FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barrett lake report 6/17/17

+4
Ornery Bob
david886720
Jerdon
CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:09 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER
Fishermen of the Year 2014

Happy Fathers day! well here is my report for Barrett lake 6/1717. I did not know the water level had gone up that much other wise I would of had taken my fish finder. I was in the water by 7am and shot straight across the lake and worked the shoreline. 10 min into the search with a jigs pitching into some stickups and BOOM! bounce  it starts. After harassing the bass Twisted Evil in that area for a while I kicked out into another spot where I switched to top water. I tell you there is nothing like top water blowups cyclops and these northern strain bass don't play. so after harassing some more bass on the top water I made another move.
I switched to 8 in swim bait, I could not believe it I had a school hammering it on the retrieve but not one hit the hooks SMH Evil or Very Mad at one point a few would follow it all the way to my float tube. By 12pm the sun started to put its rays on me and the wind started to push me around so I had to get out. I ended with 14 dinks, it was a fun day at Barrett lake all though there where a few fails, I left my gopro batteries in the truck so there is no video report (not enough footage was taken in the beginning), I left my scale at home, I left my fish finder, I forgot my light tackle for bluegills and I got there late.
Thank you for reading, till next time. Tight lines.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

2Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Thanks for sharing Chris.
Awesome pics from your floating studio as usual, even with the video handicap. Some of the funnest bass fishing is the top water

3Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:52 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Even though you forgot a lot of stuff it still sounds like a fun day! Way to go. Barrett always has something to offer

4Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:46 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Great report, thanks!

Gear mishaps of all sorts are part of the game. Keeps us humble  Smile

5Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great report. I've been wanting to fish Barrett for quite some time. Maybe next time.

6Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 pm

tridao84

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Awesome report dude..

7Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:10 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Jerdon wrote:Thanks for sharing Chris.
Awesome pics from your floating studio as usual, even with the video handicap. Some of the funnest bass fishing is the top water
Thanks Jerdon, I was so busy the night before that when I got there all I was thinking about was......fishing...fishing...fishing bounce lol! I would of have had some nice footage for a video but I guess that only leaves me with one choice, and that is to go back again Twisted Evil

8Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:12 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

david886720 wrote:Even though you forgot a lot of stuff it still sounds like a fun day!  Way to go.  Barrett always has something to offer

Thank you and it sure was. It was a beautiful morning as well so I guess that mad up for a lot Very Happy

9Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:14 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Ornery Bob wrote:Great report, thanks!

Gear mishaps of all sorts are part of the game. Keeps us humble  Smile
It sure does Ornery and thank you.

10Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:16 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Yellowrock wrote:Great report. I've been wanting to fish Barrett for quite some time. Maybe next time.
Thank you Yellowrock, I will be making another trip back again soon, I will post the invite again with more time in advance.

11Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:17 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

tridao84 wrote:Awesome report dude..
Thank you tridao84

12Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:24 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

CHRIS THE FISH… How hard was it to get thru and get a ticket? Also, you could have used your bass outfits to catch those giant Bluegills. I think those 1.5 lb Bluegill fight harder than those 2 pound bass! Use a little dark colored crappie jig or trout tube and have some fun just jigging it below you and off the dock. I actually had more fun with the huge Bluegill and the giant crappie than I did with the Largemouths! But the three of us guys did catch 51 bass in about 30 minutes from one place where the bass had the shad cornered! It was insane!

13Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:15 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Komori wrote:CHRIS THE FISH… How hard was it to get thru and get a ticket?   Also, you could have used your bass outfits to catch those giant Bluegills.  I think those 1.5 lb Bluegill fight harder than those 2 pound bass!  Use a little dark colored crappie jig or trout tube and have some fun just jigging it below you and off the dock.  I actually had more fun with the huge Bluegill and the giant crappie than I did with the Largemouths!  But the three of us guys did catch 51 bass in about 30 minutes from one place where the bass had the shad cornered!  It was insane!
Komori, well as for getting thru, its not bad as long as you have a truck, there is one area that you have to drive thru a small creek 10 feet wide and the water level there was up about 2 feet and last year it was dried out and as for the rest of the road, its a bit bouncy and Its made like that for safety reasons for people not to speed and as for the ticket, you have to buy it thru ticket master. Once you buy it just print out your receipt and once you get to the lake there should be someone there checking their manifest list.
I'm thinking of going back out there again soon and hopefully I will remember to take my ultra light gear this time.

14Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:35 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

CHRIS THE FISH - I didn't mean how was the road condition driving down to the lake (I've been at Barrett a dozen times), I meant how difficult was it to get thru at Ticketmaster to get a Lake Barrett fishing pass. I have not been fishing there for several years, and the way that it was set up in the past, was that you had to call Ticketmaster at a certain time, and on a certain day. Whenever I called, I usually got a busy signal. You had to hang up and try again. Over and over. If you were lucky, you would get thru. Many times, if you got thru to a Ticketmaster operator, all the tickets would be sold out! They go very fast! We did get lucky and got the fishing tickets a few times because we had about 5 people calling for us.

15Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:38 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Komori, ticketmaster still sells barrett tickets starting the 2nd tuesday of every month for the following month. You can just buy online instead of calling now. If you get no luck getting the date you want sdfish.com has a Barrett ticket trader forum that works well also. I have used it myself before in the past. Hope this helps

16Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:58 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Komori wrote:CHRIS THE FISH - I didn't mean how was the road condition driving down to the lake (I've been at Barrett a dozen times), I meant how difficult was it to get thru at Ticketmaster to get a Lake Barrett fishing pass.  I have not been fishing there for several years, and the way that it was set up in the past, was that you had to call Ticketmaster at a certain time, and on a certain day.  Whenever I called, I usually got a busy signal.  You had to hang up and try again.  Over and over.  If you were lucky, you would get thru.  Many times, if you got thru to a Ticketmaster operator, all the tickets would be sold out!  They go very fast!  We did get lucky and got the fishing tickets a few times because we had about 5 people calling for us.
Oh! I see, its easy buying your ticket online bro and I have called as well and the wait is not bad either.

17Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:14 pm

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER wrote:
Komori wrote:CHRIS THE FISH - I didn't mean how was the road condition driving down to the lake (I've been at Barrett a dozen times), I meant how difficult was it to get thru at Ticketmaster to get a Lake Barrett fishing pass.  I have not been fishing there for several years, and the way that it was set up in the past, was that you had to call Ticketmaster at a certain time, and on a certain day.  Whenever I called, I usually got a busy signal.  You had to hang up and try again.  Over and over.  If you were lucky, you would get thru.  Many times, if you got thru to a Ticketmaster operator, all the tickets would be sold out!  They go very fast!  We did get lucky and got the fishing tickets a few times because we had about 5 people calling for us.
Oh! I see, its easy buying your ticket online bro and I have called as well and the wait is not bad either.

I am moving back to SD in September. I am looking forward to another attempt at fishing Barrett. I hope things have changed as I was never able to get a ticket. I had the wife on the phone and I tried the computer. No luck.

18Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:36 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Capt Ray wrote:

I am moving back to SD in September.  I am looking forward to another attempt at fishing Barrett.  I hope things have changed as I was never able to get a ticket.  I had the wife on the phone and I tried the computer.  No luck.  
I just made another trip out there. I bought my ticket online without a problem Capt Ray.
Here is the footage

19Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:30 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice video, but I'm not a fan of pulling in a big bunch of moss and weeds or water skiing the bass across the surface. The blow-up is cool, and if you have open water to fight them, it's all good.

20Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:09 pm

Capt Ray

Capt Ray
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Capt Ray wrote:

I am moving back to SD in September.  I am looking forward to another attempt at fishing Barrett.  I hope things have changed as I was never able to get a ticket.  I had the wife on the phone and I tried the computer.  No luck.  
I just made another trip out there. I bought my ticket online without a problem Capt Ray.
Here is the footage

Looks like you figured them out. Nice work. Maybe we will cross paths out on the water. Ray

21Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Empty Re: Barrett lake report 6/17/17 Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Capt Ray wrote:
Capt Ray wrote:

Here is the footage

Looks like you figured them out.  Nice work.  Maybe we will cross paths out on the water.  Ray
Thank you Ray, hopefully we do bro, its always cool to meet new people.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum