FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Let all of us remember the fallen this weekend!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:57 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay June 8th
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 11:19 am

» Looking to do some hats
by BigMaxFloats Yesterday at 11:10 am

» Some good growth.
by Jerdon Mon May 20, 2024 12:47 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Mon May 20, 2024 9:25 am

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19

+8
Floatingbassturd
ronniek524
jeffcpr
david886720
MarkG
TobyB
Jerdon
SP Dan
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:46 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

HH, Sat 6-8-2019.   My 23rdh SW session.

I always like to take a few minutes before each session starts ... to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks to HIM!
For having received the blessing of good health and for the opportunity to be here today ... to be able to enjoy the water, with all of it's abundance and to take-in the breath taking new-day of each new session .... amen![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Duration: 05:30 hrs until 11:30 hrs (6 hrs)
Sun Rise: 05:41 hrs
Sun Set: 20:02 hrs, the days are getting longer.
Moon Phase: Waxing Crescent
Gray Light: 05:15 hrs
Tidal Conditions: 05:30 2.7 ft, 06:30 hrs 1.6 ft, 07:30 hrs 0.6 ft, 08:30 hrs  -0.0 ft, 09:27 hrs LT -0.2 ft
, 10:30 hrs 0.0 ft, 11:30 hrs 0.7 ft ... etc.
Air temperatures during session: cloudy and windy, with temps ranging from 62 deg to 72 deg.
Water temperatures: 64 deg
Wind: 05:30 hrs 5 mph SSW, 11:00 hrs 8 mph SW.
Water clarity: translucent green.
Large Leaf Kelp Beds: none to report
Water Visibility: 3-4 ft
Tidal Coefficient: (CE) 61 in the morning, this is an average and considered a stable rate.
iSolunar Prediction: Major Period lasted from: 05:00 hrs to 08:00 hrs. 
(1 out of 4 possible) <"))>< <"))>< <"))>< <"))><
Sea Dogs: (0) none to report
Dolphin: None to report
Pelagic Bird Activity: minimal diving birds to report
Bait Presence: very good signs of bait presence with predator fish chasing them and making them jump out of the water during the chase!
Distance kicked: 1.93 miles

Calories Burnt: 680 calories, if walking.

Personal Attire: board shorts
Fish-Finder used: Deeper Pro +
Model of Float Tube: Cumberland with DIY rod rack and hard-top lap-tray.
Type of fins used: Force Fins with fin-leash's.
Wader Skins: Wader- Leggings

Tackle Used: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver and White Shad colored HUB's. 3/8oz Sardine Green/Silver colored HUB's.

SP Dan's fish count this morning: 30-fish, 6-species, Bass Trifecta and 4 legals to report today.

(1) Jack Smelt, battled on my lap tray and escaped without photo taken.

(3) short Calico, 8 3/4"

(7) short Sandy's, best 10"
(17) Spotty's, best 14 1/4", 14", 14 1/2" & 14" Legals[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(1) short Halibut, 16 1/2" 

(1) Greenback Mackerel, 9 3/4"

Note: All legals are shown and just one pic of each species landed if short and then all fish were quickly CPR'd.

PLEASE .... remember to be respectful to the boat owners and their property.

PLEASE ... remember to leave it cleaner than you found it!
So grab a hand-full and Pitch-In!!

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!

Tight lines everyone!

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Dan was tearing it up this morning. I see your luck followed you Very Happy .

Nice morning Dan and thanks for sharing.

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great job out there Dan. Great report as usual.

MarkG

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

If I could have such a good session without a fish finder and lack of tube experience (on Friday) I’m not surprised you did so well. Congrats—-and I agree with your sentiments.

P.S. I’m flying to Cabo Tuesday to fish the beach for a few days.  Anyone wanna see pics after I return?  Do I post in a different forum?
Godspeed
-Mark

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

3 different harbors on 3 different days with the same result! Nice catching Dan. Thumbs Up

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Dan was tearing it up this morning. I see your luck followed you Very Happy .

Nice morning Dan and thanks for sharing.

Hi ya Jerdon!
The major period on the ISolunar started at 08:00 hrs which offered for a fun morning even tho the CE was at 61.

I need to find my way out to your neck of the world some day soon! Thumbs Up

SP Dan <“))><

7SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:54 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Chunky Spotties Dan thanks for sharing

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

SP Dan

SP Dan

TobyB wrote:Great job out there Dan. Great report as usual.

Thanx Toby!
I need to get myself back out there on one of your ninja held excursions. I had a great time but last time we hooked up.

SP Dan <“))><

SP Dan

SP Dan

MarkG wrote:If I could have such a good session without a fish finder and lack of tube experience (on Friday) I’m not surprised you did so well. Congrats—-and I agree with your sentiments.

P.S. I’m flying to Cabo Tuesday to fish the beach for a few days.  Anyone wanna see pics after I return?  Do I post in a different forum?
Godspeed
-Mark

Hi ya MarkG,
I think that a FF is; for the most part, way over rated when it comes to fishing the inner harbors or at lakes.
It’s really a good tool for learning the topography of the floor.

My fish-finder will show me fish directly beneath me but I will usually cast 60 to 80 feet away from me and not down beneath myself unless I’m trolling a hookup bait or a drop shot rig from my rod rack on the sleeper rod.
I think that learning the habitats of your targeted species under all of the varying conditions is one of the keys to my successful sessions. And LUCK is a huge key as well! lol

I will usually post up an open invite but if there is a particular Harbor that you would like to focus on, please let me know and we can hook up there for a session.

SP Dan     <“))><

10SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:42 pm

ronniek524

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the report Smile. Looks like you had fun Smile. I got one bag of those tube lures at the Fred Hall show, and haven't tried it yet lol.

11SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:01 pm

Floatingbassturd

Floatingbassturd
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Dang, I knew I should have gone. Nice fish Dan. Sorry, I felt great and ready to fish more after fishing all night on some freshwater but I made the mistake of sitting down and tiredness hit me hard.

12SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Hi Dan,
Would really have liked to join up Sunday, but two days in row is beyond me. However, after reading your report, I thought, "Hmmm, if Dan can catch 30, I should be able to get a couple". So, I hit Mother's this morning at 0600. Very warm; I think it was 73 at launch, no layers needed Very Happy Very Happy . Forgot the water temp.

Anyway, 14 fish. Ten Spotties, most nice fish in the 12 to 13 inch range. Four crazy mackrel. I went up into the channel, just short of the bridge to start working the outgoing tide. Worked the docks and slips almost exclusively. First cast bounced off the piling at the water line, and was rewarded. Overall my casting was spotty, but for awhile whenever I managed to do what told me-- fish.

Got broke off drifting in front of the life guard station. Maybe I was too aggressive with the drag too tight. Flouro failed, and not at the knot. Dang, it might have been something special.

All but two fish came on HUBs. Chovy was good, then purple/silver. Sardine green, not; but that was later when conditions had changed. Sealed lips after about 9AM. One fish and the break off were on Walleye Anglers. The b/o was a Carolina rigged lime/red; the other a purple/white on a 3/16th oz under spin

Made it down to the fuel docks, Just one fish on the trip back--but the water had stopped moving. Off about 11 for five hours.

Mother's Beach is fun.

Some kind of school outing when I returned, with hundreds of Urchins splashing and Peeing.

13SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

david886720 wrote:3 different harbors on 3 different days with the same result!  Nice catching Dan.  Thumbs Up

Hi ya David!

I fished Big Bear for a week then Swan Lake for a week and I wanted to finish my 3-week vacation with a cornucopia of inner harbors. I liked it. Plus, it allowed me to stack-up the harbors against one another and gather information.

LAH= 14, HH= 26 and LAB=30 fish

14SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

jeffcpr wrote:Chunky Spotties Dan thanks for sharing

Hi ya Jeff! Thumbs Up 
Ya, quite a few of them had quite the girth on them ... foot ball-ish in shape to say the least!

Thanx for chiming in!

SP Dan      <"))><

15SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:58 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

ronniek524 wrote:Thanks for the report Smile.  Looks like you had fun Smile.  I got one bag of those tube lures at the Fred Hall show, and haven't tried it yet lol.

Hi ya ronniek524,

Ralph Castillo handed me my first Hookup Bait 3 years ago while fishing in LAB ... it was used and an almost worn-out 1/4oz White Shad. He told me ... "Hey! these really work. I thought to myself ... sure! he he he

Well ... I threw it into my Float Tube pocket for a couple of weeks until on day ... I couldn't buy a bite to save my life.

So I tied it on; close to the end of my session, and I gave it a toss in the same area that I had just worked with other baits and ... BAM! a halibut on the 1st cast! I threw it back in the same area again and ... BAM!! a 2nd Halibut on the 2nd cast! I thought to myself ... "This a fluke!" and just to prove it ... I cast it right back at the same area again and BAM!! a third Halibut on the 3rd cast! I had Ralph on the phone; right there while I was on the water, and I was thanking him for turning me on to the Hookup Baits!

My advice to you ronniek524 is ... "don't wait any longer, tie it on now!" Thumbs Up

SP Dan      <"))><

16SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:44 am

Fish Stalker

Fish Stalker
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Great report Dan and what a good day you had on the water, thanks for sharing!

17SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:31 am

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Bob G wrote:Hi Dan,
Some kind of school outing when I returned, with hundreds of Urchins splashing and Peeing.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

18SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:19 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I should have taken you up on your offer Dan. The plans I had fell through and ended up staying home to work on my dirt bike instead LOL. Nice job on the water! The only good thing that came of Saturday was that I found a hole in my bladder that I had been chasing for a while. Finally patched it up!!!!!

19SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:22 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Floatingbassturd wrote:Dang, I knew I should have gone. Nice fish Dan. Sorry, I felt great and ready to fish more after fishing all night on some freshwater but I made the mistake of sitting down and tiredness hit me hard.

Hi ya Floatingbassturd,
It’s been a while since we’ve hooked up ... Eh?!
It was a decent day but I still had to work for most of my bites ... over the 2-mile kick.
I’ll post more invites soon ... perhaps one of them will fit into your schedule !

SP Dan <“))><

20SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:31 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Would really have liked to join up Sunday, but two days in row is beyond me.  However, after reading your report, I thought, "Hmmm, if Dan can catch 30, I should be able to get a couple".  So, I hit Mother's this morning at 0600.  Very warm; I think it was 73 at launch, no layers needed Very Happy Very Happy .  Forgot the water temp.  

Anyway, 14 fish.  Ten Spotties, most nice fish in the 12 to 13 inch range.  Four crazy mackrel.  I went up into the channel, just short of the bridge to start working the outgoing tide.  Worked the docks and slips almost exclusively.  First cast bounced off the piling at the water line, and was rewarded.   Overall my casting was spotty, but for awhile whenever I managed to do what told me-- fish.

Got broke off drifting in front of the life guard station.  Maybe I was too aggressive with the drag too tight.  Flouro failed, and not at the knot.  Dang, it might have been something special.

All but two fish came on HUBs.  Chovy was good, then purple/silver.   Sardine green, not; but that was later when conditions had changed.   Sealed lips after about 9AM.  One fish and the break off were on Walleye Anglers.  The b/o was a Carolina rigged lime/red; the other a purple/white on a  3/16th oz under spin

Made it down to the fuel docks,  Just one fish on the trip back--but the water had stopped moving.   Off about 11 for five hours.  

Mother's Beach is fun.

Thanx for the fish report Bob.
I’m glad that my fish report inspired you hit up LAB and launch from Mother’s Beach this time.  
When it’s an outgoing tide, it really makes for a great ride and possibly a remarkably fun session as well.

It sounds like the weather was holding up nicely for your session Sir! 👍🏻

SP Dan     <“))><

21SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:36 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Fish Stalker wrote:Great report Dan and what a good day you had on the water, thanks for sharing!

Thanx Fish Stalker!
I appreciate the fact that you took the time to chime in on my fish report Sir! 👍🏻

Thank you,

SP Dan     <“))>>

22SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:43 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

OldMan wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey OldMan!
Yah .... Bob has a fantastic wit about him! Wink
Ha ha ha! Ya gotta luv the guy’s sense of humor! Thumbs Up

23SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:25 pm

OldMan

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:
Hey OldMan!
Yah .... Bob has a fantastic wit about him! Wink
Ha ha ha! Ya gotta luv the guy’s sense of humor! Thumbs Up
I was laughing because as a ChildFree person, the splashing and peeing line made me laugh and laugh and laugh.

Looking forward to more of Bob's wit!!!

24SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Re: SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:44 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I should have taken you up on your offer Dan. The plans I had fell through and ended up staying home to work on my dirt bike instead LOL. Nice job on the water! The only good thing that came of Saturday was that I found a hole in my bladder that I had been chasing for a while. Finally patched it up!!!!!

Hey LOLLY,
No worries my friend, there will always be more invites  offered to you down the road! Hopefully one of the invites will fit into your busy schedule.
FYI ... Now days I will put a half a cup of water with a squirt of dish soap and some red dye mixed together and I pour the mixture inside of each of my bladders. It never evaporates from the bladder.
So when I get a slow leak, I remove my bladder from the FT skin and I inflate it with air and then I swirl the red dye around so that the soapy liquid coats the inside surface of the bladder and a reddish bubble will appear every time, no matter the size of the puncture.
Easy Peezy!

SP Dan     <“))><

25SP Dan Assaulted LAB on Sunday 6-9-19 Empty Witless Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Bob G

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Well, sometime between the 70th and 75th year, you begin to realize that if you stop to think about what you are about to say, you will forget it.
So, just let it rip.
I will say that all that I can verify for certain, is the splashing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum