FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this a good rod holder setup???

+3
fishntoss
TheAsianGuy
bass slayer
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Is this a good rod holder setup??? Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:55 pm

bass slayer

FTFF Gathering Officer

please tell me if this is a good rod holder to start out with on my fishcat 4 delux. type in: big bluegill float tube on google and choose first result. if it is not good, please give me some help on a better design! Thanks ! Very Happy Very Happy

2Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:39 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL You're visiting the site that I'm on as well. You're talking about Jeff Soto's and Anthony Palafox basic tube rigs. Mine used to be like that until I experiment with better designs. Kelster, time to repost your sick rigs again man!

Kelster has the best rigs that you can use for your Fish Cat. I need to start grabbing photos from them too so I can post without having to bother them all the time.

Here's a link for the collective designs so far..there are a heck of a lot more. I need to grab them all for you guys.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:09 am

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice setups.. I gotta start doin something to mine..

4Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:53 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What ever you make just make sure it will hold evrything you need it to do

5Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:07 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bass slayer wrote:please tell me if this is a good rod holder to start out with on my fishcat 4 delux. type in: big bluegill float tube on google and choose first result. if it is not good, please give me some help on a better design! Thanks ! Very Happy Very Happy

If it holds your gear the way you like it is a good set up. This sort of thing is an evolution of sorts. I started off gung ho with an elaborate system and ended up using a 3 piece sport chalet holder and zip ties most of the last year. Now I am using a different system but I have discovered the simplistic approach works best for me. To each his own. You'll get out there and find a system that works for you. This is a good starting point to move forward on. Best of luck!

6Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:46 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here's a good link

7Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LGHT wrote:Here's a good link

WOW

8Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:48 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

WOW?! man, that's one elaborate design. Was it sapdawg design?

9Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:52 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
LGHT wrote:Here's a good link

WOW

WOW X2

10Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:01 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:WOW?! man, that's one elaborate design. Was it sapdawg design?

Yeah that was an old write up he did. Not sure if he has pics of his new prowler setup yet, but I tried it out before I got mine and it's even easier to use and adds very little extra weight.

11Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:10 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Frame shouldn't be more than 7lbs. But, adding all the gears to all those slots..HOLY MOTHER OF WEIGHT. Anyone will have a nice sore back after the haul of that Fish Cat and walk for a 1/4 mile or so. Corona and SARLs parking lots are close to the water. Unlike the rest of the other water bodies, we have to hike at least 1500ft.

12Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:14 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Frame shouldn't be more than 7lbs. But, adding all the gears to all those slots..HOLY MOTHER OF WEIGHT. Anyone will have a nice sore back after the haul of that Fish Cat and walk for a 1/4 mile or so. Corona and SARLs parking lots are close to the water. Unlike the rest of the other water bodies, we have to hike at least 1500ft.

My thoughts exactly.

13Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i remembered i went to long beach with bassgeek and i took all my usual stuff and that was a long walk to the lounch spot i was sorry i took so much but now as i go out i only take what i need and at different spot i carry extra or more depend were i go so you will learn the hard way hate tto say it but its true

14Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

This is why, all floats, regardless of the design, need a wheel base attachment. That's why my revised frames designed with that in mind. I'm not about to haul over 75lbs of gears to and from the water close to 1/4 mile away. That's murderous..The ones that hang at the Perris Lake know better. They actually have carts that they can haul the gears to the water with. Sapdawg's designs actually have the capacity to add the two basic 8" wheels that you can get from the local Harbor Freight stores. It will add on another 10lbs, but it will help you to max all your gears out, and still get to the water without breaking your back. On top of that, it will give you extra buoyancy.

15Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:46 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I didn't have ANY extra gear and I still had to stop 2-3 times when I fished Parris. Just shows how old and out of shape I am. Luckily that's the only lake that I've had to hike more than 20 yards to launch so far.

16Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:47 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote:Frame shouldn't be more than 7lbs. But, adding all the gears to all those slots..HOLY MOTHER OF WEIGHT. Anyone will have a nice sore back after the haul of that Fish Cat and walk for a 1/4 mile or so. Corona and SARLs parking lots are close to the water. Unlike the rest of the other water bodies, we have to hike at least 1500ft.
X3

17Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:46 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

third time is a charm lol build those post lol

18Is this a good rod holder setup??? Empty Re: Is this a good rod holder setup??? Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:56 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:third time is a charm lol build those post lol
I learned from the best. Lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum