FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anchors, deflating and fins

+3
Monster
jeffcpr
waxon67
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:37 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Do you guys use anchors and what type is a good choice. Also, does anyone use a bodyboard style fin or have experience with them when tubing? Finally, do you deflate your tube between sessions? Thanks in advance my tubing brothers. study

2Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:36 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well I have never used an anchor from my tube, but from time to time in the saltwater I think it could be useful. If I was to get an anchor I would go with the bag filled with rock, seem safer less chance to get hung up.
As for fin I have always used Diving fins that have a adjustable strap around the back of the foot. It has always worked well for me. As far as fins go I think you just need to be comfortable with what you have.

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Monster

Monster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I have never used an anchor as well. As far as deflating between sessions I always try to let most of the air out of my tube before I put it away. Changes in temperature change the air pressure and it is better for your tube to deflate it between outings.

4Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:42 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I accually keep mine partially inflated and hangig in the garuage but I do need to check it from time to time because of temperature changes like monster said.

5Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:24 am

floater73

floater73
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I like to put mine away after each use unless I plan on going out a day or two later then I will keep it up until then.

6Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 am

samuraiti

samuraiti
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Generally it is better to at least partially deflate the tube after use. Up North with the kickboat clubs we've had some pontoons explode when guys forget to let a little air out when the hot temps roll around.

Anchors can be great but carrying them around is what makes most guys not do it. I've used them before both on my kickboat and floattube but generally don't anymore. If you have the space and can put up with the inconvenience, they are a great tool for windy days (or current is strong).

Diving fins are the way I've gone for the past 10+ years. I even got rid of my Force Fins that I thought would be great. Some people like them but I know I can go faster and easier with the regular dive fins.

Hope this helps!

Todd

http://www.geemoto.com

7Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:45 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I was out in the garage just the other day and noticed my tube was full. The heat was up and the tube filled glad I noticed before it was to late.
Another thing to think of when you are heading to the water, I fill my tube up part way before I leave to save to on the water side. But if I go up in elevation I make sure to leave it deflated elevation will have a major effect on the pressure as well. If it is partially full before you leave to higher elevation it will be as short trip to say the least.

8Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:17 pm

floater73

floater73
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

A friend of mine did that pooped his tube on the way up to big bear. This guy wont tube anymore, pissed him off something major Evil or Very Mad

9Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

All good advice. I broke down and bought some dive fins and I am so glad I did! I always wondered about those force fins. They're so dang expensive! But what makes them worth the money? I'm taking yours guys advice and deflating the tube some. I guess I'll let nature tell me when it's time for an anchor if ever. Thanks!

10Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:17 am

6xtrout

FTFF Gathering Officer

Which anchor is best for a tube used on eastern lakes? My tube is a fish cat. Thanks.

Mike L

11Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Not really sure 6xtrout but I still think the bag for rock makes more sence less hang up with it. Maybe someone else has more info for you.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 am

fever

fever
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I bought a bag(for rocks)and rope from the military surplus store,way cheap and saved me on a windy day at Big Bear,I use dive fins and always deflate.

13Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:07 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

fever wrote:I bought a bag(for rocks)and rope from the military surplus store,way cheap and saved me on a windy day at Big Bear,I use dive fins and always deflate.

There you go I think the other good thing about the rock bag is, you can get the rock when you need to use it other than that it take up no room on the tube other than the rope.

14Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:27 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think the rock bag is the practical approach for me.

15Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:08 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I am starting to think that maybe I should pick one up myself.

16Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:11 pm

floater73

floater73
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I have a bag have never used it let me see if I can find it and you can have cpr if you want.

17Anchors, deflating and fins Empty Re: Anchors, deflating and fins Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Cool P.M. is sent Very Happy