FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by jeffcpr Today at 5:28 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland

+5
fatboy531
.:LOLLY:.
SirMixALot
wiseguy
kaiserslaveray
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:25 am

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

The name says it all basically.

I know sometimes more expensive isn't always better. Most of the time it is.

The cumberland can be had at walmart.com for $170 free shiping or I can get a fish cat 4 deluxe for around $200 hook-up price. What would you(s) recommend getting?

I will probably mostly fish corona lake, sometimes big bear lake wont hike it and I weigh 240lbs.

2fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:48 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

do a couple searches on here, lots of recommendations for both. My choice, The Cumberland!

3fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:57 am

I would say the Cumberland as well . for the bigger guys it is a lot more comfortable to use .. GL with whatever you choose . and pray that the rain hits because Corona is a mud hole atm and most spots deepest part is like 6.5'

4fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:46 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I weigh 240 too and the cucumber keeps me outta the water pretty good. The only thing I wish I had was an inflatable seat cuz my derrière hurts on those long days on the water.

5fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:57 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Cumberlands are even sturdy enough to stand on them...It was proven by a few of our members this past Saturday!

6fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Sounds like the Cumberland has the most votes. In reading other post it seems that the Cumberland is a forum favorite also. Its so weird, I haven't seen any Cumberlands on the lakes when I've gone. I see about 5 fish cats to every other 1 tube out there.

7fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:23 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Oh yeah!!!! One more thing..... the crossbar on my caddis is a pain in the @$$! It doesn't come apart once its put together and inflated. So I need to squirm in and out with fins on. Im asking to take a swim every time I get in or out. It is also positioned so I can't put the fins on or off once I'm seated with the crossbar engaged.

The Cumberland has the same crossbar. Does anyone have problems with the bar as I do on the caddis?

8fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:03 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

kaiserslaveray wrote:Oh yeah!!!! One more thing..... the crossbar on my caddis is a pain in the @$$! It doesn't come apart once its put together and inflated. So I need to squirm in and out with fins on. Im asking to take a swim every time I get in or out. It is also positioned so I can't put the fins on or off once I'm seated with the crossbar engaged.

The Cumberland has the same crossbar. Does anyone have problems with the bar as I do on the caddis?

The cross bar comes in and off really easy. No problems. The cumberland gets my vote. I own 2

9fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:44 pm

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I have the fish cat 4 deluxe and I love it. The inflatable seat is alot more comfy than the foam seat. But I weigh 170 so I dont know how it would hold a guy who is 240 but it keeps me well out of the water and my butt doesnt hurt even if I fish all day.

10fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:47 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The foam on the cumberland can be a bit harsh on a big boy. I took a welding torch and burned in the imprint that was already there from the use. I sit a little better cause of the contour but it doesn't make it any softer on the buttocks

11fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:03 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bballnono wrote:I have the fish cat 4 deluxe and I love it. The inflatable seat is alot more comfy than the foam seat. But I weigh 170 so I dont know how it would hold a guy who is 240 but it keeps me well out of the water and my butt doesnt hurt even if I fish all day.
x2

12fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 am

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Have you guys read the thread from theasainguy?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The seat on the Cumberland can't be worse than the "seat" uhmmm...... errrr........ sling on the caddis navigator II. I did 7 hours in the tube it made me walk like a mummy when I peeled myself out of the sling. Is the Cumberland seat really that bad?

13fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:17 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

n2deepfsw wrote:
bballnono wrote:I have the fish cat 4 deluxe and I love it. The inflatable seat is alot more comfy than the foam seat. But I weigh 170 so I dont know how it would hold a guy who is 240 but it keeps me well out of the water and my butt doesnt hurt even if I fish all day.
x2
x3

14fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Empty Re: fish cat 4 deluxe or cumberland Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:22 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I couldn't tell you how bad the seat on the cumberland is, but I can tell you, in anyway you can get an air seat, DO IT! I upgraded the foam seat on my Creek Company ODC 420 to the air seat, and WHAT a difference! Everyone that's said that the foam seat is harder on us bigger guys, is right on point, I'm about 235-240 and the foam seat gets to be hard on ya.

regarding Corona, I've called Corona a mudhole for awhile now but the water as low as it is now, it lives up to the name, it's still not terrible to fish, just make sure you clean your tube pretty good afterwards since the water is a little on the dirty side.

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum