FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

fish finder and pole holder mount

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fish finder and pole holder mount Empty fish finder and pole holder mount Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:39 pm

Stamper

FTFF Gathering Officer

This is my first post so id like to start by saying hi. I came up with a design i liked so i built this, take it easy on me its my first one lol. The center tube is adjustable up and down and will rotate 180 degrees and will hold the transponder at the bottom and i ran the wire up through the tube and im gonna mount the humminbird 170 unit on the top cap. I also put a rod holder on one end but I just need to figure out how much tube i want coming up from it. I may put another rod holder on the rear of it straight up? I havent glued any of this together yet so any suggestions are welcome!

2fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:06 pm

Stamper

FTFF Gathering Officer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:29 pm

jjvalencia

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

welcome to the fourm! your rack looks sweet! this fourm has plenty of info that is very helpful hope you enjoy it!! salute

4fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:03 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome!!! I got lots of ideas for road holders but ED5000x designed and made mine haha!!

5fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:02 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum. Very interesting design indeed, which was touched upon. Rather than doing a punch through for a T, others have used a quad, or cross for strength. Of course, none of us going to put a 25lbs unit of pressure on the thing, so, your design is just as good, and save a buck or two in the process.

Now, just a suggestion though. You probably measure the clearance height for your fish finder unit, and enough clearance depth for the transducer unit below. It may be a tad too high up in the water to create possible feedback by the sonar, and it's slightly high, causing the screen to sway back and forth. If you've field tested, and it works without a hitch, both of my thumbs up are pointing at you buddy.

6fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Stamper

FTFF Gathering Officer

Yeah I was looking for a cross but couldn't find one local so I just cut out a tee. What depth should the transducer be mounted at? Thanks for the help

7fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

stamper, suggestion for you is to place the display unit as low on the body of the float tube as you can. This will prevent the top-heavy from shifting/tipping the lighter weight of the transducer down below.

As for the transducer, it should be at least below the lowest depth of the bladders' base. The best depth would be 6" to 8" below the base of the bladders' base. This will maximize sonar broadcasting, and minimize interference from your butt/legs/fins, which will yield false movement return. Don't mount the transducer too close to your legs either. It should be close to the center of the tube, and towards the front as much as possible. Mine is practically in the front, and at the center-bottom of my float/pontoon, 12" below the water.

8fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Stamper

FTFF Gathering Officer

I'll post another pic to see what you think but I had the tube that holds the transducer and display slide way up in the pic I think it will slide down far enough to be 6" below.

9fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:02 pm

Stamper

FTFF Gathering Officer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:25 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Excellent. Just make sure that the most effective sonar broadcasting is 6" to 8" below the base of the float. The optimal is 12" to 16". If you hit the mark for your design, you're golden. Just make sure to protect your tube from accidental snag from the metallic components and rough/sharp edges. Not fun to be sinking during an excursion in deep water. Just curious about how stable that frame may be when you have a tall rod off-setting the weight of the transducer and the display unit as the rod sways in the wind/wave. Trial and error?

11fish finder and pole holder mount Empty Re: fish finder and pole holder mount Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:47 pm

Stamper

FTFF Gathering Officer

Yeah all trial & error. I'm in ohio and mainly use this on ponds and smaller lakes shouldn't really ever see any big waves or anything

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum