FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:47 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Los Alamitos Bay (LAB) Sat 7-25-2020. (Session [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.])

I always like to take a few minutes before each session starts ... to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks to HIM!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
For having received the blessing of good health and for this opportunity to be here today ... to be able to enjoy the water, with all of it's abundance and to take-in the breath taking sunrise (when not overcast) of each new session .... amen!

Duration: 06:00 hrs until 10:00 hrs (4 hrs)
Sun Rise: 05:59 hrs
Sun Set: 19:57 hrs, the hours of light are becoming shorter and shorter each day heading towards Fall.
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent, 5 nights after the New Moon phase.
Gray Light: approx 06:00 hrs
Tidal Conditions: 05:30 hrs 1.3 ft, 06:30 hrs 0.5 ft, 07:38 hrs LT 0.2 ft, 08:30 hrs 0.4 ft, 09:30 hrs 1.1 ft, 10:30 hrs 2.0 ft, ... etc.
Air temperatures during session: Overcast and or cloudy with patches of blue poking thru at approx 09:00 hrs with a gentle breeze, with temps ranging from 60 deg to 69 deg.
Water temperatures: 66 deg at the water's surface.
The Actual Winds: 06:00 hrs 1 mph SW, 10:00 hrs 2-3 mph SSW.
Water clarity: dark and translucent green (no sunshine this morn).
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: none to report.
Water Visibility: 4 ft-6 ft in deep open water
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 77 in the morning, this is slightly higher average and considered a stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Major Period from: 03:38 hrs until 06:38 hrs.
(2 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: (0) none to report
Dolphin: (0) none to report
Sharks: (0) none to report
Whales: (0) none to report
Sea Turtles: (0) none to report
Pelagic Bird Activity: none diving Pelican's to report
Bait Presence: HUGE amounts bait presence with predator fish chasing them and making them jump out of the water during the chase!
Distance kicked: 1.50 miles

Calories Burnt: 462 calories, if were walking fast.
Personal Attire: board shorts
Fish-Finder used: Deeper Pro +, not used today
Model of Float Tube: Cumberland with DIY rod rack and hard-top lap-tray.
Type of fins used: Force Fins (original float tube fins) with fin-leash's.
Wader Skins: I wear Wader Skins- Leggings, but not worn today.
Tackle Used:
For casting: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver & White Shad colored HUB's,
For Drop Shot: Gulp 4" Watermelon Minnow pinned on a Owner Mosquito 3/0 Hook w/ a 12" tag line down to the 1oz finesse weight.  

SP Dan's fish count this morning: 2-fish, 3-species and just 1-legal to report today.

(1) legal Spotty 15" (my SKUNK-BUSTER) was landed on the Green Sardine HUB using the Diawa J-Fluoro Leader line.

(1) Yellow Fin Croaker 13 1/4" was landed on the Gulp 4" Watermelon Minnow D/S using Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon leader line.

(1) Bat Ray approx a 28" wing span; weighing approx 14-lbs per the Chart, was landed on the Gulp 4" Watermelon Minnow D/S using Seaguar InvizX Fluorocarbon leader line ... and I was able to remove the 3/0 hook from it's front shoulder of it's wing

Note: All legals (if any) are shown and just one pic of each species landed if short and all fish are quickly CPR'd (ASAP).
PLEASE .... remember to be respectful to the boat owners and their property.
PLEASE ... remember to leave it cleaner than you found it!
So please ... grab a BIG hand-full and Pitch-In!!
It makes me feel good to know that I helped my fishery this much more today!

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!

ADDED:
The leader line comparison test is on pause for now due to equip failure. The ceramic ring inside the rod-tip eye broke and fell out.

Other than the equipment failure this AM, the J-Fluoro Leader line is functioning equally with the Seaguar InvizX leader line.
Strong and still super sensitive to the bump!

Tight lines everyone!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice morning in the overcast. I like the bat ray, they always seem so happy to meet you when you reel them in. Maybe next time you can get a pic of him on your lap tray. green happy

Thanks for sharing.

3Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:52 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Nice morning in the overcast. I like the bat ray, they always seem so happy to meet you when you reel them in. Maybe next time you can get a pic of him on your lap tray. green happy

Thanks for sharing.

A Mud Marlin on my lap tray will never happen Jerdon! lol
I don’t care to deal with their business end and I wouldn’t recommend that anybody else ever tries it neither. lol

It took forever to wear it out, it probably took close to 10 or 15 minutes for me to land it (controlled it at my knees in the water) because it kept making power these runs and I was lucky just to get it back next to me long enough to grab (which, I missed at least 6-times!) and yank the mangled 3/0 hook from out of it’s front shoulder wing.
They are extremely strong!

Thanks for checking up my fish report.

Last edited by SP Dan on Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total

4Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:18 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

What dumb luck!
So I’m in my garage today and I’m freshening up all of my gear and exchanging the rod that had the metal insert ring inside the rod tip eye ... missing.     I FOUND IT!     Yahoo!!

It had slipped all the way down my line and all the way through the body of my HUB and it ended up over the tie-eye of the HUB!    No way!

I couldn’t get it to slide back over the HUB tie-eye, so I sacrificed a HUB leadhead for my 6’ Shooter fishing rod.
YES I DID!

Couple of drops of superglue and I snapped (fit) the metal insert eyelet ring back into its tippet position, after I cleaned it up with an X-Acto knife; after it had dried, and it is looking great and it’s as dood as new and ready for action once again!
WHAT LUCK ... eh?!
Thank you! 🙏

PS ... The Official “Leader Line Field Comparison Test” is now BACK ON folk’s!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan

5Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:16 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL! Way to find that eyelet and get it back on your rod Dan. I always get a good laugh when something quirky like that happens to myself or a friend! Strange how things turn out cheers

6Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:54 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

What a great fix!! Great skill/luck in finding the insert.
I love it when you can fix your gear with parts you already have.

7Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:48 am

steve-aka-fishy

steve-aka-fishy
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Looks like you had blast out there. Cool that you were able to find that eyelet also.

8Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:52 am

KrazyFish

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hey Dan,

Despite the great surface water temps for fishing, there is a mass of very cold water just 10 to 15 feet below.

The boat I work on has a transducer at both 10 feet and 15 feet deep. I’ve consistently been reading 57 degrees at 15 feet and 60 at 10 feet.

These temps may be slowing the bite down a little, but it is only temporary...

The good news is that the colder water will accelerate kelp forrest growth and possibly we will see an increase in anchovies and sardines in the local bays.

I predict a the fish will go in to a hyper-drive feeding mode very soon...

Check your gear and get ready to party!

9Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:17 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Hi ya KF,
... plus a lot more Calico Bass will show-up in the mix ... they luv the kelp!
The harbors where I'm fishing have all been packed full of 2"-3" bait balls. I can see  Shocked bait darting-away from my lure on most of my retrieves.
I also believe that he predator fish are gorging themselves on the bait fish as well.
I've been hooking up with a few Bonito lately! VERY STRONG FUN FISH!

I also agree 100% agree; with you, when you said the following:

"The good news is that the colder water will accelerate kelp forest growth and possibly we will see an increase in anchovies and sardines in the local bays.
I predict a the fish will go in to a hyper-drive feeding mode very soon..."

I appreciate you for your information on the thermal-layers and their varying temperature differences ... GOOD STUFF! Thumbs Up
Thank you!

SP Dan

10Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:18 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:What a great fix!! Great skill/luck in finding the insert.
I love it when you can fix your gear with parts you already have.

Hey Jerdon,

It is a blessing indeed! Thumbs Up

11Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:28 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

steve-aka-fishy wrote:Looks like you had blast out there. Cool that you were able to find that eyelet also.

Hi ya Steve,
It was definitely way cool indeed! Thumbs Up

After a few minutes, I had began to realize that the buttoned-on Bat ray wasn't too large for me to handle.

I had a blast wrestling it next to me; in the water for what seemed to be forever, with all of my GOOFED missed-grab attempts at it's (my) shouldered hook! king lol
I GOT IT BACK!

What a blast indeed!

12Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAB Sat 7-25-20 Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:40 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

david886720 wrote:LOL!  Way to find that eyelet and get it back on your rod Dan.  I always get a good laugh when something quirky like that happens to myself or a friend!  Strange how things turn out cheers

How ya doing these days 886720?
Thank you for your reply on my luck of finding the steel rod eye-let insert.

I couldn't put my finger on it right-away ... on why my line felt and sounded scratchy during the casts and then it was even louder and scratchier on each retrieval. Hmm!  
geek DUHH!! lol Ha ha ha!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum