FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Today at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Today at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:38 am

WItuber

FTFF Gathering Officer

I recently was looking for a higher riding tube than my Fish Cats I have been using for the past 20 years. After looking around I knew I was going to spend a bit more cash but I take several trips a year to remote lakes in northern WI and MI so I was willing to roll the dice. I catch more bass out of my tubes in a year than my $40k Lund.

After researching a few I had it narrowed down to the Savage 170 and the Zonker. I selected the Zonker due to the higher weight capacity thinking it would be a drier ride. and it was on sale.

I've had the Zonker out three times so far and I am very happy with my selection. The ride is great and it does not seem to catch the wind as much as my Cats. It is a little heavier, about 5 lbs., but the higher ride is well worth it. You will need to land fish on the side of the tube which caused my only puncture in my Cats in the years I used them. Also I will need to Johnny Rig some back pack straps for longer portages as well as figure out a rod rack. The kayak seat provided is OK but I am going to purchase a new one from Comfy Kayak with rod holders built in and try that. Great storage sacks, I only need one and have plenty of storage for my tackle and gear. Will follow up with pics of modifications soon.

All in all a very good step up from the Cats for what I was looking for. Great tube!!!

2Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Re: Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:55 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

It looks like a great ride, I have always enjoyed looking at Dave Scadden Inflatables.  He has some great ideas and this Zonker is one of them.  For those of you that have not seen this before here it is.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

WItuber looking forward to your Modification and your pictures soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Re: Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:29 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Welcome again WItuber and I hope you keep us posted on your modifications.

4Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Re: Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:07 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I’m certainly interested in seeing your finished DIY product! Thumbs Up
Stay inspired! Thumbs Up

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

5Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Re: Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:26 am

AZ59apacheguy

FTFF Gathering Officer

I have a Scadden Outlaw Renegade, looks similar to yours, it is a GREAT tube!!!  Dave is a great guy to deal with. Enjoy![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Re: Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:49 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

AZ59apacheguy wrote:I have a Scadden Outlaw Renegade, looks similar to yours, it is a GREAT tube!!!  Dave is a great guy to deal with. Enjoy![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That’s a great looking toon that you have there! Thumbs Up

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Bronzbackhunter likes this post

7Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X  Review Empty Re: Escape Series Zonker Lo Pro X Review Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

AZ59apacheguy wrote:I have a Scadden Outlaw Renegade, looks similar to yours, it is a GREAT tube!!!  Dave is a great guy to deal with. Enjoy![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I got two questions for you.

Does that Scadden Outlaw Renegade fit in the back of the Stepside Apache in the background?

And can you carry the Renagade inflated to the water or do you need to back up to the lake and drop it at the edge?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum