FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

float tube scooter??

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1float tube scooter?? Empty float tube scooter?? Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:42 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok now that I finally got up enough to get a new float tube (prowler) I'm looking into options to improve my float tubbing experience. I will probably just do a cheap 3 pole rod holder setup strapped to the sides for the time being, but I'm really looking toward a sea doo type scooter to avoid getting blown across a lake / harbor and not being be able to get back.

I read a post where someone basically had that happen and it was the main decision on getting rid of the tube for a pontoon that allowed you to paddle. Does anyone have tips and or suggestions on what scooter works best. I found some on ebay for $130 and others for $700+, but really couldn't figure out the difference between the 2?? I also noticed some that look like a big fan, and thought that would be nice to mount under the tube if at all possible.

If anyone has setup a scooter or can provide some advice I would really appreciate it.

2float tube scooter?? Empty Re: float tube scooter?? Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:31 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well when i first started i was cramoing and getting tired 3rd trip out i desided to try my scooter i even forgot i had one anyways i love it it works great i even pulled a buddy across a channel against wind and current like it would have made are trip short we would have been tired but thanks to the scooter it save our legs for fishing . i ussally tether it along side of me pull it throught the water and use it for long stretches but you cant bet it. but now i dont use as much cause i am pretty strong in the kicking area and plus when i go out i am with freind and i dont want to leave them behind so i just kick now but sometimes i do wish i would have brought it out to some of the trip i been on lol Any more questions just ask
thanks ed

3float tube scooter?? Empty Re: float tube scooter?? Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:29 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I have a feeling i'm gonna get my butt kicked as it is, but that's a good thing since I'll be getting a good workout. However like you said you don't want to end a day of fishing because your spent either.

4float tube scooter?? Empty Re: float tube scooter?? Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:30 am

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

i use this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

i picked one up at the scuba.com showroom in irvine. i bought it with a spare battery for under $300. as a dive scooter, it's not so great. depth rating stinks and the buoyancy is not adjustable. for a float tubing? i think it's great. it floats and that's key. it's battery life and speed ratings are on par with more expensive scooters. recharge time is a little long

i basically attach it to my fish cat with rope and let it drift. if i need to do a lot of turning, it gets in the way so i tie it on really close to my pvc frame. i carry a spare battery in a waterproof bag.

5float tube scooter?? Empty Re: float tube scooter?? Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:13 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

hey guys,
this the second time I have heard you speaking of using a scooter for propulsion. Do you have pics or vids especially of you underway?

bodfish

6float tube scooter?? Empty Re: float tube scooter?? Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:55 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

What about using a battery powered trolling motor? They sell them cheap at walmart.

7float tube scooter?? Empty Re: float tube scooter?? Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:44 am

huyeed

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

i'll try to get some video next time out

i believe a float tube must be registered when a trolling motor is attached. from what i've gathered from harbor patrol and coast guard, dive scooters are for personal propulsion, not watercraft propulsion so they do not need to be registered.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum