FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Today at 5:05 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:38 pm

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ok I give, lookin for a tube

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Ok I give, lookin for a tube Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:34 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Judging from the action on the board I guess I am one of the few who doesn't get to fish this weekend.Hope to see alot of reports tues.!

Anyways, as I have said before I have not been fishing as much as I would like the last few years. As a consequence my gear has kinda gotten dusty. So here I am in the garage trying to sort things out.
I am presently trying to acquire some new, lighter and larger pontoons for my Bronco. Years ago I had my Bronco frame stretched and welded so it does not break down. Now after watching he discussions here I am seeing the need to acquire a tube if I am going to check out some of the water you guys are in. So..., OK I give., Looking for a tube. Kinda like the fish and fat cat style u boats. Is the space just behind the seat back dry? Storage?

bodfish

2Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Re: Ok I give, lookin for a tube Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:08 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Glad to here you are going to break down and jump in with us. The back storage on those tube for what I know is not dry. You might think of a dry storage bag for the back, or I have heard of some people using small coolers to hold there stuff out of the water in that back section. That is my 2 cents on the matter.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty checkt'm out Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:19 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

so i ran down to the fishermans spot and looked at the super fat cat, prowler, and a few other outcast products there. Hmmm I felt a bit low in the saddle. not being able to sit in water at the shop my question is how low in the water are you actually sitting? and how easy is it to tip forward?

4Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Re: Ok I give, lookin for a tube Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:47 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I dont have one of those but I do have a tube with a similar type of seat. I sit out of the water about up to my thighs so it is pretty high and dry.
As for tipping in the tube I will leave that to ed5000x and waxon67, anything is possible but if you are careful you should be just fine.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

5Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Re: Ok I give, lookin for a tube Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 am

Dano67

Dano67

The fishcats are really stable. The back area does get a flow of water thru it due to the drainage holes on the bottom and the opening at thr joint. I fished pontoons before float tubes, it will take a little getting used to. Looking forward to meeting you on the water!

6Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Hmmmmm Hmmmmm Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:28 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hmmm
Ok , trying to find a retailer with a Bucks Bullet to look at locally. I like the idea of a metal frame. I tubed for years in round boats. I started in the early 80s in a Bucks Hi and Dri, then a Trout Traps 350 and finally my pontoon. I spent a short time in a Wood River u boat that someone let me test drive. I found them hard to cast from because of how low you sat in the water, as well as the open front allowed rough weather to break into you. So I am looking for the highest driest ride. And man are tubes expensive now!

7Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Re: Ok I give, lookin for a tube Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well the cumberland is rate at class 1 river rafting so i took it down the river about 20 time and did not flip once weeeee

8Ok I give, lookin for a tube Empty Re: Ok I give, lookin for a tube Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:46 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

bodfish wrote:Hmmm
Ok , trying to find a retailer with a Bucks Bullet to look at locally. I like the idea of a metal frame. I tubed for years in round boats. I started in the early 80s in a Bucks Hi and Dri, then a Trout Traps 350 and finally my pontoon. I spent a short time in a Wood River u boat that someone let me test drive. I found them hard to cast from because of how low you sat in the water, as well as the open front allowed rough weather to break into you. So I am looking for the highest driest ride. And man are tubes expensive now!

170 at sams club

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum