FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

newpot harbor 4/15 12

+8
BeastyFishies
Boya321
.:LOLLY:.
ed5000x
IN2DEEP
wiseguy
jeffcpr
Aquaholic38
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:12 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

fished NH this morning : Jeffcpr, waxon, ed5000, Lolly, Boya321, beastyfishes, aquaholic.
and a strong current went from the inside harbor to open ocean as tide stared to get low. missed few bites and landed 2 sandies and 1 haliboooot! Very Happy
And my tube stared hissing!! and I was way the hell out there cuz the current, but thanx to the valve type I was able to add air oraly every 5 mnts and make it back and fish another 30mts by the castle. wich makes me think, up-grading to a nicer tube I wont have those valves anymore. (out cast, fish cat, etc) have those big valvs. I dont know if i wanna up-grade now... hmm:suspect:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:13 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Nice fishing with everyone today it has been some time since I got out on the water. Fishing was not great but the company was outstanding. Thanks to everyone that showed, and maybe on the 21st we can find those spotties. I end the day with 3 Mackral, and a few missed bits. It was noce to feel the tug on the line even if they were trash fish.
Sorry to hear about the tube bro my tube also had issues, nothing that pushed me out of the water. But the back rest bladder tore through the shell. It was on the inside I might be able to hold it together for a few more trips we will just have to see.
Again nice to meet the new guys and fish with the old farts as well see you guys on the 21st.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:28 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looks like fun times guys, I always carry the small $5 hand pump from Big 5 for added protection while out tubing, and believe me I've had my share of uses and I'm glad I had it with me!

4newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:35 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Way to give a BJ every 5 minutes! Thumbs Up

You didn't over sleep... AGAIN? ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ
Your ride was lucky!

5newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:46 pm

wtg guys. what happen to going to huntington ? i was plainning to go, tube loaded up lastnight but i pulled a eddie this morning lol.

6newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:49 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I too was under the impression that it was going to be HH scratch

7newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:52 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Way to give a BJ every 5 minutes! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You didn't over sleep... AGAIN? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Your ride was lucky!
gee! lay off the prozac! Twisted Evil

8newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:02 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yes it was great to meet new guys and great to fish with good friend and yes I was surprised Eddie was there be for me lol I got the skunk strike broken I got a hali about 12 inched and a white gulp grub and 3/8 jig first fish I caught on a jig . I usually fish the t rig but I have to learn more techniques as I was saying in the other post but all on all I had a blast

9newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fun fishing with you guys. Best mackerel slay fest of all year so far Thumbs Up

10newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Boya321

Boya321
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

man i was wondering were u were at i thought u were fishing with my brother then then my brother met up with me and lolly and the current and boat traffic was bad so we went in a little cove and my brother said he saw u haulin past us i guess thats when u were having problems with your tube glad u didnt get stranted but it was cool meting everyone hopefully the night gathering will bring some nice fish but congrats on the hali and sb

11newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

So how many of you guys are going to have "trolling motors" by next week?

12newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Boya321

Boya321
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[quote="Aquaholic38"]fished NH this morning : Jeffcpr, waxon, ed5000, Lolly, Boya321, beastyfishes, aquaholic.
and a strong current went from the inside harbor to open ocean as tide stared to get low. missed few bites and landed 2 sandies and 1 haliboooot! Very Happy
And my tube stared hissing!! and I was way the hell out there cuz the current, but thanx to the valve type I was able to add air oraly every 5 mnts and make it back and fish another 30mts by the castle. wich makes me think, up-grading to a nicer tube I wont have those valves anymore. (out cast, fish cat, etc) have those big valvs. I dont know if i wanna up-grade now... hmm:suspect:

my fishcat has two vavles one check vavle and one that lets the air completly out

13newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:24 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[quote="Boya321"]
Aquaholic38 wrote:fished NH this morning : Jeffcpr, waxon, ed5000, Lolly, Boya321, beastyfishes, aquaholic.

my fishcat has two vavles one check vavle and one that lets the air completly out
so you can add air oraly w/out the pump in an emergency? Do all tubes with big valves have that?

14newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:01 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I sure if you can get you lips on the valve you can blow up any float tube

15newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:22 pm

Boya321

Boya321
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

ya if u really had to you could do it on a fishcat but i dont know about other tubes

16newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:59 pm

BeastyFishies

BeastyFishies
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I knew you were gonna be on the fish aquaholic by the way you worked that harbor. I tried to stick with ya but that current was pretty beasty today. how far did you end up going out?? Nice fish looked like it paid off. Had lots of fun meeting all you guys today jeffcpr thanks for the invite. Hope to see you all on the 21st.

17newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:25 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

BeastyFishies wrote:I knew you were gonna be on the fish aquaholic by the way you worked that harbor. I tried to stick with ya but that current was pretty beasty today. how far did you end up going out?? Nice fish looked like it paid off. Had lots of fun meeting all you guys today jeffcpr thanks for the invite. Hope to see you all on the 21st.
I went all the way down to the channel. by the bridge (PCH BLVD) and on my way back i got as close to the docks as possible as current is weaker than the middle water.
It was fun fishing with old members as with the new! keep it up afro

18newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:So how many of you guys are going to have "trolling motors" by next week?
i missed that! hahaha a cordless drill with a prop? thats ingenius!salute

19newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:30 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sounds like a good time guys! Thanks for saving all those fish for the gathering!!

20newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:I too was under the impression that it was going to be HH scratch
and I just realized I wrote Newport Harbor istead of Huntington harbor! my bad hahaha See what happens when i get up realy early!confused

21newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:55 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
and I just realized I wrote Newport Harbor istead of Huntington harbor! my bad hahaha See what happens when i get up realy early!confused

lol!

22newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

n2deepfsw wrote:Sounds like a good time guys! Thanks for saving all those fish for the gathering!!

Ok truth is we were fitting all spotties caught with tracking device. You others guys are going down we have this gathering in the bag. Locked up just hand over the cash we have this one sewn up Cool

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

23newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:49 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Aquaholic38 wrote:
lol!

24newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:58 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
n2deepfsw wrote:Sounds like a good time guys! Thanks for saving all those fish for the gathering!!

Ok truth is we were fitting all spotties caught with tracking device. You others guys are going down we have this gathering in the bag. Locked up just hand over the cash we have this one sewn up Cool

lol!

25newpot harbor 4/15 12 Empty Re: newpot harbor 4/15 12 Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:06 pm

n2deepfsw wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:

lol!

2x lol! lol!

Too bad you guys will never find my honey hole. from sounds of it you guys where no where close today

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum