FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crappie at Lake Perris?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Crappie at Lake Perris? Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:27 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sorry, this isn't a Ca Freshwater Report, but hopefully I can turn it into one..
Is there anyone out there that has had good crappie fishing the last couple of years or so at Lake Perris?  I'm talking about numbers of fish, not catching one here and there by accident.  I know there are some very large Black Crappie in the lake, I've seen them caught, and I got an almost 18 inch fish a couple of years ago from a spot that should have held many more fish, and I tried to get another bite in that spot for at least an hour, but no dice.   Seems like fishing from the marina docks in the early springtime with live shad is probably the best bet for catching several fish.  Has anyone had any success at Perris catching crappie from a boat or float tube where you get near limits?  Seems like the crappie don't stay in groups of fish or "schools" like they do in other SoCal lakes like El Capitan, Hodges, Elsinore, Vail, Piru.  At these lakes when you catch one, you will usually catch several more, possibly even limit out.  I've seen large groups of fish on fish finders at the lake, but they usually end up being large Bluegills and Redears, which are great fish to catch, but I'd like to concentrate more on catching some nice crappie this year from my local lake.  Maybe there are not many crappie in Lake Perris. There's tons of baitfish to support large groups of big crappie, but where are they?

2Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Re: Crappie at Lake Perris? Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 pm

The most i got there was 3 or 4 in a day by the launch ramp i seen some caughy off the marina docks but not close to limits

3Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Re: Crappie at Lake Perris? Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:51 am

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

oh man i remember watching those things get dumped into the lake from Elsinore Lake from angler's coolers back in the early 90's .. I too have seen them caught by the dam area and the east end in the hidden lake . we really need the water to rise for them to have a great spawn again . Perris will more then likely never be as good as these other crappie lakes , but if we can keep the water up and that's the lakes plan to raise it back up 40' vertically .. We will start to see this become an amazing fishery again like it was 12 yrs ago .. We just have to be patient and its hard because if we all fished it back in the 80's - 90's oh man what a lake this was ... DD bass where the norm. to catch and Perris was on the must watch list for breaking and producing a world class fish ! Twisted Evil

Wes

4Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Re: Crappie at Lake Perris? Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Sorry Komori, 
the only Crappie I have caught at Perris was incidental to my Bluegill or Bass endeavors. I personally do not know anybody who targets Crappie at Perris. I hope someone chimes in with some helpful details.

5Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Re: Crappie at Lake Perris? Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:44 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

We digress,
now how about those Lake Perris crappie?

6Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Re: Crappie at Lake Perris? Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:31 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ok we need to respect Komoris thread here seems to have gotten a little off topic. I will loon to split this thread is i can.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7Crappie at Lake Perris? Empty Re: Crappie at Lake Perris? Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:18 am

Misfitdog

Misfitdog
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

We just gotta be patient for these Perris Crappie , they will rebound once new and existing cover that is placed in the lake becomes flooded again. As well as other species are concerned its in the same boat for all panfish , bass and catfish ... We have waited 12yrs whats another 2  Thumbs Up   All I can add is that I am excited with the direction the lake is going again .

Edit : Btw I saw 2 big crappie caught this last week by the dam in about 30' of water on a huge brush pile and they where big fish, just only wished the angler would have put them back instead of the cooler so they could spawn out , because they where some huge crappie .

Wes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum