The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics

» XPW 240 Maxxon Giveaway
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:33 pm

» Rod Rack for your shop
by BobBfishin Yesterday at 5:58 pm

» FTFF Breast Cancer Awareness Fish Off
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:18 pm

» Long Sleeve FTFF Shirts
by SP Dan Yesterday at 10:47 am

» October 15th ninja sessiin
by SP Dan Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:24 pm

» LAH Instead of LAB on Sun 10-13-19
by SP Dan Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:55 pm

» High School Fishing Clubs
by TobyB Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:06 pm

» 2019 Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:28 pm

» Another Maxxon XPW 240 Raffle
by jeffcpr Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:43 pm

» LAH Sat 10-12-19
by SP Dan Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:18 pm

» First Golden Trout
by Troutbum Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:23 am

» The 2nd Annual Hookup Bait Tournament Happened!!!
by SP Dan Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:33 am

Donate to the FTFF
Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner


You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Preferred Species

Preferred Species

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Preferred Species Empty Preferred Species on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:14 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Alright guys,
I’m just bored I’m trying to start a convo.
I wanna know what is your preferred target fish, if you have one and why!?
Me personally I love to fish and I’ll fish for anything but my preferred fish to target are trout.
I love the fight, I love how difficult they can be to hook up,
I love their variations.
Fishing them on 2lb test is my favorite I love using lures and plastics.
So let’s hear it

2Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:33 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Moderator
Large Mouth Bass for sure.

My main reason is where I mainly fish, Lake Perris. LMB is a great fighter and any day fishing can turn up a 5 pound and bigger bass.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:49 am

SP Dan

SP Dan
Moderator
The main reason is where I mostly fish (LAH) is for Halibut.
They can get up to 50+ lbs.
A 28” Halibut would tow a 28” Trout backward all day long.
I know this because I recently caught a 28 inch rainbow in Montana at Swan Lake at the end of May this year.
Give me an arm wrecking Hali any day!

SP Dan     <“))><


_________________
Four out of the five voices that I hear in my head tell me to .... "go for it"!!!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:10 pm

GT

GT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Well for me it's the Spotted Bay Bass. Ounce for ounce she fights to the end. I use small bait casters, 100 and 150 series, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Izorline XXX Co-polymer line on 7'2" medium light rods. Saltwater being my closet venue, HH has a healthy broad of spotties.
Freshwater would be trout in a creek stream or river. Ultra light reels, 2# Izorline XXX Co-polymer on 7' ultra light rods. I mainly trout fish in the Eastern Sierras..........GT

5Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:12 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
For Saltwater its Spottied bay bass.  These fish are just great fighters and can be fun to hunt down.
As for freshwater I will say Large Mouth Bass again what a fun fish to catch.  But there not easy to catch which is the challenge and part of the fun.


_________________
Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:49 am

TobyB

TobyB
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I fish mostly Saltwater just because its closer and easier to get to and i love to catch Saltwater Bass. I use mostly light line 8-12lb on a medium light or medium rod. Spotties, Sandbass or Calicos I don't discriminate. All three species give a good fight on light gear.

7Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Large Mouth Bass for sure.

My main reason is where I mainly fish, Lake Perris. LMB is a great fighter and any day fishing can turn up a 5 pound and bigger bass.
I’ve hooked up a couple SM in Big bear.
I’d like to give it a shot this year.
My cousins best friend is the owner of Halloways marina.
I seen some monsters swimming the dock slips there.
I’d like to see if I can get permission to fish there

8Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I fish mostly Saltwater just because its closer and easier to get to and i love to catch Saltwater Bass. I use mostly light line 8-12lb on a medium light or medium rod. Spotties, Sandbass or Calicos I don't discriminate. All three species give a good fight on light gear.
I needa get into some salt this year

9Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:For Saltwater its Spottied bay bass.  These fish are just great fighters and can be fun to hunt down.
As for freshwater I will say Large Mouth Bass again what a fun fish to catch.  But there not easy to catch which is the challenge and part of the fun.
I’d like to get some spotties this year

10Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:11 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The main reason is where I mostly fish (LAH) is for Halibut.
They can get up to 50+ lbs.
A 28” Halibut would tow a 28” Trout backward all day long.
I know this because I recently caught a 28 inch rainbow in Montana at Swan Lake at the end of May this year.
Give me an arm wrecking Hali any day!

SP Dan     <“))><
I’ve never fished swan lake.
Closest I got was Flathead.
Also browns lake.
But when I’m in Montana I mostly fish the rivers.

11Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:40 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:For Saltwater its Spottied bay bass.  These fish are just great fighters and can be fun to hunt down.
As for freshwater I will say Large Mouth Bass again what a fun fish to catch.  But there not easy to catch which is the challenge and part of the fun.
I’d like to get some spotties this year

Cool maybe we can hookup a day and get you out in the salt it is a blast.


_________________
Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

12Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:03 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:For Saltwater its Spottied bay bass.  These fish are just great fighters and can be fun to hunt down.
As for freshwater I will say Large Mouth Bass again what a fun fish to catch.  But there not easy to catch which is the challenge and part of the fun.
I’d like to get some spotties this year

Cool maybe we can hookup a day and get you out in the salt it is a blast.
Sounds like a plan brotha 🤙🏼

13Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:47 am

OldMan


Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
I'm a total trout guy. Don't fish for bass or warm-water species. Don't know why, just never had the interest. That and I'm so fed up with bass tournaments and the goobers they use for announcers. But y'all can have my allotment of bass, from spottys to stripers, they're yours for the taking. Very Happy Just leave me some trout or Kokanee.

14Preferred Species Empty Re: Preferred Species on Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am

OldMan


Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:...Freshwater would be trout in a creek stream or river. Ultra light reels, 2# Izorline XXX Co-polymer on 7' ultra light rods. I mainly trout fish in the Eastern Sierras..........GT
We ought to Simonize our watches and get together up there, next summer! We can float tube several small but productive places (Gull Lake or Lundy come to mind). You might like Gerle Creek up near Auburn. I'm going there next week. I use 4.5-foot ultralights with 4# fluorocarbon and a bunch of Rapala, Kastmaster and a couple Panther Martins. I've been using my UL setup for more than 40 years. This year, I managed to lose my Daiwa 700C so I got D-spin 500 and 1000 reels to replace it. I have heavier gear for heavier places but even at Eagle Lake, my Daiwa UL gear has always been up to the challenge. I'll bring some ribs I smoked myself. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum