FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by jeffcpr Today at 11:05 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

FR: Saturday 05-13-23, AB

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FR: Saturday 05-13-23, AB Empty FR: Saturday 05-13-23, AB Tue May 16, 2023 4:48 pm

beedee

beedee
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and I had plans to meet up at our usual AO, AB at 6am on Saturday morning. After farming my alarm and setting it for 5:15PM instead of AM, I woke up in a panic at 6:15am wondering why my alarm didnt go off! After feeling like a you-know-what for possibly standing up BMF and his brother, I saw a text from him that he wasn't going to make it due to some technical snafu's at the homestead. No worries, hopefully he got it sorted out over the weekend!

I had loaded my stuff the night before, so I was out the door around 6:40am and on the water by 7:00am. I got 5 from the float tube, threw the Donkey Rig with a Chub and Sardine Green Hookup Baits, no double-ups for me though. Also was chuckin' my trusty 1/4oz Ned with a Kalin's 3" grub. Rotated between Motor Oil, Watermelon Seed and Pumpkin Seed. Motor Oil proved to be what they wanted. I forget the ratio of what fish were landed on which lure, but they bit the grubs and the HUB's. As I was about to exit the small marina at the yacht club, I saw BMF's brother, sounded like he had a tough go, as he got smacked hard once or twice, but that was it. Ironically as we were talking, I got bit and pulled in a Spottie. He was heading back to the beach to get out and I decided to head towards the channel.

The tide was outgoing, and it was RRRIIIPPPIIINNNGGG in the channel, made it half way across and headed back to the yacht club wall. Initial plan was to cross over and hit the Ballast Point and Dive boat docks. My legs are still sore, it was a grind kicking back against the tide.

I headed in around 9:30am I think. Ended up with 1 Calico, 3 Spotties and a Sea-Pancake...I think the biggest Spottie was 13", (the one where I cropped his head off, fail!).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

StyroFoam-Berg?

Good times.

jmytuna, Pablosparky and BigMaxFloats like this post

2FR: Saturday 05-13-23, AB Empty Re: FR: Saturday 05-13-23, AB Tue May 16, 2023 7:50 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

Glad you still went out. Sorry I bailed on you and couldn’t join you. Electrical issues at the house. Still not 100% fixed but it’s safe and we still have the all the plugs and the fridge so no emergency, just no overhead lights. That was cool you ran into brother Jerry. He got the big skunk. Tried to stay out in the middle chasing halibut but didn’t get any. Thanks for the report and the pics. Hope to get together soon.

Pablosparky and beedee like this post

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum