FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Today at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jungle Night sesh

+4
SoCalFishKilla
wiseguy
Tony G Fishing
.:LOLLY:.
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Jungle Night sesh Empty Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:05 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Went out tubing last night with a few buddies. I get to the spot at 515pm on the dot and I was the first one there. I figured I would take advantage of the situation and I got suited and booted. Got to the launch spot and decided to wait for the guys there. I start blind casting for  nothing when I notice the guys showed up. Night time is upon as and we're kicking our way to the spot. Overall it was a slow night for me. I had to work hard to get my bites.

SKUNK BUSTER! Got this guy on a war head with a 4" fishbones lure in Christmas Tree.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Usually this place likes to be worked vertically but last night I had to work for it at an angle and keep it tight to the bottom. I noticed that when I got this sandy working it the same way I got the sculpin.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When I lapped the Sandy he burped up a sandworm that was still alive. I thought that was pretty cool.

I wonder how everyone else did since I had to bail at 9pm?

2Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:08 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Oh and I forgot to mention the bioluminescent water last night. I always enjoy splashing around in glow in the dark water Thumbs Up 

3Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:22 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yo Lolly,

WTG!

yeah it was a tuff bite, i manged a small rock fish and lost about 4 on not setting the hook right....man they kept getting off....Socalfishkilla was next to me when i was on and it got off, sucked lol didnt get a pic of the one i caught, i picked it up on a clear with orange/red big hammer with an orange WARHEAD weedless, not that weedles cuz it got caught up and i lost it and then lost another lure hahah oh well......great time!!!!!!!!!

thanks

Tony G

4Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:29 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice session guys! Good pics Alfredo!

5Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:33 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Oh and I forgot to mention the bioluminescent water last night. I always enjoy splashing around in glow in the dark water Thumbs Up 
I was actually tripping on that, i was like WTH lol but figured it cant be that bad if were all in here lol but yeah it real cool....

6Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:06 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

it was good getting out... it was a little tough.. i did manage to land 5 (smaller models) after losing a couple myself..
had a little extra play time while fatboy hooked into two behemoth @ss monsters.. had him rolling around the bay for a good little bit.. i have no idea what it was.. but he hooked into the same thing twice.. it didn't even break a sweat.. would just decide to head to the abyss.. and "POP" they were sawing off his 30lb braid like NOTHING!!
but overall had a good time meeting up with you guys for a little mid-week slayage!! salute 

7Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great looking catches. Burped up its dinner after snagging yours? No 

8Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:04 pm

mbrito88

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice fish .:LOLLY:. that's cool about the sand bass he musta been nervous those sandies they're so shy lol i caught my pb spottie in the bioluminescence i was on a dock n as i reeled it up i watched the water n bubbles around it glow as it swam n thrashed before i landed it. I thought it was the coolest

9Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:58 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was fustrated about losing a S**t load of lead heads. When on one cast and retrieve I felt I had snagged on something once again. Paddled back to where I thought the snag was when my line moved around a piling . It had me baffled couldn't figure out why that happen. Then again it went around a second piling. So I began to follow to try and pull out what this was. Managed to bring it to the center of the pilings. When this creature  decided to run down as far as he could. Pulled like a beast. I'm pretty strong and can pull some wait. But this thing str8 punked me. Broke off after running into the abyss. It happen twice. I began to think after. I might have linked into several more just didn't realize what was happening until that all happen. Caught a sandy. Beat the skunk. Overall a good time fishing with cool heads. Let's do it again soon.

10Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's some crazy stuff Fatboy. I bet you blood was pumping real good.

11Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:21 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:That's some crazy stuff Fatboy. I bet you blood was pumping real good.

YEAH!!! I was a bit confused. Couldn't figure out what it was. Just dead weight. Then went it saw an opening to run down. That's exactly what it did. Took out yards in 2 solid pulls. Yeah the blood was flowing. After we pulled out of the pilings heading back. Right outside of there it happen again. Socalfishkilla and I were in disbelief. We kinda didn't want to find out what it was. I dont think I tired that beast out one bit. Sad 

12Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:23 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

There's always next time Thumbs Up 

13Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:27 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:There's always next time Thumbs Up 
Good work out there bro. Nice sculpin I thought it was rock fish when I seen it yesterday. Until next time:idea: 

14Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:34 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

It was coo meeting up with u guys.......Weekend here would b cool...launch early......stay a bit longer.........just a thought

15Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:40 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:It was coo meeting up with u guys.......Weekend here would b cool...launch early......stay a bit longer.........just a thought
Another spot I've been wanting to hit is Dana point. Anyone know that harbor?

16Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

I don't but i know where to launch from...this guy I work with does charity work with the peeps from dana wharf...he showed me where to launch from.....I'm game...I've been wanting to that harbor myself....

17Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:47 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:I don't but i know where to launch from...this guy I work with does charity work with the peeps from dana wharf...he showed me where to launch from.....I'm game...I've been wanting to that harbor myself....
Let's do that!!!

18Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Game on......weekend....weekday.....

Parking is free....guy has me all dialed in..

Check his website out fishforlife.org they take kids out with special needs...I actually got the chance to go on one of the trips and man.....the way u look at life changes....crazyyyy

But yeah lets do this

19Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:53 pm

SoCalFishKilla

SoCalFishKilla
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fishingdachronarch201E7 wrote:Game on......weekend....weekday.....

Parking is free....guy has me all dialed in..

Check his website out fishforlife.org they take kids out with special needs...I actually got the chance to go on one of the trips and man.....the way u look at life changes....crazyyyy

But yeah lets do this
Thats what I'm talking about dog!! Twisted Evil 

20Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:36 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dana point can get pretty good. I've been there a few times.

21Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:47 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Dana point can get pretty good. I've been there a few times.
I am game with that. We should set a date after the toy drive gatherings. It's not a very large bay I've heard.

22Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:00 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dana is loaded with halibut! I'm game too! Been there a couple times myself.

23Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:53 am

Thanks to the guys that decided to join on this small trip to the Jungle! It was nice to meet the guys and put some user names to names and faces! There was a total of 6 of us on this trip! My whole day before we were scheduled to meet at the Jack in the Box was antsy! I was so excited to finally get back in my tube and back on the big pond! Especially with some new fishing friends! We grab some grub and too the jungle we went! I can see everyone is super excited as we were all setting up and getting our rigs ready. One a side NOTE:

While we were setting up, we were approached by a local "city official". I won't name his line of work as many want to keep this area as private as we can. Here is what he told us. He said he works in the building to the right of our launch area. He was asked by the Police/Long Beach Harbor Patrol to "take pictures" of the tubers and call it in when tubing guys showed up to fish. The reason??? A simple and character that I'm sure we are all taught when we were kids. PICK UP AFTER YOURSELF. We have no idea who or how many people don't care and are doing this but some tubers are leaving trash behind all over the place. The guy said his building even have been leaving out a steel trash can that is literally 8 feet from the first parking area and people are still not using it. This guy was totally nice and said he does not care at all that we use those parking areas and love to launch and fish in that area. He saw no reason to "take pictures" or call us fisherman in. He just wanted to send the information across as he saw there was a group of us. So here it is. The guys that were there heard his speech first hand. The guys that were not, it's here for you to read. Fishing for us should be treated as a privilege. Not a right. Especially in areas that are super fun but a gray line drawn if we are allowed to be there. Come on guys, its a simple thing. Don't trash the place. If you take food, water bottles, whatever, put the trash where it needs to go. In the trash CAN that is within 10 walking steps. Respect the area as many of us value that fishing hole. They can take it away and put up signs and we can get cited. However, for now, we have a warning. Keep the place clean please! If you see trash, please pick it up and put it in the trash can. You may see it on the floor, but eventually, it will end up in the water where we tube. Together, we can make for a better reputation and cleaner place for all of us!

Mods: If you feel this can be a sticky thread or post, please let me know where to post it. Thanks!

Okay, now on to the fishing. I know a couple of you have never been tubing there before and we can all agree, it was a real slow night for how long we spent on the water. My buddy and I decided to head on in at about 10pm. I got 3 fish myself. One sandy about 12", a smaller sand bass and a Gopher RF. I did loose one fish while I was busy texting... All I welt was even pressure. Like I was snagged. The bites at the Jungle often feel like that. So I swung and it was game on for about 5 seconds. This fish pulled straight down with even tail pumps. All I can do was hold on. I maybe got about 3 cranks in and it was unbuttoned. I didn't get broken off. The fish just decided to open his or her mouth and my bait comes out. I don't think I ever had this fish actually hooked. Well another one of those I wonder what the heck that was stories! It's not the first and I know it will happen again. For The Jungle, it was a slow night. As soon as we launched and saw the bioluminescent waters, I was a bit discouraged. Normally when the waters are bioluminescent, the bite is tough. Either way, it was nice to get out on the water and to meet new tubing friends! Hope to fish with you guys again!

LC

24Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very well put and thanks for putting the info about the trash! It was good fishing with you

25Jungle Night sesh Empty Re: Jungle Night sesh Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:26 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Good report......thx for that sticky....great to mert u too....will have to do it again soon.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum