis Inspire to get this one and have zero regrets. I sit up WAY higher in the inflatable seat opposed to the Inspire and move through the water faster. The only thing I do not like is how the front of the bladders Moved in and constricted my leg movement when sitting down. I have since fabricated “ stoppers “ on the stabilizer bar so it no longer does this. If I can figure out how to post pics, I’ll show what I did.

welcome to the forum and we would really like to see the stoppers you put on your Caddis. Thanks very much for sharing.

AZ59apacheguy

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
I think I have figured out how to post pics. I’ll blow up the tube this weekend and post some pics

jeffcpr and mac_2_nite like this post

AZ59apacheguy

FTFF Gathering Officer

jeffcpr wrote:

welcome to the forum and we would really like to see the stoppers you put on your Caddis.  Thanks very much for sharing.

Here ya go. I bought some shower curtain sockets from Amazon. I did have to remove some of the metal on inner portion of the socket so it fit smoothly around the stabilizer bar. Fit and finish could be better, but it is functional.

jeffcpr likes this post

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

AZ59apacheguy wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:

welcome to the forum and we would really like to see the stoppers you put on your Caddis.  Thanks very much for sharing.

Here ya go. I bought some shower curtain sockets from Amazon. I did have to remove some of the metal on inner portion of the socket so it fit smoothly around the stabilizer bar. Fit and finish could be better, but it is functional.

Hey that is great very well done and thanks so much for sharing.

AZ59apacheguy

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the kind words!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for sharing your modification ideas with us.

AZ59apacheguy

21Caddis Sports Inc. Platinum Elite Hybrid Float Tube  Empty Help about Caddis Platinum Elite Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:53 am

DaveN

FTFF Gathering Officer

I just joined the Forum and just purchased this float tube. I was hoping some of you can answer some questions about the tube.
1) How in the heck do you put the stabilizer bar and oars in those rubber “hooks”?
2) The male part of the buckle for adjusting the seat back does not securely grab the web strap and the seat back simply reclines. Anyone had that problem? If so, how did you fix it.
3) I have a dual action hand pump from my previous tubes, but the nozzles on the pump can’t be used on the Elite. Does anyone know if I can just buy the nozzle for the Elite?
4) Does anyone know if Caddis has anyone in Customer Support? They certainly aren’t responding to my issues.

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

DaveN wrote:I just joined the Forum and just purchased this float tube.  I was hoping some of you can answer some questions about the tube.
1) How in the heck do you put the stabilizer bar and oars in those rubber “hooks”?
2) The male part of the buckle for adjusting the seat back does not securely grab the web strap and the seat back simply reclines.  Anyone had that problem?  If so, how did you fix it.
3) I have a dual action hand pump from my previous tubes, but the nozzles on the pump can’t be used on the Elite.  Does anyone know if I can just buy the nozzle for the Elite?
4) Does anyone know if Caddis has anyone in Customer Support?  They certainly aren’t responding to my issues.

OK I will try to help out I don't own or have seen the Elite by Caddis.
1) The stabilizer bar can be a pain I had this on the Seven Bass Tubes and they proved to be tough.  Let's see if I can explain it.  You need to spin it in to the locks make sure you set it on top on the keepers and then with a hand motion twist the bar into the keepers. To push down will not work and takes the hooks on top and pushes them down, so roll the hooks up and over with the twisting motion.
2) That is not good, you could simply replace the buckles they are pretty cheap just need to find the right size.  (Caddis should be willing to help with this.)
3) This looks like a Summit Valve with requires a special lock fitting to allow you to fill the tube.  You can purchase adapters on Amazon or you can all purchase a NRS 2HP Pump.  Which I feel is a great pump. (pictures attached below)
4) As I mentioned above Caddis should handle these issues.  They were sponsors on or site for a year but never followed through with promises.  They were always slow to respond to questions and in the end I was personally not happy with the company.  That should not take away from there product and there older tubes are good products it has just been my experience with dealing with Caddis.

Here is a picture of the tube to see if anyone else has some ideas for you.

Here is the NRS Pump and fittings.

DaveN

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the info.

jeffcpr likes this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]