FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:24 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

HH, Sat 6-8-2019. My 22th SW session this season.

I always like to take a few minutes before each session starts ... to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks to HIM!

For having received the blessing of good health and for the opportunity to be here today ... to be able to enjoy the water, with all of it's abundance and to take-in the breath taking new-day of each new session .... amen![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Duration: 05:30 hrs until 11:30 hrs (6 hrs)
Sun Rise: 05:41 hrs
Sun Set: 20:01 hrs, the days are definitely getting longer.
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent
Gray Light: 05:15 hrs
Tidal Conditions: 05:30 1.42 ft, 06:30 hrs 0.4 ft, 07:30 hrs -0.3 ft, 08:27 hrs LT -0.6 ft, 09:30 hrs -0.3 ft
, 10:30 hrs 1.2 ft, 11:30 hrs 1.4 ft ... etc.
Air temperatures during session: cloudy with drizzles and wind, with temps ranging from 62 deg to 69 deg.
Water temperatures: 64 deg
Wind: 05:30 hrs 5 mph S, 11:00 hrs 8 mph SSW.
Water clarity: translucent green.
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: none to report
Water Visibility: 3-4 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 65 in the morning, this is an average and considered a stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Major Period ended at: 07:04. The Minor Period lasted from: 10:23 hrs until 11:53. And that's why I stayed for a longer session!  Thumbs Up
(2 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: (0) none to report
Dolphin: None to report
Pelagic Bird Activity: minimal diving birds to report
Bait Presence: very good signs of bait presence with predator fish chasing them and making them jump out of the water during the chase!
Distance kicked: 1.81 miles
Calories Burnt: 684 calories, if walking.

Personal Attire: board shorts
Fish-Finder used: Deeper Pro +
Model of Float Tube: Cumberland with DIY rod rack and hard-top lap-tray.
Type of fins used: Force Fins with fin-leash's.
Wader Skins: Wader- Leggings

Rod and Reel: (2) Diawa LT 2500D Ballistic reels mounted on a on a 6' B&M Sharp Shooter rod and a St Croix 6'-8" AVIDX 6-12 lb rod and (1) Shimano Stradic 2500F reel mounted on a St Croix 6'-8" BassX 6-12 lb rod, the reels are spooled with 30 lb Diawa Samurai 8-carrier braid along with a 6' long 15-lb Seaguar Inviz-X fluorocarbon leader on each line.
Knots:RP (Royal Polaris) for braid to Fluorocarbon. IC (Improved Clinch) for attaching the leader line to the hook.
Tackle Used: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver, White Shad and Purple/Silver colored HUB's. 3/8oz Mint and a Sardine Green/Silver colored HUB's. Drop Shot with a fluke.

SP Dan's fish count this morning: 26-fish, 5-species, Bass Trifecta, (1) New Species and 2 legals to report today.
(1) Midshipman, 12" and New Species on a float tube.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(1) short Calico, 8 3/4"[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(8) short Sandy's, best 13 1/4" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(3) Spotty's, best 14 1/4" & 14" Legals[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(2) short Halibut, best 20" [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Note: All legals are shown and just one pic of each species landed if short and then all fish were quickly CPR'd.

PLEASE .... remember to be respectful to the boat owners and their property.

PLEASE ... remember to leave it cleaner than you found it!
So grab a hand-full and Pitch-In!!

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!

Tight lines everyone!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:11 pm

BobBfishin

BobBfishin
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice report and session Dan. I caught 2 midshipman at LAB so far. Super cool looking fish. I need to get on some Calico and bigger Halibut when I get back to CA.

3Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

FYI ... The parking fee $ at the Huntington Harbor boat ramp parking lot has increased to $15 for the day. Up $3.

SP Dan      <"))><

4Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:22 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dan graciously did not mention that I met up with him for awhile and watched him catch fish. We won't discuss my fish count, although I did not get skunked.

I caught a midshipman at Huntington a couple of weeks ago. Suits me if it is a once in a life time experience.

I paid my $12 at Sunset ramp not too long ago, parked in the "nose end only" spots along the fence and returned to find a red tag on my windshield informing that I was liable for towing, and lucky that they decided not to tow my car. (Not clear what I did wrong; and no one answered the phone number on the notice.) The time before, I swiped my card nothing happened. I swiped again. Ended up with two tickets and a $24 bill. I will just stick with Seabridge.

5Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:36 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Productive morning on the water Dan, this had to be fun. Those Midshipmen fish are rather handsome to put it mildly.

Thanks for sharing

6Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:27 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

BobBfishin wrote:Nice report and session Dan. I caught 2 midshipman at LAB so far. Super cool looking fish. I need to get on some Calico and bigger Halibut when I get back to CA.

Thanx BobBfishin! Thumbs Up
Definitely a cool looking fish! My 1st on the float tube.
I believe that you will really enjoy the 30” class Halibut and larger, I know that I do! Very Happy I landed 2 at 36” last season out of the 6 legals I landed last season.

SP Dan <“))><

7Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:36 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Bob G wrote:Dan graciously did not mention that I met up with him for awhile and watched him catch fish.  We won't discuss my fish count, although I did not get skunked.

I caught a midshipman at Huntington a couple of weeks ago.  Suits me if it is a once in a life time experience.

I paid my $12 at Sunset ramp not too long ago, parked in the "nose end only" spots along the fence and returned to find a red tag on my windshield informing that I was liable for towing, and lucky that they decided not to tow my car.  (Not clear what I did wrong; and no one answered the phone number on the notice.) The time before, I swiped my card nothing happened.  I swiped again.  Ended up with two tickets and a $24 bill.  I will just stick with Seabridge.

It’s always my pleasure to run into other forum members while out on the water.
Bob, I always make it a point to ask other members if it’s ok if I were to mention them in my reports but I didn’t get the opportunity to ask your permission so I didn’t mention you.

But now that you mentioned it .... HEY EVERYONE .... I fished with Bob and he was on the fish! lol
Take care Bob and thanx for chiming in!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <“))><

8Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Empty Re: Assaulted HH on Saturday 6-8-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:40 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Productive morning on the water Dan, this had to be fun. Those Midshipmen fish are rather handsome to put it mildly.

Thanks for sharing

Thanx for your constant positive support Jerdon! Thumbs Up
I couldn’t believe the choppers in the lil’ guy’s mouth!
I definitely handled it with kid gloves!

SP Dan <“))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum