FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you guys growing?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What are you guys growing? Empty What are you guys growing? Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am

I'm getting ready for the growing season and have a BUNCH of peppers and tomatoes started.

Does anyone have a backyard pond?

I do, and at one time, had over a dozen fish...( goldfish and coy)...all named and trained to eat out hand. Of course I always have and still do...a healthy population of mosquito fish.

One day, my wife went to top off the pond and forgot about it.

When I discovered the flooded backyard and crystal clear water with upside down fish, it was hard to take.....'Jaws ' ( the 1 1/2 pound goldfish)... 'Heckle and Jeckle' ( nearly identical 10" coy). ' Michael Jackson' ( an almost completely white goldfish.

Just an aside, I bought a bunch of crawfish and dumped some in the pond. One of those little boogers figured out the routine, and showed up in the area where we fed. He would take the pond pellets right out of our fingers with great precision.

2What are you guys growing? Empty Re: What are you guys growing? Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:55 am

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm currently trying to get some basil going from some cuttings. Maybe plant some little chilis too since I'm going to get some small pots.

If you got craws, you are only one step away from having a few bass and bluegill too.

3What are you guys growing? Empty Re: What are you guys growing? Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:05 am

kin wrote:I'm currently trying to get some basil going from some cuttings. Maybe plant some little chilis too since I'm going to get some small pots.

If you got craws, you are only one step away from having a few bass and bluegill too.

Oh no, this is like a 6' x 8' pond. And the crawfish are ALWAYS temporary. ( Done it before, just never had one become a " pet".)

Bullfrogs hang around longer, but that's a whole nother story.

4What are you guys growing? Empty Re: What are you guys growing? Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:09 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I have been growing my own vegetables for the last 5 years. The first year is the toughest then it becomes easier.
Right now i have Romain Lettus, Purple leaf Lettus, Broccoli, red onion and snow peas popping up. It is about time for zucchini, Roma tomatoes, Basil and green beans. It is so cool to go shopping in your back yard for produce and it tastes so kuch better as well.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5What are you guys growing? Empty Re: What are you guys growing? Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:34 pm

I've been gardening for about 40 years. Just grew artichokes for the first time a few years ago. I highly recommend doing so if you like eating them. I have 6 babies right now.

But I also have 2 pounds of Jerusalem artichokes I got from Gurneys for $10. Now, 2 pounds of Sunchokes planted out and then harvested can feed a small city.

Couple that with over a dozen tomato and pepper plants, and I have no idea where everything is gonna go. Not to mention what I really like to grow is okra and squash...LOTS OF SQUASH....maybe some pumpkins and watermelon.....Crap!!! I've only got like a quarter acre....

I'll figure something out!!!! LOL....( I always do!)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum