FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Custom made Morita Gaff

+9
kobra
david886720
.:LOLLY:.
Tony G Fishing
jeffcpr
ed5000x
SirMixALot
Jerdon
Dex
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty My Custom made Morita Gaff Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:41 pm

Dex

Dex
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Hello everyone, I just received my Calcutta bamboo custom gaff today and thought I would share it with you.
I found Morita Custom Gaffs on Facebook, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
and I liked what I seen so I thought I would have them make me a float tube/ kayak size gaff.  

Most of the pictures he had on his page are from gaffs for people with boats, and a big thing they all where doing was putting the name of their boat on the gaff.  Since I will be using mine on my float tube I wanted to try something a little different and have more of a personal gaff built.  So I sent Dayrl a PM on facebook and within minutes he replied.  I told him I wanted a gaff and had an idea and wanted to see what he could do with my idea.  

So, I told him I am a Marine Corp Veteran, salute salute And I would like a USMC themed gaff made.
He said that would be a great idea and he then asked me a few questions about what it was I did in the Marines and some of my accomplishments, he basically was picking my brain for ideas for the gaff.  When it was all done this is what he came up with for me.

This first picture is of the wrap he used around the gaff.  He went with the same colors that are on the Marine Corp flag.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"USMC" decal

This decal is of my MOS and slogan.

This picture here you can see a custom wrap he added by the handle of my highest ranking medal I earned. The "CAR" (Combat Action Ribbon)  The handle is really nice and has a slip resistance rubbery matterial on it.

He also did a great job by adding a nice thick layer of clear coat to the entire gaff once all decals and wraps where on.  If any of you guys think you could use a gaff out on the waters, I highly recommend Morita Custom Gaff, they did a great job on my gaff.  This thing is built so solid, I wont have any problem using it as a club to keep those pesky sea lions away from my catch. lol!

2My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:08 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

DAM!!
That is one fine tool Dex, thanks for sharing that.
The saltwater crew is off the hook here.

3My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:29 pm

SirMixALot

SirMixALot
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Man that is sweet!! Gotta get me one of thems!

4My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:55 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice work

5My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:57 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is killer thanks for sharing I am now following Morita Custom Gaffs on facebook.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:18 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Badass Dex!!! Awesome craftsmanship....great work....thx

7My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:52 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you for your service! That is a beautiful gaff! Adding a wrap of your highest ranking medal is a nice touch.

8My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:59 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for sharing. That's a really nice gaff. And thank you for your service Thumbs Up

9My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:10 pm

kobra

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks for your service Dex. That is one bad ass looking gaff. Hope you get to proudly use it many times.

10My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:27 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Very nice gaff! They do awesome work.

11My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:16 am

Nice Gaff , a tube popping Gaff for sure lol!

12My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:45 am

rusty hook

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thank you for your service and thank you for sharing.

13My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 pm

sdbaybassn

sdbaybassn
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for sharing. That thing is nice, thanks for your service to bro. I'm a vet too different branch (Army) and had my share of being Down Range and playing in that big sand box over there. Hope to fish with you one day Devil Dog.

14My Custom made Morita Gaff Empty Re: My Custom made Morita Gaff Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:49 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

wow thats i pretty man, thats an amazing score!

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum