FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by jeffcpr Today at 2:26 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Today at 1:07 pm

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Today at 12:32 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:28 pm

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Yesterday at 12:20 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

» I tried fishing during the actual eclipse
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» Here BIG kitty kitty
by SP Dan Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:59 pm

» Murray report 3/28
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:46 pm

» Puddingstone gathering is in the books
by david886720 Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:42 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray 3/20
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series

+16
Tubinferbass
bassfishing24/7
itchybass
sonarbp
.:LOLLY:.
Leakytube
Dano67
Castomatic1
waxon67
Hammer 4
ed5000x
Docrunner
jeffcpr
wiseguy
Aquaholic38
n2deepfsw
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

176Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

LOL... it's all pretty easy with programs nowadays. It's all just drag and drop. Pretty intuitive. The thing that takes the longest, and most thinking for me, is sometimes trying to find royalty-free decent music.

But thanks guys... seriously, I whipped this together yesterday, but I wanted to add the LeakyTube winning fish at the beginning, once I found out he was Mr. BigFish. I had some video of Ed and Brian, but they sucked. The GoPro is pretty much only good for up-close-and-personal video in daylight. Any distance, and the wide-angle lens make people (and fish) look tiny.

LeakyTube.. I got this (older model) on ebay, and the older model (Hero1?) is dropping on Amazon (new). I think it's as low as $180 new. I just reach up and press the top button for on and off. It makes a series of beeps when it stops video. I have a few extra batteries, that I swap in and out when it runs out. Batteries are the limiting factor. 32GB card will record forever. (well.. maybe not for the marathon session you and Waxon did..)

177Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:44 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cool video Doc...

178Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome video! sorry i missed this one, but the wife and I were out late watching movies! saw Prometheus,.. so epic! lol

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

179Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Awesome video Jay and good job out there

180Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bassfishing24/7 wrote:Nice to meet u guys today,thanx to vagabond for the tips.i packed up my Tube after a couple of hours of struggleing thru the water,i missed a couple while On it,but i did manage a couple from shore including a nice 2+ lber.

Glad you made out ok I was starting to worry about you when I couldn't see you anymore. Honestly that was not a good day to be on the water for the first time tubing it was a bit windy and there was alot of current, I got leg cramps twice trying to get around and had to tie off to bouye to take a rest. Try hitting a local lake to get the hang of it or some place further in the bay where it is calmer and you can figure how to move and what works. My first time I was all over Jenks lake I looked like a bee struggling on the surface of the water.

Damn bud if you had brought that 2 lber in you would have won 2 of the pots! But it was from shore and not a tube so maybe not.

181Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Good to see the turnout for the NB tourney! Hope to fish with you all again soon. Old as dirt Lagunacoconut lol.

182Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Vagabond wrote:
bassfishing24/7 wrote:Nice to meet u guys today,thanx to vagabond for the tips.i packed up my Tube after a couple of hours of struggleing thru the water,i missed a couple while On it,but i did manage a couple from shore including a nice 2+ lber.

Glad you made out ok I was starting to worry about you when I couldn't see you anymore. Honestly that was not a good day to be on the water for the first time tubing it was a bit windy and there was alot of current, I got leg cramps twice trying to get around and had to tie off to bouye to take a rest. Try hitting a local lake to get the hang of it or some place further in the bay where it is calmer and you can figure how to move and what works. My first time I was all over Jenks lake I looked like a bee struggling on the surface of the water.

Damn bud if you had brought that 2 lber in you would have won 2 of the pots! But it was from shore and not a tube so maybe not.

Dude! Where have you been!!?????

183Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:11 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok I'm calling foul! Leakytube weighed his fish with the jig head and plastic still in it! omg that is atleast a 1.4 oz jig head and .2 of plastic so his fish was only .2 oz! I want a recount!

j/k bro congrats, ya did a good job eh.

184Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:14 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

I havn't fished in about 4-5 weeks been doing alot of cycling and working on bikes. And I cleared out alot of my outdoor gear and fishing tackle at the Minni's swapmeet, mostly stuff I had alot of or will never use. You need to get out of that boat and back in your tube bro!

185Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Vagabond wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

I havn't fished in about 4-5 weeks been doing alot of cycling and working on bikes. And I cleared out alot of my outdoor gear and fishing tackle at the Minni's swapmeet, mostly stuff I had alot of or will never use. You need to get out of that boat and back in your tube bro!

I would like to.. same with me. Work has been just too hectic. Looking to get back in the groove! Let's fish soon! If I take my boat out and I invite you, will you go? Wink

186Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:53 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
Vagabond wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

I would like to.. same with me. Work has been just too hectic. Looking to get back in the groove! Let's fish soon! If I take my boat out and I invite you, will you go? Wink

Heck yeah I'll even sell my float tube to pay for gas and food! Let me know what I need for tackle so I can make sure I have it or respool it.

187Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:25 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

LC I think I remember someone by that sign on here on the board, good to know your back and alive

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

188Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:51 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:

Thanx again vagabond for ur concern,my left fin was kinda jacked up so i had to use my right to do the turning,im gonna get a different pair of fins and i will get out to lake to practice next time.hope i can make it out to the next event.

189Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bassfishing24/7 wrote:
Vagabond wrote:

Thanx again vagabond for ur concern,my left fin was kinda jacked up so i had to use my right to do the turning,im gonna get a different pair of fins and i will get out to lake to practice next time.hope i can make it out to the next event.

The next event is at the LAB... so that's pretty calm water and not as spread out as NPH. Just need to keep an eye out for the a-hole outrigger boaters trying to run you over. Ask Waxon..

190Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:58 am

Dano67

Dano67

jeffcpr wrote:LC I think I remember someone by that sign on here on the board, good to know your back and alive

Did he come down in a walker with an innertube? Cat gut line and a cane pole with a shiner for bait? I dont believe it, he is like BigFoot. Did anyone actually get a picture? .......I didnt think so!

191Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I can't find the orig thread with the dates and locations of the events in the FTF Series.

I'm pretty sure the next event is at the LAB.. but what date/time again?
Also, I think the original had a few event incorrectly listed as Sunday evenings?

Miller, can you post up a revised current schedule? Looking forward to it..
Thanks.. -Jay

192Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I "think" the LAB is July 15th..?

I'm seriously thinking of doing that one... Red Smile

193Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 pm

Docrunner wrote:I can't find the orig thread with the dates and locations of the events in the FTF Series.

I'm pretty sure the next event is at the LAB.. but what date/time again?
Also, I think the original had a few event incorrectly listed as Sunday evenings?

Miller, can you post up a revised current schedule? Looking forward to it..
Thanks.. -Jay

Post is up now. check it out

Last edited by miller on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total

194Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Put a link :-(

195Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Dano67 wrote:Put a link :-(

I did, you must have missed it lol!

196Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:10 am

Dano67

Dano67

As always!

197Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:04 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SO HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO MAKE IT TO THE NEXT GATHERING/SERIES AT THE LAB
bounce

http://www.wmcinc.com

198Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:05 am

Leakytube

Leakytube
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Round #2 Sponsered by Hook-Rbaits

July 15th at the L.A.B.
meet up/sign in location between 6-6:30am
and check in will be at the same location at 2:00pm-2:30pm.

5481 E Ocean Blvd, Long Beach

Bass only - Spottie, Sand Bass and Calico
3 fish limit for series only - Live Weight In
13" size limit
No cut/live bait.
Series is for "Members Only"
Gathering is open to ALL

$5.00 tackle donation for gathering/series
$10.00 sign up fee for Series portion
$5.00 Series entry fee

"optional"
$5.00 Side Bet for Larest Spottie
$5.00 Side Bet for Larest Fish

This is Float tube or Toons only.

Once you check in you can go and fish anywhere inside of the bay that is legal to fish.
outside of jettys and anywhere not legal to fish will be disqualifed.

If anyone has any question feel free to give me a call 714-580-0973

http://www.wmcinc.com

199Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:07 am

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

im there fer sure!!!!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

200Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series - Page 8 Empty Re: Rd. #1 - OTS Bait Gathering/Series Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

yep i be there

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum