FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

LAB 4/28 with pic's

+6
wiseguy
Docrunner
IN2DEEP
CPT Kirk
wirelessbass
Hammer 4
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:19 pm

Lol it's all cool just kidding around. Seeing how your passing jig heads I'll take a few 1/4oz weed less . Are those the same jig heads as your 3/8

27LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:56 pm

aj7798

aj7798
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Hammer 4 wrote:
aj7798 wrote:Just went today because I got inspired to go because of the pics.. But got skunked unless you count a 5" halibut , but I dont silent

Hang in there AJ, with the out going tide mid morning, the bite is Tough for everyone. Sometimes luck plays a big role in catching fish at those low tide times.

I covered a BUNCH of water yesterday, and also threw a bait I've never used before, and my retrieves are also different than the normal slow roll. Think jiging for LMB's.. Wink
I think i will keep to LMB until i learn more about saltwater bass Thumbs Up

28LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Salt water bass are no different than LMB, except they live in salt water. And the bays are generally larger than the city park lakes you fish., and the only way you lean, just as in fresh water fishing, is to get out there and catch them. Wink

In fishing lmb's you get skunked every now and then, I know, I've been fishing for lmb's since 1973 and have been skunked plenty of times, as have I fishing for bay bass, it's all part of the game.

The good part about bay bass is, it cost's WAY less compared to fresh water, and the fish fight much harder.. Thumbs Up

29LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

@ Hammer,,,well said!
@ Everyone else, nice work out there fellas! Wish it would have been me but I was out early that day on the yak and in the wrong side of the bay. I should have known better...oh well as Hammer just said...all part of the game!

30LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:53 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote: and in the wrong side of the bay. I should have known better...oh well as Hammer just said...all part of the game!

what do you mean by this? Just curious.. what conditions made it the wrong side? Thx man..

31LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:05 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well first off...my gut told me to paddle over to the east side and back bay. But I ignored it. Also, if I would have been using my head, that is where the majority of LAB fish I have caught lately have been. The activity sucks on the west side right now. I fished an area that has been slow to nil, no birds, lousy current and no bait fish visible. I spent too much time being stubborn and fishing a zone that really I knew just wasn't happening. Most of all, I had the ability to cover as much water as I wanted pretty quickly, and failed to do so. I deserved to fail. I was a bad fisherman and a bad yaker. So that is how it goes when you don't do all the "little things" right. Wasn't a total loss though. I got exercise and bs'n with Hammer and fishing with Leaky tube is always a good thing and my daughter had fun and it was a beautiful day out there too. No way a total loss.

Just no feesh fo me is all...I want to cry...LOL! lol!

32LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:32 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

No worries IN2DEEP..just more info, and pic's for us to see.. Cool

Tom, was good seein ya out there, btw, nice yak Thumbs Up

Hope to see some of you guys out there next Sat.. Very Happy

33LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:34 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Here's a teaser pic
1/4oz weedless head
3 1/4" Rainbow Trout Lunkercity Shaker (makers of the sluggo)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Full write up on the making of this leadhead is here:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

34LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Looks Good. Do you happen to have them in a darker green, like an emerald green..?

35LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:51 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

These are the colors that Barlow's carries
I've only tried the rainbow trout and alewife
The 3.25 size works good
I tried the 4" size with poor results
Best thing about these, the price is right

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

36LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:20 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I meant the tri heads.. Very Happy

37LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Tue May 01, 2012 12:33 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:Well first off...my gut told me to paddle over to the east side and back bay. But I ignored it. Also, if I would have been using my head, that is where the majority of LAB fish I have caught lately have been. The activity sucks on the west side right now. I fished an area that has been slow to nil, no birds, lousy current and no bait fish visible. I spent too much time being stubborn and fishing a zone that really I knew just wasn't happening. Most of all, I had the ability to cover as much water as I wanted pretty quickly, and failed to do so. I deserved to fail. I was a bad fisherman and a bad yaker. So that is how it goes when you don't do all the "little things" right. Wasn't a total loss though. I got exercise and bs'n with Hammer and fishing with Leaky tube is always a good thing and my daughter had fun and it was a beautiful day out there too. No way a total loss.

Just no feesh fo me is all...I want to cry...LOL! lol!
a day out with your dghtr on a Yak is never a loss!! at all!! Very Happy

38LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Wed May 02, 2012 6:26 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sorry for the late response
I just saw that you meant the tri-head
I don't have any made, but I do have this color: watermelon / red flake
Close enough to emerald green?

39LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Wed May 02, 2012 6:39 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Absolutely..any dark type green works.. Thumbs Up

40LAB 4/28 with pic's - Page 2 Empty Re: LAB 4/28 with pic's Wed May 02, 2012 7:16 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Sorry for the late response
I just saw that you meant the tri-head
I don't have any made, but I do have this color: watermelon / red flake
Close enough to emerald green?
those are nice!! i take a dozen plz afro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]