FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

First tube mission with flys at sfd

+2
jeffcpr
TonyLisa
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty First tube mission with flys at sfd Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:29 pm

TonyLisa

FTFF Gathering Officer

Went to try my new float tube for a short 2 hour session and caught a bunch of small gills on black bead head nymph, Lisa stocked up on some lost tackle which was a plus lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:47 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Dude nice work on the fly congrats on the nes tube as well looks great on the water

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:53 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TonyLisa wrote: Went to try my new float tube for a short 2 hour session and caught a bunch of small gills on black bead head nymph, Lisa stocked up on some lost tackle which was a plus lol [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice catch. This is my home lake also. There is tons of largemouth in the dam. Just gotta work a little to find the pattern. All along the north wall across from the parking is great. Drop shot technique I found to be the most productive. Send a shout out on your next launch I'll be more than happy to fish with you all. Tight lines. Thumbs Up

4First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:57 am

TonyLisa

FTFF Gathering Officer

Nice catch. This is my home lake also. There is tons of largemouth in the dam. Just gotta work a little to find the pattern. All along the north wall across from the parking is great. Drop shot technique I found to be the most productive. Send a shout out on your next launch I'll be more than happy to fish with you all. Tight lines. Thumbs Up [/quote] yeah in like 8 min from there I'm usually there after 6 when they stop charging but for sure ill let you know, might go again Saturday but not to sure yet

5First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:04 pm

chevyblue01

FTFF Gathering Officer

What lake is this? I'm not hip on the abbreviations yet Sad

6First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:04 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

chevyblue01 wrote:What lake is this? I'm not hip on the abbreviations yet Sad

LOL Very Happy . You are not alone buddy. There are some abbreviations that have me scratching my head. Anyway...SFD stands for Santa Fe Dam. up in the San Gabriel valley.

7First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 am

mightyminnow25

mightyminnow25
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

they don't charge after 6pm? Do they charge for launching too?

8First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:55 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well they have asked me once for a launch ticket. Didn't have one. U was asked to get out and go purchase one. Had gone several times before and was not ever asked. They only allow you on the water between 7am & 4:30pm. Parking is $10 and the launch few was $7

9First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:10 am

mightyminnow25

mightyminnow25
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Oh okay. So its pretty much like puddingstone. 10 bucks to get in and 7 dollars for launch fee which is kind of a rip off in my opinion. Thats why I started tubing in the salt too.. getting expensive Razz

10First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:12 am

.:LOLLY:.

.:LOLLY:.
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Plus the salt is A LOT closer to Long Beach! That's the same reason why I fish the salt more than the fresh. You also get a chance at bigger fish in the salt

11First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:19 am

mightyminnow25

mightyminnow25
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yeah thats the only down part. The closest lake that I like going to is puddingstone or castaic lagoon and it's about an hour drive. Not like when I was growing up in MN. I can just bike to the lake. LAB is super close by

12First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:39 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah!!! Another downfall is the lake is overfished. Them big bass are tough to catch but they are there. Have not been to castaic myself. Hope to hit that soon enough. Maybe we can get a gathering out there. Alot of us hit lake perris last month. It was a great time. You get to meet new faces and make new buds. We hit Newport last Sunday it was off the hook. Pulled about 2 dozen bass. Going back tomorrow am. I know you are going LAB. Let us know if your plans change. Good luck out there.

13First tube mission with flys at sfd Empty Re: First tube mission with flys at sfd Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:51 am

mightyminnow25

mightyminnow25
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

fatboy531 wrote:Yeah!!! Another downfall is the lake is overfished. Them big bass are tough to catch but they are there. Have not been to castaic myself. Hope to hit that soon enough. Maybe we can get a gathering out there. Alot of us hit lake perris last month. It was a great time. You get to meet new faces and make new buds. We hit Newport last Sunday it was off the hook. Pulled about 2 dozen bass. Going back tomorrow am. I know you are going LAB. Let us know if your plans change. Good luck out there.

I am definitely up for a meet up! I haven't gone tubing at castaic yet but I like fishing there. I actually went camping there last month for a weekend and it was really nice. Best part fishing the lagoon is that its pretty much still water. They only allow boats with electric engines and even then, not a lot of boaters there, they fish the upper lakes for strippers. But yeah, I would like to meet up and fish with you guys. The most I've ever caught at LAB was about 6 in one day and its off mussels. Largest one is only 9" and the rest were super tiny babies. But then again, I was only fishing by the docks off the sandy beach. Too scared to go out by myself so hopefully that changes tomorrow since for the first time, I'll be tubing with another person Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum