FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Today at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Float tube Dock launch...how to

+6
wiseguy
NulodPBall
sonarbp
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
waxon67
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 8:17 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Someone brought this up to me and asked me if I could do it. I have never done this. Would anyone like to add some tips? I think I could get into the tube...getting back on the dock I'm not sure of.

2Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 8:43 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Why would you want to, well I guess if there was no other option on lauching this would be important to know. Ya I think getting in would be ok it is the getting back out part that would be the problem. I guess we could ask LOLLY he has some experiance in this. lol!

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 8:49 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Why would you want to, well I guess if there was no other option on lauching this would be important to know. Ya I think getting in would be ok it is the getting back out part that would be the problem. I guess we could ask LOLLY he has some experiance in this. lol!

Ya the "why" is a valid question. But the answer lies in the question...do you want to limit your access to new fishing grounds? Some places you just have to deal with obstacles to get there. If you want to go there. I also can see this as a valuable skill to have in general. I would like to have the confidence in knowing I could manage it on any given occasion.

4Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:04 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

True for the Harbors and bays it would be a safety issue. Getting out of the water were you are at might be the only option you have. There have been a few moments when I though dam that Seal is close I could just hop on that dock to get away from him if I needed to. Maybe we should try this next time out, just to see what happens.

5Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:17 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

In order to get in or out, the easiest way (to me) is without fins and right next to the dock cleat and inside the slip (for minimal to no current). To get out I face the dock, put both hands on your tube and lift yourself to get your feet under you and above your seat. Now you are on your knees. Grab the cleat for security and pull yourself as close to the dock as possible. Lastly, pull yourself onto the dock.

For the last part you want to be careful on how much leg pressure you use and the angle of your legs. You have to remember that if you use to much leg pressure at an angle, you can push your tube away from you causing you to go into the drink.

6Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

See I would think at least getting out I would keep my fins on. Grab the dock and use my arms to get a good hold them when getting out of the tube use my fins to trust me high out of the water and use the are and kick to get me up on the dock. Just me thinking out load I have never done this before.

7Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeff: That's exactly what I thought on my first attempt. I figured I'm a good swimmer, I've climbed in and out of pools this way hundreds of times, plus with fins on this would be cake.

What you fail to realize is the distance between the water and the top of the dock. It is higher than I thought it would be. But that was just my experience.

8Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:35 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey I'm willing to go out and do some drills on this if anyone else is. Actually, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm a big guy and I need the practice and I want the confidence. The crap that makes me nervous is the mussels that gather on the docks and the splinters.

9Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:44 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

.:LOLLY:. wrote:jeff: That's exactly what I thought on my first attempt. I figured I'm a good swimmer, I've climbed in and out of pools this way hundreds of times, plus with fins on this would be cake.

What you fail to realize is the distance between the water and the top of the dock. It is higher than I thought it would be. But that was just my experience.

Ya you got me there the dock is and could be much higher than the side of a pool.

waxon67 wrote:Hey I'm willing to go out and do some drills on this if anyone else is. Actually, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm a big guy and I need the practice and I want the confidence. The crap that makes me nervous is the mussels that gather on the docks and the splinters.

Good luck watch out for those splinters. If it works out ok we could make this part of the workshop buddy.

10Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:48 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:jeff: That's exactly what I thought on my first attempt. I figured I'm a good swimmer, I've climbed in and out of pools this way hundreds of times, plus with fins on this would be cake.

Ya you got me there the dock is and could be much higher than the side of a pool.

waxon67 wrote:Hey I'm willing to go out and do some drills on this if anyone else is. Actually, I'm going to do it anyway. I'm a big guy and I need the practice and I want the confidence. The crap that makes me nervous is the mussels that gather on the docks and the splinters.

Good luck watch out for those splinters. If it works out ok we could make this part of the workshop buddy.

Ha ha...so no practice for you eh?....ohhhhhhhh kkkkkkk Smile

11Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:51 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I would be willing to go out and practice (just depends when)

12Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:53 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I cannot go this weekend I would liek the practice as well. Maybe we can set up a date in like 2 weeks and get some practice then before or after we fish. But don't wait for me get out there at try it out guys.

13Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 9:58 am

sonarbp

sonarbp
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

From my experience the best way to launch from a dock or get out of the water onto the dock is to find a dock with a swimstep or ladder. They are all over the local harbors...just got to find them.

The next issue is that of trespassing. Most of the docks in the harbors are private.

If you guys do try and practice this maneuver please be very careful! Thumbs Up

14Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I forgot all about those ladders LOL
good one!

15Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Thu May 10, 2012 10:02 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya we would need to practice on the public docks our at least with the owners approval. But in and emergency I will take the trespassing fine screw it geek

16Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:07 am

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

LOL...similar to getting in and out of a kayak from a dock but harder...wondering if anyone got to practice?

EVERYTHING is easier without fins...oh, and don't worry, if you go in, you'll have to empty your waders anyway...

FYI: take your cell phones and cameras out of your pockets before you try...just sayin'

17Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:20 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

...am I the only one that can stand up on the tube and fish? Twisted Evil 

18Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:37 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Standing up on the tube is not against the law but standing up and peeing is lol

19Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:46 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wiseguy wrote:...am I the only one that can stand up on the tube and fish? Twisted Evil 

I'll believe it when I see it! I almost tried it one time but my balance is way too shitty on flat land, I could only imagine how it'll be standing on a tube... although, I was able to kneel on it during an emergency.......

20Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:55 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

jeffcpr wrote:I cannot go this weekend I would liek the practice as well.  Maybe we can set up a date in like 2 weeks and get some practice then before or after we fish.  But don't wait for me get out there at try it out guys.
Please let me know when you guys plan on doing this. I want to be there with my video recorder. I think I could make $10,000 with that video! green happy 

21Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:11 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've seen aquaholic walk around his entire tube searching for his dog!

22Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:13 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

While making a samich.... Ask him

23Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:13 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

fisheromen wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:I cannot go this weekend I would liek the practice as well.  Maybe we can set up a date in like 2 weeks and get some practice then before or after we fish.  But don't wait for me get out there at try it out guys.
Please let me know when you guys plan on doing this.  I want to be there with my video recorder.  I think I could make $10,000 with that video! green happy 
ya that would be an easy $10,000 for sure

n2deepfsw wrote:I've seen aquaholic walk around his entire tube searching for his dog!
n2deepfsw wrote:While making a samich.... Ask him
Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz 

24Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:14 pm

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

fisheromen wrote:
Please let me know when you guys plan on doing this.  I want to be there with my video recorder.  I think I could make $10,000 with that video! green happy 
You probably could have made some money video taping while I attempted to eskimo roll my inflatable kayak in my pool...when I asked the manufacturer about rolling he said he wanted video if I could do it. I wore a helmet and my g/f said that I'd roll, then with the kayak upside down there was a lot of thrashing until I would give up and bail...repeatedly...I was determined to go 360. Apparently my model was designed to not go over easily. Smile

25Float tube Dock launch...how to Empty Re: Float tube Dock launch...how to Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:17 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

n2deepfsw wrote:I've seen aquaholic walk around his entire tube searching for his dog!
I can't believe that you said that lmao he knew were his dog was when he started walking  lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum