FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Outkast power kick fins

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Outkast power kick fins Empty Outkast power kick fins Tue May 15, 2018 10:28 am

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Alrighty, for starters, these are basically Force Fin knockoffs.  It's been long enough for the original patent to run out.  I got two pair on sale from Cabelas and I've always wanted a pair of force fins aaaand the cheapie set of fins I'd purchased at the local Big 5 sukt.  

First off, they are a step in design, with nothing over the toes, and a built in heel strap.  They're held on with two straps over the top of the foot and have a keeper leash to go around your ankle/calf.  The keeper leash has a quick release buckle, the over the top straps do not.  One of the online reviews I read before receiving these opined that quick release buckles for the two straps would be an improvement.  I disagree.  The tightening straps are easy to release (just lift the tab and they loosen up immediately) and quick release buckles would make putting the fins on harder (in my opinion).  

Fit and finish was fine, they're a heavy rubber/plastic like most fins.  More rubbery than the cheap ones, more plastic-y than the high dollar ones.  All straps and buckles are pretty standard webbing and plastic, easily replaceable at need.

I definitely like the addition of the keeper leash as the fins feel neutrally or negatively buoyant.

As for the actual kicking, definitely less effort on the calves, but a bit more on the thighs.  Overall a good experience, and walking in them, even in soft sand was way easier.  In dive fins walking forward in soft sand is pretty much impossible, with these fins, you're not in a hurry for sure, but it's doable in a duck waddling, awkward way.  

The hard(ish) nature of the material, and the design themselves require a dive boot or wader boot or water shoe.  I tried them with just a fin sock around the house and it's painful.  Since we use stocking foot waders, we just put our dive boots on over them without zipping them up, super comfy.  

My son was able to get foam on the front of his tube at full speed (water polo, swim team and 30 years less mileage on the chassis than old dad) and I was able to make respectable speed.  

I'm happy and consider it money well spent, but they weren't the come to jebus moment that a lot of anglers and divers seem to feel when trying this fin design.  Not knocking it, but I won't be effortlessly pulling any skiers behind my tube is all lol.  Tight lines gang.

Last edited by Fishbones805 on Tue May 15, 2018 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total

2Outkast power kick fins Empty Re: Outkast power kick fins Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 am

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

I bought a pair of those and plan on trying them out this week in Bridgeport.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum