FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greetings from a long time lure loser

+3
Hammer 4
waxon67
Masterbaiter
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:53 pm

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Greetings,

Long time fisherman, mainly surf and pier. I formerly was a yak fisherman (kayak), but then downgraded to a jon boat. I have since sold the jon to a buddy who was in need of a duck boat. I am now considering getting a float tube. This interest is further exasperated by the Salty Night Gathering that's planned. I've considered purchasing one, but having never been on a float tube I may have to try and rent one first.

I live in Murrieta, which is halfway to everything far away. I'm also an avid hunter, but generally only hunt turkey, dove, quail, rabbit, and I am planning a boar trip.

If anyone is interested in renting me a float tube for Salty Night let me know. Either way, thanks for the forum I hope to learn much.

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Masterbaiter wrote:Greetings,

Long time fisherman, mainly surf and pier. I formerly was a yak fisherman (kayak), but then downgraded to a jon boat. I have since sold the jon to a buddy who was in need of a duck boat. I am now considering getting a float tube. This interest is further exasperated by the Salty Night Gathering that's planned. I've considered purchasing one, but having never been on a float tube I may have to try and rent one first.

I live in Murrieta, which is halfway to everything far away. I'm also an avid hunter, but generally only hunt turkey, dove, quail, rabbit, and I am planning a boar trip.

If anyone is interested in renting me a float tube for Salty Night let me know. Either way, thanks for the forum I hope to learn much.

Come on out and we can get ya going with a taste for floating!! I'm close to the coast and so are more of us but many of us are out your way too! I'm sure we can get on the water with some spare gear for a try. Very Happy

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard. I use to hunt dove in Indio a Loooonnnnggg time ago..Anyway, maybe meet up for a salt gathering, I know a couple of guys have extra tubes. Tubing really isn't hard, unless you plan on kicking for miles. At 63, I have no problems keepin up with the younguns. It's basically like sitting in a comfy chair, and getting around by foot power, your tube can be simple, or as modded out as you like, I take the kiss approach. ha ha

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I like the KISS method. If all goes well I'll be out there. I've been on the fence if I should just get another yak, but float tubing seems interesting.

I'm a BD member, I saw two different FTs for sale.

Just so I'm clear, I need a tube, fins, and waders? Obviously gear, license.....

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I just might have you covered with a Forum float tube, I will send you a PM later see what you think.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Outdoorsman, MasterB, welcome
I was in your shoes 3-4 months ago
I liked it enough to upgrade after 2 1/2 trips on the tube
I have an extra fishcat w/rod holders that you can borrow
What size guy are you to help hunt down a pr. of waders?

If you're free on the 25th. of this month, you can come out to Lake Perris and start out on a lake.
It's great exercise. It will feel like you worked out after fishing.

Masterbaiter wrote:I like the KISS method. If all goes well I'll be out there. I've been on the fence if I should just get another yak, but float tubing seems interesting.

Just so I'm clear, I need a tube, fins, and waders? Obviously gear, license.....

Thats all you need to get on the water, you may also want to think about getting a PFD.

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Outdoorsman, MasterB, welcome

If you're free on the 25th. of this month, you can come out to Lake Perris and start out on a lake.

The 25th? I'm game... I appreciate it. I have my own waders (insulated) I should be fine though. We can meet outside the lake and ride in my truck. I'm a disabled vet, so I get in for free. It'll save you $10.

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

miller wrote:
Masterbaiter wrote:I like the KISS method. If all goes well I'll be out there. I've been on the fence if I should just get another yak, but float tubing seems interesting.

Thats all you need to get on the water, you may also want to think about getting a PFD.

For sure.

10Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

found this:

Fish Cat 4 + accessories, Used Fish Cat 4 for sale. Used but in great condition. No leaks, tears, or rips. Comes with a dual action hand pump, basspro shops float tube rod holder, and some fins. Price: $150 for everything

And this:

Navigator 2 Float tube $120

11Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:34 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Masterbaiter wrote:found this:

Fish Cat 4 + accessories, Used Fish Cat 4 for sale. Used but in great condition. No leaks, tears, or rips. Comes with a dual action hand pump, basspro shops float tube rod holder, and some fins. Price: $150 for everything

And this:

Navigator 2 Float tube $120

I have a Nav 2 and although it accommodates my manly stature, it does not move through the water to my liking. So I only use it for back up.

The cat might be a good deal. I would take a look at for sure. Lot of Cat guys here. Smile The Nav 2 is 180 roughly brand new. Just for a reference.

12Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:38 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The deal on the FC4 isn't bad. I bought mine used, in good cond. I got force fins, remmington neoprene waders, and the tube for 125.00. IMHO this was a super deal, so the one your looking at is pretty good imho.

I should add, mine is the FC4 delux, with the inflatable seat.

13Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:40 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Masterbaiter wrote:

The 25th? I'm game... I appreciate it. I have my own waders (insulated) I should be fine though. We can meet outside the lake and ride in my truck. I'm a disabled vet, so I get in for free. It'll save you $10.
Thanks for the ride offer, but I have to drive my truck because of some cooking gear, my oversized Prowler and an ice chest. Unless you can ride with me and still get in for free, paying for parking is not too big a deal

You should try one before buying just to make sure you wouldn't rather get another yak.
More than likely, you're going to want both a tube and a yak, depending on where and how far you will need to travel to reach your fishing spots
BTW, my fishcat has the foam seats

14Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:41 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:The deal on the FC4 isn't bad. I bought mine used, in good cond. I got force fins, remmington neoprene waders, and the tube for 125.00. IMHO this was a super deal, so the one your looking at is pretty good imho.

FF?

15Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:The deal on the FC4 isn't bad. I bought mine used, in good cond. I got force fins, remmington neoprene waders, and the tube for 125.00. IMHO this was a super deal, so the one your looking at is pretty good imho.

FF?

FF? = force fins..?

16Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:47 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

FF?

FF? = force fins..?
If your deal included the FF=Force Fins
You got a screaming deal!!! affraid

17Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:49 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

FF?

FF? = force fins..?

Ha ha ... I thought I read somewhere they weren't high on your list. Do you use them?

18Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:53 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

FF?

FF? = force fins..?

Ha ha ... I thought I read somewhere they weren't high on your list. Do you use them?

They aren't. I used them for 2 outings at the LAB, then bought my Mares fins.. Very Happy I tried selling them for 25.00 on cl with no takers, so I tossed em.

19Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:55 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:
Hammer 4 wrote:
waxon67 wrote:

FF?

FF? = force fins..?

They aren't. I used them for 2 outings at the LAB, then bought my Mares fins.. Very Happy I tried selling them for 25.00 on cl with no takers, so I tossed em.

Naw aaahh!! You can tell me what really happened some day. Their probably the ones Ed ended up with from Sonarbp!!

20Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:59 pm

Masterbaiter

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:
Masterbaiter wrote:

I don't mind riding with you, Either way I'll have my pass.
Thanks for the ride offer, but I have to drive my truck because of some cooking gear, my oversized Prowler and an ice chest. Unless you can ride with me and still get in for free, paying for parking is not too big a deal

You should try one before buying just to make sure you wouldn't rather get another yak.
More than likely, you're going to want both a tube and a yak, depending on where and how far you will need to travel to reach your fishing spots
BTW, my fishcat has the foam seats

21Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:01 pm

if u buy me entry to corona lake 22 bucks ill let u use my prowler tube w/ rod holders u just need waders i have fins for u to use

22Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:07 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome

23Greetings from a long time lure loser Empty Re: Greetings from a long time lure loser Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:55 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome MasterB!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum