FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

best type of fins for tubing

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1best type of fins for tubing Empty best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:32 pm

evosamurai

evosamurai
FTFF Gathering Officer

hey guys looking for fins, i actually bought some US Diver Hingeflex II and haven't tried them out yet, was wondering what everyones take on them is. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] today I was at sport chalet and they have a ton of fins, im willing to spend the money on a great fin, do tubers need a more firm fin for thrust? I asked the guy at sport chalet he said depends on kicking style, but i dont know my style. looking at these [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or if you guys can check out all the fins here and give me some other options im kinda stuck on what to buy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] my buddy is a diver and says the mares volo are great, but im tubing so not quite sure. thank for any help guys.

2best type of fins for tubing Empty Re: best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I myself use dive Fins,I have a pair of imprex tri ex Fins.they work pretty good for me.if ur looking to invest,ive heard the force Fins r top notch or hot spot Fins r a bit cheaper.

3best type of fins for tubing Empty Re: best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 pm

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I use the hotspot fins and I love them. They are about $70 at turner's

4best type of fins for tubing Empty Re: best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:54 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I have the Mares Volo, only in a closed heel fin. These are meant for racing, and as such are fairly long fins compared to diving/snorkeling fins. while you can get some decent speed out of them, they require more leg power to get them going, and they take some getting use to with regards to maneuvering your tube in tight spaces. They are imho great for long kicks, although they will tend to tire your legs out a tad quicker that shorter fins.

And for reference, i fish out of a fishcat that sits pretty high out of the water, only my knees down to my feet are in the water, also, being almost 64 yrs old, anyone can use these it's just a matter of personal preference. On a side note, I'd be happy to drag race anyone here for 25 yards... Red Smile

5best type of fins for tubing Empty Re: best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:20 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i have some big 5 fins, they are really short but i just got them because i really wanted a pair of fins just to tube and was in a rush so i just bought the cheapest ones i saw. It was my first time going out on my tube and didn't know but IMO my fins suck lol! Im looking to buy a new and longer pair of fins.

6best type of fins for tubing Empty Re: best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:26 pm

evosamurai

evosamurai
FTFF Gathering Officer

thanks for the quick feedback guys your comments are appreciated. But since I already have those US Diver Hingeflex II's you think I should give them a try or just take them back??

7best type of fins for tubing Empty Re: best type of fins for tubing Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:43 pm

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

evosamurai wrote:thanks for the quick feedback guys your comments are appreciated. But since I already have those US Diver Hingeflex II's you think I should give them a try or just take them back??

Give them a try, if your not happy, you can always sell them, or keep them for loaners or back ups.. green happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum