FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:44 pm

Hittin1

FTFF Gathering Officer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I know Okuma  is a popular brand of fishing equipment, but I can not find nothing about their FFT including on their site.. Bought it from A friend who aquired it in an online trade.. Wondering where it was originally bought and the new value of it as well as the spec's for it.   Thanks

2Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Re: Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I believe Caddis makes them for Okuma, check the caddis site for a similar looking model and you will probably find the specs on it.

3Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Re: Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:56 pm

Hittin1

FTFF Gathering Officer

That is what i wanted to hear.. Thank bud.

4Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Re: Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome to the forum Hittin1.

Enjoy the new toy!

5Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Re: Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:03 am

Hittin1

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you Jerdon.
TheClassic Accessories Bighorn Inflatable Fishing Float Tube seems to be the closest match I could find as far as the design and size and overall setup although the color is different.. I have yet to use this thing so I have no clue what to expect. I already have light duty waders so that is a plus. Would tall recommend taking it out for a test run before adding stuff that I have already decided that I must have? Lol

6Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Re: Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:19 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard Hittin1. I owned a Scanoe by Coleman, square end 15', in Northern Idaho. Loved it in no motor lakes.

Here's a mod I made to the deck/bottom of the Scanoe, do you know what cooks stand on in some short order food places, slatted wood decking. Took that idea and made it fit the deck of Scanoe for stability when walking around. I found the bottom to soft for me, so I saw this one day and used it for the Scanoe. I found the materials at a sawmill, needles to say none around here. I would look for door manufacturing/ cabinet companies for free lumber that might work. BTW, I hinged the mod so it was easy to transport and install. Good luck.......GT

It's a U tube, small lakes, NO wind, sit in water type tube. Usually flying guys use them.....have one, don't use it.............GT

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I did a bit of searching and it hard to say if you have the classic accessories bighorn or gunnison float tube but I'm 99% sure it isn't a caddis. Maybe give em a call who knows they may say oh yeah we did those for Okuma they are the blah blah blah model.

Either way it's a nice tube, I got a bighorn for my dad hopefully he will break in soon.

8Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Empty Re: Anyone familiar with This brand of FFT Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:38 pm

Hittin1

FTFF Gathering Officer

GT wrote:Welcome aboard Hittin1. I owned a Scanoe by Coleman, square end 15', in Northern Idaho. Loved it in no motor lakes.

Here's a mod I made to the deck/bottom of the Scanoe, do you know what cooks stand on in some short order food places, slatted wood decking. Took that idea and made it fit the deck of Scanoe for stability when walking around. I found the bottom to soft for me, so I saw this one day and used it for the Scanoe. I found the materials at a sawmill, needles to say none around here. I would look for door manufacturing/ cabinet companies for free lumber that might work. BTW, I hinged the mod so it was easy to transport and install.  Good luck.......GT

It's a U tube, small lakes, NO wind, sit in water type tube. Usually flying guys use them.....have one, don't use it.............GT

Thanks for the mod info for my scanoe.  I rarely attempt to stand in the scanoe while on water even with the outriggers that I added for stability.I will not likely ever take it out alone, and I keep everything I need within reach as does the other passenger..  With the trolling motor, 3 batteries (two for the motor and one for leds, fish finder,bilge pump, ect.), fishing equipment, and the riders, adding a wood floor wood be entirely too heavy for an already loaded down( likely overloaded) plastic canoe.. lol  Ive modded the hell out of it already with a 6 rod pvc rod holder setup, 2 adjustable trolling/fishing rod holders, outriggers, 30 ' of green leds on the outter rim of the hull, anchor trolly system, bilge pump, trolling motor, and a kitchen sink (okay... no sink)..  

As for the float tube....  It doesn't sound like it would be ideal for my needs..   i mainly do inshore saltwater fishing and with tides, and coastal winds over rather large bodies of water, its not clicking with what you described..  That doesnt mean that i wont try the power float trolling motor mod with an anchor and see how that would do verses the elements, but I havent put it in water yet so all that could change in 2 minutes when I get in it for the first time and find out a few things that i didnt expect due to inexperience.   but who knows.   Thanks for your help bud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum