FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just joined a few days ago

+6
jeffcpr
Tony G Fishing
gibbies
GT
Jerdon
Urban Cowboy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Just joined a few days ago Empty Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:35 am

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

What's up guys? Just joined the forum and have already picked up quite a bit of knowledge just from lurking around. Many of my questions have been asked already and answered diligently. I'm from Corona in Southern California and I just received my Cumberland tube, with a CastMate rod rack from Teamfishco.com. I got the fish finder/transducer attachment along with GoPro mount and of course a few rod holders. I should be getting a GoPro and fish finder in the next two weeks or so and plan to post to a YouTube channel once I figure out how to use this thing and not drown in a pond somewhere... First however, I need some waders and flippers. I'm trying to find some HotSpot flippers but they are hard to find. Jeff already gave me a tip on some affordable waders and I plan to seek them out at BassPro tonight. Hope to be operational by this weekend to go on a maiden voyage. Thinking Santa Ana River Lakes although it will be raining here in SoCal. Hopefully I don't have a "Perfect Storm" moment out there LOL! Look forward to conversing with you guys/gals and maybe I'll see some of you on the water soon!

http://dfiinsurance.com/

2Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:45 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome aboard Urban Cowboy.
Turners off McKinley has Hot Spots usually.
Make sure they are big enough to fit over whatever shoes, boots, or stocking foot you plan on using.

3Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:51 am

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks Jerdon. I was just there yesterday and all they had left was one pair of mediums... Not gonna cut it for my size 11 1/2 clown feet. I'm gonna call the Riverside location after work today and see if they have any. I tried to contact HotSpot themselves, since I saw their facility is in Riverside... However they seem to not have the greatest email returning/call answering/message responding abilities. Sad

4Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:04 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome aboard Urban Cowboy......I'll be at SNRL tomorrow, rain I hope....Love to fish in the rain.........GT

5Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:06 pm

gibbies

FTFF Gathering Officer

Welcome from the snowy north! More snow on its way this weekend Evil or Very Mad

6Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:21 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

welcome urban cowboy...your all hooked up, good luck on your maiden voyage!!! post back on how it went, enjoy your stay.

Tony G Fishing

7Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

GT... Me too. Love the rain. Makes me feel like I deserve it more. Tony I will post pics. Thanks for the welcome fellas.

8Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:14 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Welcome Urban Cowboy I am sure you will enjoy it here, glad you made the choice to join the dark side of things. Twisted Evil

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

9Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:38 pm

NeKro

NeKro
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Welcome to the forum, A lot of good guys here to lend out their help and knowledge.

10Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:21 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum Urban Cowboy.

11Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:48 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

Welcome to the forum Urban Cowboy,

SP Dan <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

12Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:11 am

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Update: I picked up some waders and neoprene boots yesterday. I was gonna get the Redhead's like you suggested Jeff but the feet were way too big. Instead I picked up the "Classics" for the same price as the RedHeads. They were discounted $30 off which was pretty sweet. I FINALLY... FINALLY found some HotSpot flippers in a large size at a Turner's in a land far far away... that I will be picking up when I get off work. Nobody get any ideas! They're on hold for ME! HAHA. Now I just need to decide for sure where I want to go tomorrow. Or maybe Sunday. Fish finder and GoPro coming in the next two weeks. Fish finder to find my gear that I'll probably drop in the lake tomorrow, and the GoPro to record footage in the event that I drown, so that it will be an open and shut investigation. lol!

13Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:17 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So where are the fins at LOL. looks like you are just about ready nice work be safe on your first trip let us know how it goes.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

14Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:27 pm

Urban Cowboy

Urban Cowboy
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:So where are the fins at LOL.  looks like you are just about ready nice work be safe on your first trip let us know how it goes.

I met the owner after much persistence, (after failed emails/calls) I sent them a fax of a note explaining my quest. He finally called me back after I bought some at Turner's in Chino. They're out of large now, which Albert (owner) says is necessary for most men. He was nice enough to offer up more if anyone has problems finding them. They don't like to sell directly, but he said he will do it if you absolutely can't find them elsewhere. He said to call him and he will make it happen. If anyone is interested let me know. I'll check with him first and forward his cell. I know HotSpot fins can be elusive first hand.

15Just joined a few days ago Empty Re: Just joined a few days ago Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:26 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome Urban Cowboy. I'll take you up on the offer to purchase Hot spot fins directly from them. I tried to get a pair a while back and gave up in frustration when I couldn't find any in my area of Los Angeles. I wear a size 11 boot over my waders so I assume that would be a Large too. PM me if you think it's possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum