FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by jeffcpr Today at 9:46 am

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

laguna niguel fishing for trout

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty laguna niguel fishing for trout Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:02 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Can anyone tell me what is a good spot to fish for trout at laguna niguel? scratch this is going to be my first time out there. Oh and does the line to get in the lake, is it as bad as corona lake? Any additional information will help.
Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvXbCKuQvDqfXdaWYIyZgJQ

2laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:32 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have fished there in the past I love the lake and the fishing there, just to much $$$ for me now a days.

As for locations the lake is small enough that you can fish just about anywhere and do just fine. I think that it is the west side (the dam) I think most people head for for trout.

As for the line I don't know if it is a trout openner you might see a line the other thing to think of is I believe there is a limit as to the number of people the let in for these events. I could be wrong on some or all the info but this is what I remembers for the most part. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The trout school roam all along the shore so almost any spot has it's on and off moments. As far as line yeah there usually is a line to get into the lake but the size varies on what day you go and what the weather is like out here and if they just got planted so you never can tell. Oh yeah and the line will start in the plaza parking lot before the lake along the back alley... not at the lake gate/entrance.

4laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:39 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Vagabond wrote:The trout school roam all along the shore so almost any spot has it's on and off moments. As far as line yeah there usually is a line to get into the lake but the size varies on what day you go and what the weather is like out here and if they just got planted so you never can tell. Oh yeah and the line will start in the plaza parking lot before the lake along the back alley... not at the lake gate/entrance.

Im planning to be out there on the 8th. Ill probably be tubing it, well most likely I will lol. So being that the opener is during the week do you guys think its going to be crowded? Im only asking cuss of the drive and I will have to go straight out there right after work.

5laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Just noticed you are coming from Pomona, me personally I wouldn't go there opening weekend and I live 15 min away not an hour lol. I'd let a few stockings go by and see how the reports are, I've heard great and terrible things fishing opener weekend there. Once they stock it a few times the fishing should be good or atleast less of a chance of a total skunk which I have never had there that I can think of.
Also if there is rain out here don't bother coming out as the lake gets totally murky from silt and bird crap making fishing almost impossible unless your using powerbait.

If launching a tube you want to go almost to the very far right of the lake when facing the lake and there is a small paved ramp with carpet in the water at the end, kind of hard to spot but that is where tubers launch from. If you see any idiots set up fishing on the ramp like they are not supposed to feel free to kick their stuff in the water and make a ton of noise getting in or just snag their lines on your way out =). And watch out for cast-a-bubbles and 2 oz pyrimid sinkers coming at you from shore.

6laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:57 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Good looking out. you are right about the drive, I mean dont take me wrong I will drive up to 3 hour out of my way for a good fishing day Very Happy any time but being that its the opener I have heard a few good things from my friend that was out there last year for thier opener. As for the cast-a-bubbles and 2 oz pyrimid sinkers coming at me from shore lol! Ill be ready for them as long as they get ready for a few black eye lol! oh and ill make sure of kicking thier stuff into the water, ill just blame it on my fins lol . If I end up going Ill make sure to post it if was good or not but till then I have to have a back up plan just incase I decide to hit a diffrent lake. Once again thanks for the heads up Thumbs Up

7laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:15 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

anyplace to the right of the concession stand/boat dock or farther down near the launch ramp are best bets for shore fishing.

8laguna niguel fishing for trout Empty Re: laguna niguel fishing for trout Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If for some reason LNL is a bust you are not that far away from Irvine Lake, about 15-20 minute drive on streets. If you go good luck out there!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum