FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

ODC420 Constantly Leaking

+3
jeffcpr
Pavo21
Getarz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty ODC420 Constantly Leaking Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:42 am

Getarz

FTFF Gathering Officer

This ones been buggin me all summer. My ODC420 bladders seem to spring a leak along the seam every other trip. It's too the point that i'm thinking about tossing it and getting something different. Is this the case with other owners ?? I'm storing it in a cool, dark place, don't abuse it at all, but again, these seams apparently are s**t. Could anyone recommend another manufacturer perhaps ?? I was going to replace the bladders on this one, but why buy the same product that has been terrible.
 I probably have used two tubes of Aquaseal already this summer.......... first summer was great, but the last two have been 'hissy' affairs.
I really don't want to get a Kayak, but I will if I have too !! Razz

2ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:18 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

i have a odc 420 and my buddy has the newer style and we have not had any issues like this. time times its sjust per S**t luck. the Cumberland are amazing for the price. when you sealed the hole did you find the actuall hole? because my pontoon i found had like 6 holes when i thought it was 1

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

3ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:45 pm

Getarz

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hey Pavo, Yeah the holes are always on the seams. I do the old 'water and dish soap' routine and they show up immediately. I'm starting to think the material they used for the bladders is just too thin and when they 'weld' the seams it just weakens it that much more. As a last resort I'm actually thinking of just gooping Aquaseal on the entire seam of both bladders. It would cost a lot, but it might get me through the rest of the season.

4ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:44 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have heard of others having issues but not that bad, my 420 has been good for the last 3 years. But if you are looking for something new and different Classic Accessories Cumberland or Marshland and remember we get a 15% discount from Cover Bonanza.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

You did not say if it was bothe bladders or just one.
But you can order replacement bladders for 60 bucks here

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

6ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:30 pm

Jerdon wrote:You did not say if it was bothe bladders or just one.
But you can order replacement bladders for 60 bucks here

Not worth supporting or sending more money to creek company ... they are nothing but a headache and there products are poorly made

7ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:52 pm

VegasFishing

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have the newer ODC 420 model, and haven't had any issues. Maybe I got lucky. I do store it partially inflated as to not put any unecessary creases in the bladder that may lead to leaks. My dad and bro have the Cumberland, and it is a very solid tube...

8ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:06 pm

Getarz

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thanks for the responses folks !!! it is indeed both bladders....I just put one back in tonight that has 7 spots along the seam that have been Aqua-sealed!!....Thing might be gettin dangerous to float around in !!.I'd buy another tube before replacing these bladders because i'm kind of gun shy about putting the same thing back in. Might have just got a Friday afternoon tube lol! Kind of bummin to not have a lot of confidence in your tube. been out on the water and have heard the dreaded hiss come out of nowhere. ruins the trip !!

9ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:24 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I was lead to this the other day by talvey

150 bucks for a Cumberland and fins, how long can this last?

10ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:14 pm

fishin' fatty

fishin' fatty
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

not long, I just tried to look at it and the are already out of stock! No

11ODC420 Constantly Leaking Empty Re: ODC420 Constantly Leaking Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I've had some problems with my ODC 420 also. Not sure if I received weak bladders or I inflated a little to high. I try to be more careful now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum