FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by BenPhartin Today at 7:45 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

FTFF Workshop Discussion

+18
tjflyfisher
kg562
sLiM562
flyfishingfool
Leakytube
bassfishing24/7
motorazr
Tubinferbass
Dano67
Fisher
ed5000x
n2deepfsw
MASSfisher
bodfish
waxon67
.:LOLLY:.
wiseguy
jeffcpr
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:04 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Hi fellow FTFF Members hope the post finds everyone well, and enjoying their fishing so far this year. I am posting this message to get some input into a new endeavor that we are setting out to do soon. A few members here had an idea that was brought to me and after talking about it sounds like something I would like to attempt here at the Float Tube Fishing Forum.

We have a lot of members all over the place and have found that there are a lot of members that are new to the sport and have many questions that we are more than happy to help with. But sometimes it would be better to teach some of these things in person, and in these situations more can be taught and sometimes understood better.

So here is the idea we are going to be setting up the first Annual Float Tube Fishing Forum Workshop to teach new members, give members a chance to try something new, teach some fishing technique’s, and have some fun with a little competitions for some prizes. We are hammering out the locations possible for this, as well as the date that would work best.

The big idea is here is to give new members a chance to get into the water on a tube with others there to make sure they understand how to do it safely, but we also want to have some fun right.
We are looking at a big raffle prize to those that show up for the event, maybe a BBQ for the family the day of, and some stations set up for teaching knot tying, rod rack building, and lure rigging.

The possibilities are endless, but like I said the big idea is to give members a chance to use a tube they have not used before as well as teach safety to members that are new to the sport. I post this because we are looking for members that would be willing to help out however you feel you are able to help, and of course suggestions as well are always welcomed. We are going to make this happen one way or the other so please stay in touch with this thread to see what else is happening.

When we have all info in place we will let everyone know when and where this will take place. Thanks everyone and tight lines to all.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

2FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:13 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jeff, awsome idea bro! Let me know in whatever I can help out with. I have two extra tubes I can bring and let the new fellas try out and see which they will like to purchase once they are ready to buy their first tube. I wish I had that option when I was shopping for my tube. Kayaks you can try out before you buy!

3FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That is a sweet idea Jeff Thumbs Up
I would also like to help out anyway that I can!

4FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:42 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

wiseguy wrote:Jeff, awsome idea bro! Let me know in whatever I can help out with. I have two extra tubes I can bring and let the new fellas try out and see which they will like to purchase once they are ready to buy their first tube. I wish I had that option when I was shopping for my tube. Kayaks you can try out before you buy!

.:LOLLY:. wrote:That is a sweet idea Jeff Thumbs Up

Thanks guys for the input the tubes to lone for the day would be great that is the big idea hear. Free test rides to see what works best for you. Next I cannot take credit for this idea that goes to Waxon67 and ed5000x they are the Master Minds behind this one Thumbs Up

5FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:48 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
wiseguy wrote:Jeff, awsome idea bro! Let me know in whatever I can help out with. I have two extra tubes I can bring and let the new fellas try out and see which they will like to purchase once they are ready to buy their first tube. I wish I had that option when I was shopping for my tube. Kayaks you can try out before you buy!

.:LOLLY:. wrote:That is a sweet idea Jeff [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks guys for the input the tubes to lone for the day would be great that is the big idea hear. Free test rides to see what works best for you. Next I cannot take credit for this idea that goes to Waxon67 and ed5000x they are the Master Minds behind this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Awwww shucks.... Embarassed

6FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Guys,
here to help the tooners represent!

bodfish

7FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 9:57 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Jeff,
for this I would cancel work!

bodfish

8FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 10:16 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

bodfish wrote:
Hey Jeff,
for this I would cancel work!

bodfish

Very cool I hope you don't have to miss work but that is support thanks.

9FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 10:25 am

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool idea. Great way to get new people into the sport. If ya need help let me know...

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

10FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:

.:LOLLY:. wrote:That is a sweet idea Jeff Thumbs Up

Thanks guys for the input the tubes to lone for the day would be great that is the big idea hear. Free test rides to see what works best for you. Next I cannot take credit for this idea that goes to Waxon67 and ed5000x they are the Master Minds behind this one Thumbs Up

Thumbs Up

11FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Here is a short list geek of areas and things we could use help in.

1.Clip boards
2.flash cards
3.camera (s)
4.stop watch or ap etc
5.grill
6.charcoal or propane
7.paper goods eg cups, plates, forks etc
8.canopy ?
9.float tubes
10.fins
11.waders
12.pfds
13.floating boat cushions maybe for tube seating?
14.raffle hat or fish bowl etc
15.markers
16.cash box and money to start a drawer
17.location
18.time frame
19.date
20.beach towels in case someone gets wet
21.water bottles
22.cooler
23.food items eg main course and chips etc?
24.prizes
25.give away items eg "swag"

VOLUNTEERS

OK not a short list but some areas that would be helpful to the WorkShop. Please don't worry we are just brain storming and getting plans set. We will tell you when to worry.

12FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 09, 2012 8:53 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK LOLLY said he was willing to help out, we have wiseguy offering tubes to try out, and I just picked up a Caddis Pro 2000 so I have 3 tubes to offer up. Bodfish will represent the tooners and there are a few other willing to donate time and equipment to the Workshop.
We have a few locations planned out and it looks like a sandy beach would be the best location to do this. Being that we don't have to pay to enter a park. So dose anyone have some connections with place's like Irvine lake, LNL etc... were we could cut donw the entry fee if we were just there to give lessons, and instruct.
I am planning to make a few phone calls to talk to a few people, but any extra help in this would be great.

Thanks to those the are willing to help out already Thumbs Up

13FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

OK after cleaning out my classroom today during Star Testing I found some clipboards and 5x7 cards. I can donate this to the Workshop, along with my tubes, fins and an extra set of waders, size XL, and size small I think that is what they are, for the waders.

14FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 09, 2012 6:26 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have 2 or 3 extra pairs of cheap "snorkel" fins. On deployment we all bought snorkel gear while we stopped in Hawaii.....after deployment nobody wanted it anymore so I took it all lol. Not the most perfect fins for float tubing but I'm sure it could help.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

15FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 09, 2012 6:30 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Sweet that would be great thanks.

16FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 8:17 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

BUMP!

17FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 10:30 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

what bump

18FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 10:48 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Bump to the top Cool

19FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 1:25 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

whats bump mean i see that in other forums and i dont get what it means

20FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 1:32 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

It means that you are moving the thread to the top of the list on the "latest topics" at the top left of your screen. After a while of people posting in different threads, a certain thread (in this case this one)gets lost at the bottom.

Hope that helps because I kind of confused myself LOL

21FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:OK LOLLY said he was willing to help out, we have wiseguy offering tubes to try out, and I just picked up a Caddis Pro 2000 so I have 3 tubes to offer up. Bodfish will represent the tooners and there are a few other willing to donate time and equipment to the Workshop.
We have a few locations planned out and it looks like a sandy beach would be the best location to do this. Being that we don't have to pay to enter a park. So dose anyone have some connections with place's like Irvine lake, LNL etc... were we could cut donw the entry fee if we were just there to give lessons, and instruct.
I am planning to make a few phone calls to talk to a few people, but any extra help in this would be great.

Thanks to those the are willing to help out already [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baby Beach at Dana Point is a no pay parking, sandy access and almost no current, Perfect to try a tube from.

22FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 3:04 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey Jeff
looks like I can bring two toons, (gonna borrow one from a buddy of mine).

bodfish

23FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 3:39 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bump bump

24FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dano67 wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:OK LOLLY said he was willing to help out, we have wiseguy offering tubes to try out, and I just picked up a Caddis Pro 2000 so I have 3 tubes to offer up. Bodfish will represent the tooners and there are a few other willing to donate time and equipment to the Workshop.

Thanks to those the are willing to help out already [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Baby Beach at Dana Point is a no pay parking, sandy access and almost no current, Perfect to try a tube from.

Very cool thanks bro.

bodfish wrote:
Hey Jeff
looks like I can bring two toons, (gonna borrow one from a buddy of mine).

bodfish
that is also very cool the toons will be represented thanks Bodfish

ed5000x wrote:bump bump

bump bump bump

25FTFF Workshop Discussion Empty Re: FTFF Workshop Discussion Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Awesome I cant beleave I missed this post Embarassed Im down to help out with the fresh side of things. Im a noob to the salt with lil info to share or gear but I got all kinds of fresh gear an know how. Let me know I can set up BBQs an stuff like that... Plus I got A spare tube an fins for a first timmer if needed.

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum