FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:07 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

LAH, Thur 9-3-2020
07:00 hrs until 11:00 hrs (4-hrs)

I always like to take a few minutes before each session begins ... to calm my thoughts and to give thanks.
I am so very grateful for having received His blessings of good health and for this opportunity to be here today ... to be able to enjoy this water, with all of it's abundance and to take-in the sunrise of each new day.

SP Dan's fish count for today: (5) fish and a bonus!

(3) short Spotty’s, best 11 1/4"
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(1) short Calico, 8 1/4” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(1) bonus Octopus! It unbutton and released it’s self!
And my best fish of the day, a 15 1/4“ Bonita! I had to let it run and tire it’s self out before I dared to land on my lap tray! 🤪 They are the smallest member of the tuna family

Thanx for taking the time to check out today’s fish report.

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good lookin Bonita. Is that a hook up bait?

3Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:31 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That Octopus was not looking to get his picture taken LOL, it been along time since I caught one so now I am sure I will catch one on my next outing.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:08 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Nice morning out Dan.

Bonita are fun to catch and the octopi I wouldn't know about, but he did seem a little camara shy.

Thanks for sharing

5Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:46 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

JohnnyB wrote:Good lookin Bonita. Is that a hook up bait?

Yes, it is a 1/4oz replacement HUB bodies.
I save, clean up and reuse my used Owner jig heads.

They seem to hook everything out there! Thumbs Up

6Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:00 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

jeffcpr wrote:That Octopus was not looking to get his picture taken LOL, it been along time since I caught one so now I am sure I will catch one on my next outing.

Did you know, that the octopus does not share a gene pool with any other creature on this world? Interesting!!
What a Face IT’S AN ALIEN!!!!

I look forward to your octopus write up Jeff. Thumbs Up

PS ... I find that if I leave them just under the surface of the water;  they will 99% of the time will, unbuttoned themselves from the hook. They are that intelligent! Shocked

Thank you for chiming in on my octopus, I also caught some fish. Thumbs Up  My best fish of the day was the Bonita.

SP Dan

7Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:15 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Nice morning out Dan.

Bonita are fun to catch and the octopi I wouldn't know about, but he did seem a little camara shy.

Thanks for sharing

No .... the Octopus wasn’t being shy at all!
He kept firing his half-inch water cannon directly at me!
Magnificent creatures to witness whether in and or out of the water, they are amazing!

I can’t believe the shear power, the strength of a lil’ Bonita ... they are powerful swimmers and will make most reel drags sing!! ZzzzzzzZZzzzZZZzzz

I must’ve hooked into (my guess) a 10-15 pound Bonita yesterday in LA Harbor because it ran super strong and it would have spooled me.
My reels have never SCREAMED like they did today!

I was in absolute shock to the speed that my line was being stripped off my spool!
It finally stopped for a momentary rest.
When it started it’s 2nd power run, I kept a firm pressure on my spool and I allowed my line to break off!
It had way too much power for my reel’s drag to stop it!

Thank you for chiming in on my fish report,

SP Dan

8Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:52 pm

MarkG

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bonito fight very hard. I miss the King Harbor bonito bite back in the 80s.
Well done Dan!

9Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:21 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

MarkG wrote:Bonito fight very hard.  I miss the King Harbor bonito bite back in the 80s.
Well done Dan!

My father, myself, my uncle and cousins would regularly go to King Harbor in the mid-late 1950’s and see and or fish the Bonito that were always darting in schools; back-and-forth, inside the Harbor. Great fun and great fishing then! 👍

Thank you for allowing my mis-spelling and not saying anything this time! lol I mis-spell it ... Bonita. lol
Thanks for the break buddy! 👌

Would you please tell me more and or show me pic’s about your trolling shaft/propeller and your electric drill motor.
It sounds interesting!

By the way ... just how long is your extension cord any way? lol

Thank you Mark,
I promise to pay attention ... this time!  Smile Ha ha ha!

Dan

Seriously, please post it up again for me, thank you 🙏

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:44 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

He passed us on his way back to the beach. Made getting home after a long day of fishing look easy. I want one.

11Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:49 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hmm...well it was a bonita Bonito

12Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH, Wed 9-23-20 Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

I really should try to get it correct and spell it correctly ... Bonito.
Bad habits are sometimes hard to break.
Bonito
Bonito
Bonito
Bonito

Got it ... finally! 😅 phew! lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum