FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New to the forum☺

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New to the forum☺ Empty New to the forum☺ Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:37 pm

therocktm2001

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hi all, my name is Terry and i hope all is well and thx for excepting me to this forum. I'm new to float tubing and live in Alberta Canada. I just bought a Fishcat 4 and love it. What are some recommendations on how to store them after use? Is there a good carry bag for when I travel from home to the lake? lastly how or what is a good wad to maintaining it? Thx for all that you guys do and I look forward to going through all the past for the knowledge you all share.

SP Dan and f4mnect like this post

2New to the forum☺ Empty Re: New to the forum☺ Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome to the darkside. So lets start here I leave my float tube inflated year round. Just make sure you don't leave it completely inflated as it will fill in hot weather. If you have to deflate to store it I say its a good idea to reinflate it once a month. The reason if it sits folded for to long creases cam develope in the bladders and those will be potential weak spot to cause leaks. This is my 2 cents I will try to cover the rest soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3New to the forum☺ Empty Re: New to the forum☺ Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:23 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum therocktm2001.

I too leave my tube partially inflated. I like to have it ready to go as possible and if I have developed a leak I can see the tube loosing air on the shelf.

4New to the forum☺ Empty Re: New to the forum☺ Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Great questions and welcome aboard therocktm2001!  Thumbs Up

I also; like Jerdon and others, keep my float tubes inflated or mostly inflated; year round, probably a little bit more inflated than most.

I keep my tubes stored on my garage floor; leaning against my cabinets, and during the hotter late summer months, I’ll store them laying flat on the garage floor where it’s the coolest.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

While storing inflated in garage, when (not if) the bladder skins get tight with hot expanded air, always check your tube when the weather is warm, release the expanded hot air out thru your valves to where you can push inward on the bladders skins approx 1 1/2” or more. “Personal preference.”

I have heard in the past where zippers have failed due to the excessive air pressure built up inside of air bladders.
This has never happened to me.

I leave my float tubes inflated because I can just stuff one of my tubes into the back of my forerunner and I’m on my way fishing, anytime.

So whether you leave your float tube inflated or whether you choose to deflate it each time because of your situation ... whatever you decide to do ... it will work out just fine.

Tip [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... Rinse off your gear and zippers with fresh water each time and allow your tube to drain and dry out completely in the shade before you deflate it for storage.

Tip [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ... Spread Chapstick; or zipper lubricant, on all zippers to keep them lubricated and moving freely.
I fish 99% of the time in salt water and the salt water is extremely tough on all of my gear including the zippers and the bladder skins on my tubes.

I look forward to reading many fish reports from you in the near future.  Thumbs Up

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum