FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

you guys just made me change gears!!!

+7
Docrunner
Sheriffdad
jmericle
.:LOLLY:.
Chomps
jeffcpr
SoCalFishKilla
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:The pockets are still plenty big with the cup holders in there. I have so much stuff in those pockets that it's ridiculous. I could only imagine how much more stuff I would have if I use the space where the cup holders are at LOL

haha yeah.. they look like pretty mean pockets!! and think i may be able to share the real estate with some icey beverages! drunken

27you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You can always put a mini cooler in the back v behind the seat

28you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:50 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:You can always put a mini cooler in the back v behind the seat

very true.. also thanks for bringing up the question i actually failed to ask..
do things tend to get soaked back there?

29you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SoCalFishKilla wrote:

Everything you put back there will get wet. Just get a 5 gallon bucket from homedepot with a lid and your good to go with an instant trunk!

30you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm

Gatorfan

Gatorfan
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

[/quote]Everything you put back there will get wet.[/quote]

Ha ha, I found that out the hard way on my first outing! So, this last time out I put a small "cube" cooler in the back and just took the lid off. It kept my drinks cold and it held my tackle bag in place. If you look at the picture ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) of my tube, it looks like my tackle backpack could easily fall off. It is actually sitting in the cooler just enough to keep it secure. I think it would take a pretty big wake to knock it off.

31you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:
SoCalFishKilla wrote:

Everything you put back there will get wet. Just get a 5 gallon bucket from homedepot with a lid and your good to go with an instant trunk!

GOOD EYE WISEGUY!!.. sounds like a simple and effective solution.. haha i like the way you put it.. INSTANT TRUNK!! Thumbs Up

32you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Gatorfan wrote:
Everything you put back there will get wet.[/quote]

Ha ha, I found that out the hard way on my first outing! So, this last time out I put a small "cube" cooler in the back and just took the lid off. It kept my drinks cold and it held my tackle bag in place. If you look at the picture ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) of my tube, it looks like my tackle backpack could easily fall off. It is actually sitting in the cooler just enough to keep it secure. I think it would take a pretty big wake to knock it off.[/quote]

Looks like a pretty smooth FIX!!.. cooler will also be an OPTION!! Thumbs Up

33you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SoCalFishKilla wrote:
wiseguy wrote:
SoCalFishKilla wrote:

GOOD EYE WISEGUY!!.. sounds like a simple and effective solution.. haha i like the way you put it.. INSTANT TRUNK!! Thumbs Up
I made a liner out of a plastic tarp because I put pillows behind my sit (fat cat delux) cuz that's where my doggy rides. The liner stays with Velcro. Works awesome Smile

34you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Aquaholic38 wrote:
SoCalFishKilla wrote:
wiseguy wrote:
SoCalFishKilla wrote:

I made a liner out of a plastic tarp because I put pillows behind my sit (fat cat delux) cuz that's where my doggy rides. The liner stays with Velcro. Works awesome Smile

haha.. niice!!..

35you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:51 pm

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Fishkilla welcome to the forum. The fishing buddy is a great FF for the price but FF can get expensive depending on what you want. I have a Lowrance Elite 5 with gps for finding structure and fish on them and being able to go back to them. Also when fishing tournments you need all the edge you can get. You can have a FF without all the wire on them as you stated all you have to do is shorten the wire with some sodering skills which you can see in my setup.

36you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:03 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hobie278 wrote:Fishkilla welcome to the forum. The fishing buddy is a great FF for the price but FF can get expensive depending on what you want. I have a Lowrance Elite 5 with gps for finding structure and fish on them and being able to go back to them. Also when fishing tournments you need all the edge you can get. You can have a FF without all the wire on them as you stated all you have to do is shorten the wire with some sodering skills which you can see in my setup.

haha, thanks Hobie!.. now you got me thinkin'... since i am going to be saving quite a bit of money sporting that Cumberland... i may just make a solid investment elsewhere.. i shall see what i find.. and go from there... may just bump up the finder a tad..

37you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:09 pm

hobie278

hobie278
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I got mine at West Marine they have great deals there if you have one close to you check them out.

38you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

hobie278 wrote:I got mine at West Marine they have great deals there if you have one close to you check them out.

actually i took a quick gander.. and i saw the Lowrance elite 4x color... and elite 4x-dsi.. both under $200.00... but i would then need to get the float tube fanatics mount
..hmmmm study scratch

39you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

OHHH... and by the way!!.. i just got my simms blackfoot in today!!.. feel pretty damn nice... buuut.. are a bit long... although feels pretty managable..

40you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The wader are supposed to have enough in there so you can squat down and touch your heels with your but. Or have one leg on the ground and lift your other leg onto a chair as if you were going to climb on to the chair. When I first got my waders I also thought they were too long until I heard I was supposed to be able to do movements such as the ones mentioned above. Turns out they were perfect length. They seem long when standing straight but you need the extra material when you're moving around.

41you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:20 am

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:The wader are supposed to have enough in there so you can squat down and touch your heels with your but. Or have one leg on the ground and lift your other leg onto a chair as if you were going to climb on to the chair. When I first got my waders I also thought they were too long until I heard I was supposed to be able to do movements such as the ones mentioned above. Turns out they were perfect length. They seem long when standing straight but you need the extra material when you're moving around.

especially if you are out on the water during a long sesh and have to pee in a bottle! affraid

42you guys just made me change gears!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: you guys just made me change gears!!! Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:32 am

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Docrunner wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:The wader are supposed to have enough in there so you can squat down and touch your heels with your but. Or have one leg on the ground and lift your other leg onto a chair as if you were going to climb on to the chair. When I first got my waders I also thought they were too long until I heard I was supposed to be able to do movements such as the ones mentioned above. Turns out they were perfect length. They seem long when standing straight but you need the extra material when you're moving around.

especially if you are out on the water during a long sesh and have to pee in a bottle! affraid

thanks Lolly.. cause they are pretty bad ass and i was like fuggh.. maybe i should have gone to try on rather than on-line it..

and you a Foo Doc.. but thanks.. was actually wonderin' how that was supposed to go down! lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum