FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

what I'm i doing wrong....?

+2
.:LOLLY:.
jesusbm562
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty what I'm i doing wrong....? Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:10 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I been hitting the water everyday after work in the a.m. for the last 2weeks and nothing but dam lizard fish!  I been using swim baits and drop shot for nothing, nada, zip.
I've only been on my tube once this year (since I haven't got my license) and even that i didn't have no luck!, so I been rock jumping and dock hopping up and down the LB area. I've been talking to some people and almost everyone has told me the samething, that fishing has been slow lately.
So what to do now guys? What else should i try and what other plastics should i try besides HH, pearls, gulps, zoom flukes.
Any advice will be taking into consideration.

2what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:14 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Be careful since you still need a license to rock & dock hop. The only rocks that you don't require a license in long beach is the jetty on 72nd st and I think pier J but pier J has never showed me any love. With the colder weather I would say low and slow. Try texas rigging some creature baits. If a certain area doesn't produce keep moving until you find them.

3what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:20 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Be careful since you still need a license to rock & dock hop. The only rocks that you don't require a license in long beach is the jetty on 72nd st and I think pier J but pier J has never showed me any love. With the colder weather I would say low and slow. Try texas rigging some creature baits. If a certain area doesn't produce keep moving until you find them.
I meant pier hopping, my bad

4what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:46 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

At that time frame the piers behind the aquarium do pretty good if you haven't tried them already.

5what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:43 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:At that time frame the piers behind the aquarium do pretty good if you haven't tried them already.

I have never had any luck on any of the 3 piers behind the aquarium.

6what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:07 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Get your license first of all. Most of the fish I got yesterday were caught from shore not my tube. You need to hook up with somebody who hopefully will show you something new. Ill be glad to but I don't know when I'll be there again.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

7what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:18 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Jesus, dust that tube off and put it to good use. Fishing from the tube will produce more fish IMO than fishing from land. Try the texas rigged creature bait or evan a texas rigged curly tail type bait, I've been getting all my fish on this type of setup. Cast into where you think you'd be hiding if you were the fish! Believe me, sometimes the fish are where you least expect them to be. The key is to cast in there and get your bait in there, if it looks fishy, cast into it! I cast a couple of time right into the same spot, sometimes the hit it on the second or third cast!

Dont give up, you'll find a pattern that works sooner or later. This is the fun part, the hunting, the figuring out is what I like about the whole fishing experience! Your a hunter, try different techniques until you find what works for you bro. Dont be affraid to toss some bigger baits too, like the 5" MC Viejos, dude those are halibut killers! And the bass inhale them too! Good luck.

8what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:05 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The 4" lizards love the 5" viejos... ask me how I know LMFAO

9what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:54 pm

jesusbm562

jesusbm562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:Jesus, dust that tube off and put it to good use. Fishing from the tube will produce more fish IMO than fishing from land.  Try the texas rigged creature bait or evan a texas rigged curly tail type bait, I've been getting all my fish on this type of setup.  Cast into where you think you'd be hiding if you were the fish! Believe me, sometimes the fish are where you least expect them to be.  The key is to cast in there and get your bait in there, if it looks fishy, cast into it!  I cast a couple of time right into the same spot, sometimes the hit it on the second or third cast!

Dont give up, you'll find a pattern that works sooner or later.  This is the fun part, the hunting, the figuring out is what I like about the whole fishing experience!  Your a hunter, try different techniques until you find what works for you bro.  Dont be affraid to toss some bigger baits too, like the 5" MC Viejos, dude those are halibut killers!  And the bass inhale them too!  Good luck.
Hey thanks alot wiseguy, I'll definitely try those out

10what I'm i doing wrong....? Empty Re: what I'm i doing wrong....? Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yup those lizards are on a steady diet of 5" MCs!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum