FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:02 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 6:46 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 2:05 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 1:40 am

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 4:34 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sun May 05, 2024 3:20 am

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 5:22 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 8:33 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:39 pm

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:31 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My first trip with the Float Plus 1

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:21 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Light, Fast, and Comfortable those are the 3 areas that jump out on my first trip.  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Float Plus 1 is as we like to say a next level float tube.  There are a lot of great tubes out there and many different types as well.  So yes there is something for everyone's needs.  For those that are looking for float tube that will last and take abuse the Hybrids are what you should be looking for.  The Float Plus 1 is now on that list.  

This float tube weighs in at 26.5 lbs and with the multiple handles you can carry it with easy to the water.  The handles at the seat are perfectly located and balanced for carrying.  

I have come to notice that the most of these hybrid float tubes have major a agility.  The Float Plus 1 is no different, but what I did notice as part of this agility it also has speed.  This float tube is fast, combining the agility of a hybrid and the light weight of this boat you can see there this Float Plus 1  can be fast on the water.  

The comfort is there, I was concerned by the seat valve being under the seat.  I have had to let out air pressure of seats like these before as they can be tough to sit on for long periods.  Being able to get to the valve to let out some air is very important.  So having the seat valve under the seat was a concern.  before heading out I inflated the back rest pretty firm and the actual seat just a little softer.  It was very comfortable for my first trip out.  I also feel the that the width of the setting area of over 20 inches adds to this.  

Two other observations, there are no D-Rings which we need to attach items on our tubes.  Of course these tubes are well built for gluing your attachments to including the D-Rings.  The boat come with 2 extra D-Rings that can be glued on quick and easy.  After making this comment Maikel Lambregts creator of the Float Plus systems said they did this on purpose to allow you the owner to add what you want were you want it.  I like that idea.

The other observation was that the main floor of the float tube is very slightly tilted backwards to the rear.  The idea here is that you don't have any issues of sliding forward on your seat.  Many people are talking about this currently so its great to see a company address this concern.  

So the next is the Motor which will be sent when they are ready.  I am looking forward to this add on as well.  The boat was designed for the motor.  It worked amazing with out it so I can only image what it will be like with the motor.

Thanks for reading, any questions please be sure to ask I would love to answer your questions.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men

SP Dan and Pablosparky like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:37 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Thanks Jeff for an awesome write up on the FloatPlus One. After reading your review and seeing it in person yesterday with you on the water it’s definitely something I’d be interested in when it becomes available for sale in the us. It looked very stable and fast for you even in the windy conditions we had yesterday. I only sat in for a second on shore before we launched and it was very comfortable, I think like you said because of the wider seating area. Can’t wait for US sales and the motor for your review.

jeffcpr likes this post

3My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:48 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BigMaxFloats wrote:Thanks Jeff for an awesome write up on the FloatPlus One.  After reading your review and seeing it in person yesterday with you on the water it’s definitely something I’d be interested in when it becomes available for sale in the us.  It looked very stable and fast for you even in the windy conditions we had yesterday.  I only sat in for a second on shore before we launched and it was very comfortable, I think like you said because of the wider seating area. Can’t wait for US sales and the motor for your review.

You need to put in the water next time give it a go for yourself.

4My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:54 am

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Sounds good. I wanted you to get the first run in.

5My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty tray Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 am

jmytuna

jmytuna
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught
Spottied Bay Bass
White Sea Bass
Legal White Sea Bass
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch
Carp
Large Carp Caught
Blugill
Large Bluegill Catch
Crappie
Large Crappie Catch
Sculpin
Large Sculpin Catch
Smallmouth Bass
Trophy Small Mouth
Calico Bass
Calico Bass Catch

Nice.  I like the high seat position but looks tight to fit a tray in there.

6My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:27 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

jmytuna wrote:Nice.  I like the high seat position but looks tight to fit a tray  in there.

It will be interesting working on and planning out all the mods o we time for sure.

7My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:26 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jeff, it appears as though your thighs are above your air bladders in the photo, how do you think that you would install a tray?
Any thoughts?
I always need a fishing lap tray, great for tying lures and knots on … also great to photo a fish on! Thumbs Up !

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

8My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:08 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

SP Dan wrote:Jeff, it appears as though your thighs are above your air bladders in the photo, how do you think that you would install a tray?
Any thoughts?
I always need a fishing lap tray, great for tying lures and knots on … also great to photo a fish on!  Thumbs Up !

SP Dan

That is a good questions Dan I know there are some attachable work tables. They are small and meant to be on the sides. They could work, but some DIYing will need to be done to figure this out some other way. We're there is a will there is a way.

SP Dan likes this post

9My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:26 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jeff, I was also looking to see if it had the D-rings on the sides in order to attach my rod holders to.
Are there D-rings on the sides of the air bladders? I didn’t see them.

SP Dan

Thanks in advance! 👍

10My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:41 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

The don't attach D-rings but send two extras so you can glue them on where you want them. 2 is not enough and so I order for less than $10 a set of 6. So glue them on where you want them it is pretty easy.

SP Dan likes this post

11My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Empty Re: My first trip with the Float Plus 1 Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:08 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

It just seems silly to me to spend that much money and not even have the rings included on the float tube.

Seems like something is lacking on the float tube when you have to spend additional money after purchase to get it to function as a fishing vessel with rod holders.

She’s still pretty! Thumbs Up

SP Dan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum